Jane Fonda

There are 13 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,544 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• ...and "My Life So Far" already hits the bestselling list. She writes about her Pa, and I figure, she'd be writing about John Wayne, too. I read a very good review. Anybody read it yet?

• This is for all the Vietnam War Veterans and to those American POWs that were tortured because of Vietnam's version of Tokyo Rose & Axis Sally.

Hi Itdo but, I do not support hanoi jane on any endeavor that this traitor embarks on.

Sorry for any negativity Folks but, that's only my humble opinion.

Best regards-TRK.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• As a Vietnam veteran, I'm not particularly "fonda" Jane, either, but on a positive note, I have heard that she's apologized for her activities in Vietnam. I hadn't heard of her book, and don't have any particular plans on reading it myself, but perhaps there are others here who will, and can share with us if she makes any mention of John Wayne.

Chester :newyear:

• I must share my sentiments as well concerning "Hanoi Jane". She may have apologized in this life but she won't be able to in the next one. What she did was down right treasonous and she should have been deported from the US. But, in this day and age of laziness on the part of the media and Hollywierd taking care of themselves, she gets a free ride back to the money train. She should be ashamed of herself.

I guess from what I wrote above you can surmise my thoughts on Jane and the possibility of me reading her toilet paper roll called a book!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I heard her “apology” if that’s what you want to call it, it was more like I’m sorry that it got used that way but I’m not sorry I went. In my opinion she was just trying to smooth the waters for her book release. Since I don’t do much reading for enjoyment, it doesn’t mean too much for me to say I’m not going to read it… but oh well “I’m not going to be reading it” :P

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• I am not a Vietnam Vet. I am not a fan of Jane Fonda's. I am not interested in what she writes or says. The so called apology is what I can figure is about getting on that gun and posing with the North. From what I got from her comments, she did not or will not apologize for the comments or turining in American soldiers.

I was a little young and didn't fully understand what she did, but some of my friends who were vets told me lots. How she got away with it from the American front is beyond me. So in support of my many friends who served our country then and now, I will not support her in any way by buying her books, workout tapes, or videos.

Sorry itdo, can't do!

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I'd weigh in on this but I figure the Thought Police (otherwise known as moderators) would censor me so I'll pass. Suffice to say that as a Vietnam vet, Hanoi Jane ain't one of my favorite people.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hi again Ladies and Gents. Nope, hanoi jane never apoligised for what it did in the war. The only thing that it felt sorry for and apoligised for was for posing on that enemy artillery piece.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I want to take this opportunity to say how sorry I am to Roland a.k.a. itdo for messing up this thread. If you read what he wrote on the subject, you would understand. He asked if anyone who had Jane Fonda's book know if she wrote anything about John Wayne. We immediately went into our own topic and started to down grade Jane and not being caught alive reading such a book. I responded the same way not putting in consideration that itdo wanted to know to those who read the book or have a copy about any subject on Duke.

If I had this book, I wouldn't respond myself being in fear of being attack by people like, well me!

I want to revive this topic. Please let anyone on the board who can answer this question answer it and not comment about the person who wrote it.

Roland, please accept my apology for being so rude to your post.

Cheers Mike a.k.a. Hondo B)

Quote from itdo

...and "My Life So Far" already hits the bestselling list. She writes about her Pa, and I figure, she'd be writing about John Wayne, too. I read a very good review. Anybody read it yet?

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hondo, I agree with what you are saying about answering the original question but I will not retract my statement, as I feel very passionate about what I wrote.

But, I will say that if somebody has read the book and it does have any mention of JW, I will not respond negatively to that person or this thread as my thoughts are very clear.

Sorry if I came off as being rude, but, its the way I feel.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Definitely not a Jane Fonda fan after that crap she pulled during the Vietnam war if you have watched any of the footage of her over there. One that sticks out in my mind is her stroking the enemies anti aircraft weapon and talking crap about America.
    And that forgive and forget crap once you do something that bad there should be know coming back.
    You can just imagine the embarrassment her father felt.
    Well I just got a little emotional :uhuh2: Like I said defiantly NOT A FAN OR SUPPORTER OF HANOI JANE!

NOT THE BRANDY YOU DOPE!

• Guys.

I have read all the posts on this thread. I don't know much about Jane Fonda, apart from seeing her in a few movies from the late 60's and early 70's. I know Henry Fonda was her father, and that they did not talk to each other for a long time.
    I take it, it was because she did not support the American fighting men who served their country in the Vietnam war. From what I've read here, I take it, she did some very bad things.

Didn't Hank Fonda serve in WW2?

As I've said I don't know much about her, so buying or reading her book will not be on my, "Things to Do" List.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.