Pinned Duke's Missing And Rare Movies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 294 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by dukefan1.

• Re: Duke's Missing And Rare Movies- Discussion

Hi

ColoradoBob, RoughRider and myself are putting together a document with the Working title of "John Wayne before stagecoach"

This will include but not be confined to, as many references and quotes as possible from the many books written about JW.

In particular we are keen to supply enough information (and a clip where possible) to support the inclusion in any JW filmography, of those films where JW is un-credited.

We are also hoping to include clips actually showing JW from as many of these movies as we can. RoughRider has already done a brilliant job on quite a few of these which can be viewed on his website at

vanc.igs.net/~roughley/john_wayne_dvd_filmography.html

Maybe we will release this onto DVD for anyone interested.

HOWEVER WE NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE!!!

Trying to find JW in some of these films is very difficult and the more we watch, well me in particular the less I can see of anything let alone JW LOL

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

Can you dig out any copies you have of the films listed below and see if you can spot JW.

You can send me a PM if you are interested in helping and do not have a copy.

Roughrider has some references on the role JW may have played in these films on the above website.
      If you have any information on these films and JW's role in them I would be grateful for that also.

THANK YOU

Listed in order of date of release

1926 Sep Bardelys the Magnificent
      1926 Oct Great K&A Train Robbery
      1927 May Annie Laurie
      1927 Sep Drop Kick (aka Glitter 1928 UK)
      1928 Jan Mother Machree (Fox)
      1928 Nov Noah’s Ark
      1929 May Black Watch (aka King of the Khyber Rifles UK)
      1930 Jan Lone Star Ranger, the
      1931 May Women of all nations
      1938 Feb Painted trail, The

[LEFT][SIZE=1][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [B][B]Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind[/B][/B]

The post was edited 2 times, last by Elly: spelling ().

Elly wrote:

If you have any information on these films and JW's role in them I would be grateful for that also.

THANK YOU

Listed in order of date of release

1926 Sep Bardelys the Magnificent
      1926 Oct Great K&A Train Robbery
      1927 May Annie Laurie
      1927 Sep Drop Kick (aka Glitter 1928 UK)
      1928 Jan Mother Machree (Fox)
      1928 Nov Noah’s Ark
      1929 May Black Watch (aka King of the Khyber Rifles UK)
      1930 Jan Lone Star Ranger, the
      1931 May Women of all nations
      1938 Feb Painted trail, The

Any mention of the above in my library of books,
      I have mentioned on the Movie Review of the film.
      However,I do have Big Trail reviews on

The Lone Star Ranger,
      and
      Women of all nations
      which Bob posted in it's entirety.
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 1 time, last by ethanedwards ().

ethanedwards wrote:

Any mention of the above in my library of books,
      I have mentioned on the Movie Review of the film.
      However,I do have Big Trail reviews on

The Lone Star Ranger,
      and
      May Women of all nations
      which Bob posted in it's entirety.

Thanks Keith

I will go to the movie reviews and see what you have posted there

[B][B]Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind[/B][/B]

Elly wrote:

Hi

ColoradoBob, RoughRider and myself are putting together a document with the Working title of "John Wayne before stagecoach"

This will include but not be confined to, as many references and quotes as possible from the many books written about JW.

ISSUE ONE of this on-going project now available as a data DVD with clips showing exactly where John Wayne appears in many of these movies!

If you would like a copy please send me a PM.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Elly: spelling ().

• Re: Duke's Missing And Rare Movies

Some of the titles you have mentioned here are available in some of those "WESTERN COLLECTIONS" dvd's you find in stores and websites where you sometimes find as many as 50 titles in the "COLLECTION". There will also be films with actors like Johnny Mack Brown or Bob Steele, Gene Autry or Roy Rogers. Most of them are titles in public domain so quality may not be great but the films are there.

jmac67 wrote:

Some of the titles you have mentioned here are available in some of those "WESTERN COLLECTIONS" dvd's you find in stores and websites where you sometimes find as many as 50 titles in the "COLLECTION". There will also be films with actors like Johnny Mack Brown or Bob Steele, Gene Autry or Roy Rogers. Most of them are titles in public domain so quality may not be great but the films are there.

Thank jmac and I have extended you an official Welcome
      in our dedicated thread
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

Your welcome Keith. If you go on the website for a company called Sportsmans Guide and look up the dvd's they sell I believe you will find the Western Collection I was talking about. Sorry I don't have the item number handy but the website is pretty easy to navigate. Good Luck in your search.

Jmac67

Where does John Wayne appear in Lone Star Ranger (Fox, 1930)? I'll have to look for him in it. There are some skips in my copy. Not because of missing footage, but a bad burn from CometVideo. It's quite a good western, however.

Richard

[CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

John Wayne said that he worked on this film both herding horses and cattle. He also said that he was a member of a posse in one of the scenes, although the posse is shown only in a long shot, and the faces of the posse members cannot really be seen. However, since he said he was in that scene, it's good enough for me.
      "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

Colorado Bob wrote:

John Wayne said that he worked on this film both herding horses and cattle. He also said that he was a member of a posse in one of the scenes, although the posse is shown only in a long shot, and the faces of the posse members cannot really be seen. However, since he said he was in that scene, it's good enough for me.

Hello Bob, and thanks for your post.
      It's also good enough to include this movie in our Filmography
      The Lone Star Ranger
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

Issue 2 of "JOHN WAYNE BEFORE STAGECOACH" coming soon!

This will include screen captures showing JW in all those films where it is stated he was uncredited, an extra etc.

It could include video clips? (the one I send out on DVD does)

I am also prepared to provide screen captures of the opening and closing credits in order for the correct information to be included in the film list on this site.

After all the films themselves should be the only evidence needed of JW's participation and credit (or not as the case may be)?

A large document so can administrators accomodate this please? Assuming you would like it posted? :wink_smile:

thanks Elly

Elly wrote:

Issue 2 of "JOHN WAYNE BEFORE STAGECOACH" coming soon!

This will include screen captures showing JW in all those films where it is stated he was uncredited, an extra etc.

It could include video clips? (the one I send out on DVD does)

I am also prepared to provide screen captures of the opening and closing credits in order for the correct information to be included in the film list on this site.

After all the films themselves should be the only evidence needed of JW's participation and credit (or not as the case may be)?

A large document so can administrators accomodate this please? Assuming you would like it posted? :wink_smile:

thanks Elly

I know I'm looking forward to this!
      "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.