The Members Chat Thread

There are 1,201 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 358,587 times. The latest Post () was by gettingold80.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I've NEVER recorded "My Boy Bill," but I recorded all the songs from Oklahoma, but they're packed away - only God knows where!

I have access to various recording venues, but I'll just have to see what's going on in the next couple of months...

I'll let you know!

As for my favorite key, it depends on the song. The range of the melody determines quite a bit.

• '

Well, Russ, as much as I love MY BOY BILL, if you are not fond of it, I will be most happy with OK, Surrey, Poor Jud, and Beautiful Mornin', LOL. Thanks, KP

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• I have clicked on my email notice from Irish Duke and it does not go there.....can't even find it. So, Gareth, I talk to Peter, (Dooley) all the time. He quit a while ago when they put the restrictions on posts.....

He has been REALLY busy lately, but he told me yesterday, he thought he might "drop in" a little here and there......so keep an eye out for him! Have a good one, Kiddo, KP Others quit because of the pictures, videos, etc......Peter hasn't even tried that yet, LOL! But, I have warned him.

• Hi Hawkswill. Tell old Dooley that I miss his skewed humor on these pages. I know (thanks to you) why Carl - The Ringo Kid - has been absent. As a matter of fact, you've been pretty quiet yourself but obviously have been dropping in from time to time. I do the same. I'd post more often, but I really don't have much more to say.

Take care.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Hi Bill and Gareth,

Well, maybe too many changes were made too quickly.........I don't know. But what was once one of my favorite things......JWMB started being a chore that I did not enjoy for reasons I won't go into. I only had my friends and supporters, (about 10, LOL). The admins ignored me. I have since found two forums that really appreciate my input and my efforts to help their sites. One is HUGE, LOL, yet I am treated as very special family. I still try to post occasionally,but to tell you the truth, I do not like the new format.......my fault probably because I am not posting enough to get used to it......but that is what others who have dropped back have told me, also. A few of us have decided to try to post some. We will make an effort to get used to everything new.....the ads are pretty bothersome, but...guess you can get used to anything if you like it........we will see. I really DO miss our "get togethers". Maybe we should just do ALL of our posts right here on the members' thread. That way we won't have to hunt for things we can't find, and we won't have to worry about posting out of context. What do you two think? I will tell Peter and a couple of others to do the same. Still have given up on pics and videos. Who knows....maybe something will be done to help us with them. I post mine......just not here. Well, I will try one now........good grief..I will waste an hour. If it doesn't work first time, you will know why there is not a picture here,LOL. Later.......Miss you Bill......Gareth and I are on a couple of pretty good ones......had some that lasted 30 or 40 comments or more didn't we Irish? KEITH Here goes. dukewayne.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/3812/ Well, it looks tiny here. Hope it doesn't put those numbers on it.........we will see. Heh, maybe it is fixed?

• Well, when I looked at it, the pic was there......now it isn't......oh well! If you click on the attachment it gives you a small picture surrounded by black. If you close that....you have to get back on JWMB. I guess you are supposed to hit the back button. So try that when you click on it and let me know if it works, LOL! KEITH

Edited once, last by Hawkswill: More ().

• Uploading Photos to JWMB:

[INDENT]1. Scroll down and hit the "Manage Attachments" button
    2. In the popup window you'll see (along the top) a "Add Files" button, click on it.
    3. Look for the "Select Files" button and hit that to find the photo to upload.
    4. Once you click on the photo you want to upload you will then click on the "Upload Files" button and the page will upload the photo to the server.
    5. If your done then all you need to do is click on the "Insert Attachment" button to finish the process. If you want to add more then repeat steps 2-4.[/INDENT]

Note if you hit the Insert inline then the system will insert a LINK only to the photo in your post and not show the image. If yo want the photo to display in your post then make sure you click on the "Insert Attachment" button.

• Hi Bill and Gareth,

Well, maybe too many changes were made too quickly.........I don't know. But what was once one of my favorite things......JWMB started being a chore that I did not enjoy for reasons I won't go into. I only had my friends and supporters, (about 10, LOL). The admins ignored me. I have since found two forums that really appreciate my input and my efforts to help their sites. One is HUGE, LOL, yet I am treated as very special family. I still try to post occasionally,but to tell you the truth, I do not like the new format.......my fault probably because I am not posting enough to get used to it......but that is what others who have dropped back have told me, also. A few of us have decided to try to post some. We will make an effort to get used to everything new.....the ads are pretty bothersome, but...guess you can get used to anything if you like it........we will see. I really DO miss our "get togethers". Maybe we should just do ALL of our posts right here on the members' thread. That way we won't have to hunt for things we can't find, and we won't have to worry about posting out of context. What do you two think? I will tell Peter and a couple of others to do the same. Still have given up on pics and videos. Who knows....maybe something will be done to help us with them. I post mine......just not here. Well, I will try one now........good grief..I will waste an hour. If it doesn't work first time, you will know why there is not a picture here,LOL. Later.......Miss you Bill......Gareth and I are on a couple of pretty good ones......had some that lasted 30 or 40 comments or more didn't we Irish? KEITH Here goes. dukewayne.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/3812/ Well, it looks tiny here. Hope it doesn't put those numbers on it.........we will see. Heh, maybe it is fixed?

Sorry that things are now different, I have attempted to get this place as it was before the update. I had put off making the upgrade for almost 2 years just because I hate upsetting the site. But at some point you just have to jump in and make it work. I believe the board is getting back to where it was and is running smooth. Of course if it isn't then please post issues in the "Board Technical Problems" thread and we'll look into it.

As for the post being lost, VB will not show your post after you post it. For example, when I post this message, and I go and immediately go and do a latest posts search, the board will not show my latest post, because the system knows that you just posted, and it will only show results that it believes you haven't seen. This isn't new, the old version of the board wouldn't show you your own newly posted comment when you do a latest posts search. You'll need to click back into the thread you posted in to see your own post.

I will say that I prefer the older attachment uploader better than the new one, but I didn't develop the forum software. I don't have a problem with
    the way the forum handles my own posts after I post because once I post, I'm still in the thread that I posted in so I can see my own post. No need for me to do a search for my own post.

• Kevin, I want to thank you for all the work and time you devote to this site. If not for you, none of us would ever had connected and had the chance to share our thoughts about Duke.
    Please keep up the good work.

Bill

• Well, thanks for that. Still going to try to find a way to do it as Larry does. I think most of us would prefer it. But, at least this will work.

• HAH, Irish..........I saw an Avatar that was not a famous person I recognized. Is that the REAL YOU? If so, what was the mistake, LOL? Just watched the first year of Longmire..........had never heard of it. I love it.........now, I have to wait for the second season to come out on Netflix, LOL! I am AMAZED that I actually LIKE a newer TV series. Wonder if Robert Taylor is the son of the other one........have to look it up. KEITH

• Longmire isn't an Australian show, it's set in the contemporary west. As for problems with the board, I've found very few-too few to mention. I check the board once a day (at least) and really haven't experienced any difficulties. But then again, I don't post as often as many of you, or post many pics.