Speaking of Maureen O'Hara . . .

There are 54 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 37,633 times. The latest Post () was by ejgreen77.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Arthur,

It was great seeing the pictures from your wonderful visit to London on Saturday! Icing on a terrific "cake."

How long have you been hanging out on the Maureen O'Hara message board? It seems like you're an old-timer there. Or maybe you just make really fast friends. :D

I'm beginning to think the new John Wayne museum should have a special Maureen O'Hara wing.

Hm-m-m-m-m-m . . . .

Chester :newyear:

• Hi Chester

The Saturday before the London event Roland sent me the link to the Maureen O'Hara website I joined on the Monday was registered on the Tuesday and joined the others in London on the Saturday.
    I am very much a newbie on that sight. But like this one they all seem friendly.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Maureen O'Hara once testified befroe congress on behalf of John Wayne. I am looking to see how many people I can find who feel, like me, that she should be so recognized herself and would be willing to join a campaign to accomplish this ASAP. I believe we can bring to light all that she has cotributed artisitically and culturally since coming to the United States and that we should do so.
    Please respond with any opinions and ideas, all will be greatly appreciated. TY , Ryan

• What was Duke stated to have done that got him the Gold congressional medal.

Welcome to the board Jannet are you a John Wayne fan? In answer to your question I know little about Maureen except a little regarding her relationship with the Duke. Why do you feel she deserves this award?

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

Originally posted by Robbie@Nov 15 2004, 07:21 PM
    [b]What was Duke stated to have done that got him the Gold congressional medal.

According to this , Robbie, it was presented to him in recognition of "his distinguished career as an actor and service to the nation". I'll let you decipher the meaning of that. :lol:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Some of you Duke and Maureen O'Hara Fans might like to hear Her talk about Herself and Duke and some of Her other Films. :D

June Beck that heads up the Maureen O'Hara Web-Site that lives down in the Phoenix Area and Karen Cooksley from Texas did a interview with Maureen O'Hara a few weeks ago, I think in Scottsdale Arizona where Maureen lives part of the time and put the Audio Interview up on June Beck's Maureen O'Hara Web-Site.

There is a lot of talk about Duke and Maureen and some of Their Films and some of Her other Films. Because Duke and Maureen were very close Friends it will give you a chance to hear that Great Voice of Her's. :wub: Thanks to June Beck and Karen Cooksley you can Hear Maureen talk yourself ! You can go to Maureen O'Hara Chilibill :cowboy:

It might take some time to Down-Load!!!

• I have to wait till Tuesday before having a chance to hear it. The Museum is the only place I have access to sounds on the computer.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Thanks for the site, Bill. I heard just about all the clips, and enjoyed hearing Maureen's voice. It's been a while and she sounds very graceful in her interview with June Beck. What is the word about any Duke projects in her view? Mainly talking about the museum.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Wow, Jay!

You've revived the site exactly 2 years to the day after that last post. I would like to echo two posts above to say, Happy Birthday, Pretty Lady, and many many more.

Happy Birthday, Maureen O'Hara!!!

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I too have to say Happy Birthday to Maureen O'Hara! I just finished reading her book ("Tis Herself") and it is a great read. I heartily recommend it to any one who hasn't yet had the priviledge of reading it. And thanks to June for bringing Maureen O'Hara to the forum (at least in a manner of speaking).
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• I join with everyone else on this site in wishing Maureen O'Hara a happy 85th birthday. God willing, there will be many, many more for this wonderful lady.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!