The Members Chat Thread

There are 1,201 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 356,998 times. The latest Post () was by gettingold80.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• hi all

well stumpy you caught a right fine looking woman there i'm not in her league and you well what can one say but you are a fine looking man no bushpig in either of you. you are slightly different to what i pictured in my eyes mind but there you go your not the white headed man of my dreams :lol: but you will do :lol:

ethan i haven't forgotten you either just had to say have had the most laughs with this post oh by the way heres some flirting for you so you dont miss out on the love feast just :wub: you matey.

i have to say i like men who open doors for me and i am trying my best to bring up the little bloke to be a gentleman boy oh boy is it hard work as he sees me doing a lot of what most would call mens work but he will learn in the end, he does open doors for his nanna and i so i must be doing something right ;)

as for photos some of us just haven't learned how to post them but will work it out one day and you will get to see my best bloke (my son) and me ;)

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

Originally posted by JWfan@Jun 15 2005, 05:10 AM
    born in 1988 Den Haag (The Hague)

cya Danny

[snapback]17627[/snapback]

Apparently you are our youngest member so far, Danny. As I said previously, it's unusual for folks your age to be Duke fans because most of you have never heard of him. In fact, he died 9 years before you were even born. To me, that's a very good indication of the vast, timeless appeal that Wayne had.

De gustibus non est disputandum

Originally posted by smokey@Jun 15 2005, 07:29 AM
    i'm not in her league

That's for a man to judge, Smokey. Most women underestimate their looks. And, as the old sayings go, "beauty is only skin deep". Or, "you can't tell a book by its' cover".

We already know you have a wonderful personality and to me at least, that counts for more than physical attractiveness. You're also bringing up your son to be a gentleman and that counts for a lot also. So don't sell yourself short, darlin'. :P

• hi stumpy

well thanks a lot love

as for bringing my son up to be a gentleman if i do as good a job as my mum did with my brother then i will be happy, the little bloke is trying oh so trying but he has a heart of gold and treats all his little girl friends (as in they are girls and they are friends) like ladies.

cheers smokey

Originally posted by ethanedwards@Jun 15 2005, 10:53 AM
    by the way you can use as big a stick as you like!

Ah, so you're one of those kinky lads, eh Keith? :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by chester7777@Jun 15 2005, 12:47 AM
    Well, to update more thoroughly, I should say that the Mrs. is a 1956 baby, and since we work here as a team, it seemed appropriate to update the profile photo, so now you can see the two of us together :wub: .

[snapback]17613[/snapback]

Chester - you and the Mrs. look much younger than I imagined. Great photo. If I can ever figure out how to set a picture up, I'll try to post mine sometime (though it might make the board crash if I did that! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by Stumpy@Jun 15 2005, 03:10 AM
    You sound like my kind of woman, Sis. Not only a redhead but an old fashioned gal who acts like a woman instead of trying to keep up with the men. I have no use for those bra-burning, man-hating feminists.

Though the wife and I have been married for 46 years, I still hold doors for her and treat her as if I was still courting her. And she loves that treatment too.

[snapback]17623[/snapback]

Stumpy, I have always been really upset with that type also, they sure ruined alot of wonderful things for the rest of us. Mrs. Stumpy is a very lucky lady...there aren't many left like you....trust me I have been looking for a long time.

Baby Sis

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

Originally posted by ethanedwards@Jun 15 2005, 10:53 AM
    ...and by the way you can use as
    big a stick as you like!

[snapback]17645[/snapback]

ee

Oh My! :wub::wub:

Baby Sis

:cowboy::cowboy::wub::cowboy:

• Hey Stumpy,

You better keep a strong hold of that wife of yours. She is a knock out, and I can see that she knocked out you.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• oh ethan

i didn't know that you were into that sort of thing but just to please you would you like one with or without the nobbly bits :lol:

just have to keep this up don't we ;)

cheers smokey

• smokey, my little flower,

stumpy's getting worried about me,
    he thinks I've gone all kinky in my old age!
    But when a young lady, offers me what you have,
    a big stick, nobbly one will do just fine,
    well I have to just roll over and take it!!
    i only hope your little bloke, doesn't
    get an even bigger stick, and whack the both of us!!!

best wishes
    Keith

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Looking through our members profiles, I've edited
    the original list, to include some birth dates,
    that have not been included.
    Bill you are still the most senior,
    Jwfan the youngest!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• This topic has got quite interesting and the generation gap on this board spans over 50 years which is truely exceptional.

Stumpy it was interesting putting a face to the name, incidentally has anyone ever told you, you have a striking resemblance to Henry Fonda.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi robbie,

You're right, it's quite fascinating the span of ages,
    and even more fascinating ,our mutual respect for the great man!
    It's younger members like yourself, and Bill and I at the other end
    that makes this site, a pleasant and wonderful pastime.

However I think stumpy is a lot more handsome then Henry!!
    I'm sure Mrs. stumpy would agree?

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Smokey, ee...you two are starting to scare me :o with all this talk of sticks.... :wub:

Baby Sis

:cowboy::cowboy::wub::cowboy:

as long as you don't start asking for spurs and leather we'll be okay