John Wayne Trivia

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 34 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by oliver13.

• Re: John Wayne Trivia

chester7777 wrote:

Here's question number three -

John Wayne was responsible for recommending James Arness for the role of Marshall Matt Dillon in TV's Gunsmoke.
      Name the John Wayne movies in which James Arness appeared with Duke.

I guess I owe you guys an apology. I started this post last Monday, and somehow never hit the "Submit reply" button - got sidetracked somehow.

Anyway, the answers to the above question are:

Big Jim McLain (1952)

Hondo
      (1953)

Island in the Sky (1953)

The Sea Chase
      (1955)

Of the five response received, all five were correct. Congratulations to gt12pak, dukefan1, H.sanada, Jay J. Foraker, and ralphper, and thanks for playing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, here is this week's question -

Impressionists invariably use the word "pilgrim" when doing John Wayne. Name two films in which Duke actually calls someone a pilgrim.

Don't forget to PM the answer to me by next Sunday (I want to give everybody a week to answer; I'll eventually figure out if one day of the week works out better for me than another).

Have fun!

Chester :newyear:

Well, I haven't exactly gotten very regular about keeping up with this quiz. Thanks to all of you who have been so patient, and to those who have played.

chester7777 wrote:

Impressionists invariably use the word "pilgrim" when doing John Wayne. Name two films in which Duke actually calls someone a pilgrim.
      The answers to the above question are - The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance and McLintock!

Of the five responses I received, all five were correct.

Congratulations to The Tennesseean :teeth_smile:, dukefan1 :teeth_smile:, Baby Sister :teeth_smile:, thesherrif :teeth_smile:, and ralphper :teeth_smile: for naming the correct films!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the ads for Jet Pilot (1957), who got third billing after John Wayne and Janet Leigh?

Don't forget to PM the answer to me by next Sunday (I want to give everybody a week to answer; I'll eventually figure out if one day of the week works out better for me than another).

Have fun!

My hat's off to dukefan1, for being so timely in posting his WEEKLY trivia games! I'm still working on it. I thank you again for hanging in there with me.

chester7777 wrote:

On the ads for Jet Pilot (1957), who got third billing after John Wayne and Janet Leigh?

Of the three responses I received, all three - H.sanada :shades_smile:, Baby Sister :shades_smile:, and ralphper :shades_smile: - were correct, giving the answer

The United States Air Force

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now - for a new question -

**** Name the never-realized film that John Wayne was supposed to have made for Sam Fuller in 1955, with Tyrone Power and Ava Gardner as his co-stars. ****

(Hint: This film was a topic of discussion on this message board a few years back . . . :wink_smile: )

Have fun!

chester7777 wrote:

**** Name the never-realized film that John Wayne was supposed to have made for Sam Fuller in 1955, with Tyrone Power and Ava Gardner as his co-stars. ****

chester7777 wrote:

(Hint: This film was a topic of discussion on this message board a few years back . . . :wink_smile: )

Only one person braved this question, and it was :star: arthurarnell :star: (on his first time playing our little game!)

The correct answer is Tigrero, and to learn more about it, check out the discussion here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now - for a new question -

*** In what adventure film did John Wayne comment, "I always forgive a lady one murder." ***

Have fun!