What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,426,683 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "Column South" (1953)
    -Audie Murphy
    Plot:IMDB
    As Lt.Jed Sayre struggles to prevent pre-Civil War tensions and a racist commanding officer from triggering war between the U.S.and Navajo Indians, he finds his efforts are being undermined by the machinations of Confederate sympathizers.

Phantoms Review: While the film is basically a cavalry vs Indians story, it has the interesting subplot of soldiers from both north and south having to work together despite the tensions that are brewing between them. Audie Murphy is good as always, the rest of the cast does a fine job and there's plenty of good western action. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Guess What? I am now watching Encore Western Channel and they are celebrating Duke's birthday with his westerns. You figure! A western on a western channel? Anyway, I have just watched The Searchers with Jeffery Hunter, Vera Miles and Ward Bond. There are many others but they are the biggies. Another winner here. What's next?

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Started with Sea Chase (Tab Hunter was kind enough to sign these for me last year) and ended up with the Undefeated.
    The pick-up in my copy of the film was beige. I counted the frames as 22. I would have never noticed, thanks for the heads up. Big Jim

[ATTACH][ATTACH]
    3742[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

• "The Searchers"(1956)
    -John Wayne

Phantoms Review: What can I say, that hasn't been said hundreds of times before. It's John Wayne's greatest film, a total masterpiece of cinema and the greatest American western ever made.
    Happy Birthday, Duke.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Most of the Jack Kelly episodes are quite good-remember, he kept the series going well after James Garner left.

• Yeah I know he and Roger Moore took over after Garner's departure but my love of Garner was what attracted me to the series in the first place, I see their's a few episodes with both after this one to introduce Bart so i'll see how I find those but I just don't think i'd have an interest in watching Kelly as a lead.

I agree that Kelly lacked Jim Garner's playful performance but he was quite good as the other brother.

De gustibus non est disputandum