General age of the fans who love Duke

There are 199 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 90,362 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• ethanedwards,

I'd like to welcome you on this board; the greatest for a great American. I will agree with you about the younger generation being on the internet more than us old ones over 40, but I want to remind you that Duke died over 25 years ago, and if you have a following of fans under 30 or 35, then you must admit that he has an influence on our youth today. That is encouraging in my book and I want to encourage the youth to see what a great American is. We don't seem to have many out there today.

Thanks for the post and looking forward to more.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Originally posted by ethanedwards@May 1 2005, 02:43 PM
    As a previous posting mentioned, most "mature" people are not on-line, and are not PC minded. If it were a postal vote, i'm sure your figures, would be different!

[snapback]16392[/snapback]

ethanedwards,

We would like to add our welcome to those you have already received. We've really enjoyed your posts so far, and look forward to hearing more from you.

We were wondering, where is Torquay in relation to Portsmouth? As you may have noticed already, one of our moderators, arthurarnell, is from Portsmouth, England. We have several other members from the UK, and from around the world - truly a world-wide community of Duke lovers!

As for the Mrs. and myself, we are of the "more mature" variety. Some of our members are older than spit (that's not quite as old as dirt :rolleyes: ). But you are quite right when you point out that there are many younger folks coming to know the Duke as we have come to know him (thanks to cable and satellite TV, and those John Wayne movie marathons).

Again - WELCOME!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Guess when I post this, Hondo and Chester, will still be snoozing, but can I take this
    opportunity of thanking, both of you, and Arthur, in Portsmouth, for your welcomes.
    I've enjoyed browsing the site, and can only hope, that any contributions, that I make, will be as enjoyable.
    Torquay, as Arthur knows, is on the same coast as Portsmouth, but a little further, south-west, 3-4 hours away.
    I agree, it is fantastic, that the younger ones, are keeping the memory of the Duke
    alive, my children, being amongst them.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Originally posted by ethanedwards@May 2 2005, 02:41 AM
    Guess when I post this, Hondo and Chester, will still be snoozing . . .

[snapback]16407[/snapback]

You got that right! According to my computer, you posted at 2:41 AM my time :dead: .

I'm assuming you voted in the poll, but I don't think you stated your (at least approximate) age. I'm judging from your comments that you might be among the slightly older set (how old are your children, and how many of them are Duke fans?).

As for our family, though I have 6 kids ranging in age from 25 down to 6, it is only the almost 9 year old is a big fan, along with me and my wife.

Chester :newyear:

• Hi again Chester,
    Just posted a reply to you, about the song!
    You're correct, to assume, I'm one of the older variety, but as you saw, I prefer to call us, the "more mature" I put my birthday into my profile, I'm not afraid!!!The hell I am!!
    Thanks for asking,I have a boy and girl, 4 & 7.I've led a sheltered life!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hi ethanedwards - Welcome to the John Wayne Message Board. I like your terminology - "more mature" - I can live with that. You'll find this a friendly place to visit, so come often.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Jay,
    Many thanks for your kind welcome. It kinda looks, that this site, is becoming the place for the "more mature" to meet up, and exchange views. Ha ha.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Well, I was 37 when I joined this site (still am) but will be 38 in about a week. 38, and i'll still be an ardent fan of The Duke. :)

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hey Ringo. I will be 39 in about 2 months!! Us youngster's have to stick together!! hehehe!! :lol: :lol:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi, SXViper and Ringo,

It's good to hear from you "Young uns" and it's fantastic, that The Duke is so appreciated by the younger generation.

Very best wishes,

the "More mature" ethanedwards

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Well I'm 39, be 40 in September. Watching John Wayne war movies with my dad got me on the road to be a John Wayne fan but my mom really helped me become a big John Wayne fan, when I was around 10 or so when ever there was a John Wayne movie on TV she would let me break out my mess kit and eat dinner out of it and being a good mom she would usually fix chili or something like that for me to eat. It’s great to have found a place to share my love of the Duke…

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Hi erthomp143 - Welcome to the John Wayne Message Board, where you can find out almost any information about our hero that you might want to know. Lots of knowledgeable and friendly members who will make you feel right at home.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Thanks for the welcome... The amount of information here is almost over whelming... Man you got to love that :D

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• It's great to know that people of all ages love Duke.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

Originally posted by ethanedwards@May 24 2005, 07:46 PM
    Now that SXViper and myself, seem to be Stumpys sons,
    we'll keep, the Duke flame burning

[snapback]16952[/snapback]

Gosh, Ethan, I have all the sons (two) and daughters (one) I can handle. Sorry, my friend, but three (plus seven grandkids) is enough. ;)

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Stumpy I have twins age 4 that would love another grandpa!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

They especially like staying for the weekend!!!! :lol: :D :lol: :D

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Tell you what SXviper, I've done some checking!
    I'm old enough to be your father, but the problem is,
    we don't know how old Stumpy is, so could he be
    your Grandpa?? We will never know!!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• 17 here

[SIZE=2]George Washington McLintock:</span> <span style=\'color:black\'>I know I'm gonna use good judgement. I haven't lost my temper in 40 years, but pilgrim you caused a lot of trouble this monring, might have got somebody killed... and somebody oughta belt you in the mouth. But I won't, I won't. The hell I won't.[/SIZE]