What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,441,907 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Gorch and I must be watching the same channels because I also just watched

"Posse From Hell" (1961)
    -Audie Murphy

Plot:
    Banner Cole is professional gunfighter who is deputized by the dyeing town marshal,he forms a small posse to go after 4 death cell escapees who killed the Marshall , robbed the bank, and kidnapped a woman.

Phantom's Review: Solid , well made western adventure. While the plot is pretty standard, the action is terrific, the actors all do a great job and it leads to an exciting conclusion. One of Audie Murphy's best westerns. Plenty of recognizable character actors appear in this film (Royal Dano, John Saxon, Lee Van Cleef, Vic Morrow, Rudolfo Acosta) This is a great way to spend a lazy afternoon.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• The Spoilers- Duke was abit overshadowed by Randolph Scott in this one but I enjoyed seeing him and Harry Carey together, the action was very good considering the time.

Two Fisted Law-Watched out of novelty more than anything else, was interested to see Duke and Walter Brennan so young, I actually enjoyed the picture by my favourites had very few lines.

• Just stomached a watching of: Wagon master with the JF Stock Company. The stock did well but--the movie aint worth the price I paid to get it. Im a bit disappointed with the movie itself--not the Actors involved. Also, I spotted the shadow of a camera and some other movie gear--John Ford must have been sleeping or drunk when those scenes were filmed.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Watched Rio Lobo with my stepfather yesterday. He's a big John Wayne fan as well but hadn't seen it until last night. He really enjoyed it, as did I.

Rio Lobo and Big Jake--were among the very first Duke movies I ever got to see. They were played at least 2 or so times a year on a local TV station that no longer shows any of the classics.

• Last night, watched Billy The Kid with Robert Taylor. Always enjoyed this movie. Recorded on my dvr, then watched it as I transferred it to dvd. Gonna do the same thing tonight. At 8:30 est on Encore Westerns, Errol Flynns Dodge City is on.

• Last night, watched Billy The Kid with Robert Taylor. Always enjoyed this movie. Recorded on my dvr, then watched it as I transferred it to dvd. Gonna do the same thing tonight. At 8:30 est on Encore Westerns, Errol Flynns Dodge City is on.

Dodge City is good. I have it in a 4 DvD Flynn Western set. I THINK that is the only way you can get Rocky Mountain???

• At lunch time today--I watched: 3 Godfathers w/ Duke, Harry Carey Jr, Pedro Armendariez, Ward Bond, Hank Wordon, Ben Johnson, Jack Pennick and Mildred Natwick. Love this movie. I dont care for the original version though.

For Harry Carey:

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().