What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,444,952 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Tall in the Saddle, a very good Duke movie, Good quality Black and White. The second time I have seen it.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• 'The Tall Men' (1955)
    -
    Clark Gable,Jane Russell

Phantoms Review: Decent if unremarkable western adventure. Some good action, a gorgeous leading lady and some nice cinematography. Plot is pretty basic. Not a bad film, just ok.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Right you are Colkid. If you look ir up, you will find a bunch of screen catches of the fight between Duke and Ward. We did it on the Group Watch once. It clearly shows the doubles used when Duke and Ward could easily have done those stunts themselves. Have a good one, KEITH

Tall in the Saddle, a very good Duke movie, Good quality Black and White. The second time I have seen it.

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• It appears to me anything Jane Russell was in, wasn't that good a movie. Maybe someone can tell us a movie she did a good job in.
    Clark Gable is one of the best actors ever.
    Keith- Maybe Duke and Ward were using doubles because they were drinking a little? You know they never used doubles for that.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

Edited 5 times, last by colkid60 ().

• "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" on a DVD I just purchased. i am still impressed by the scenes of Ben Johnson's escape from the Indians by jumping his horse over the gorge and the one just following with the troop riding in the thunderstorm. I understand that DP Winton Hoch was lucky that the storm came along just as they were preparing for the shot, so was a lucky accident.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• 'Curse of
    The Undead' (1959)
    -Michael Pate,(from 'Hondo') Eric Fleming (from ' Rawhide')

Plot:
    In a small western town, young women are dying from massive blood loss, the Carter's family ran4is being terrorized by a ruthless land baron, and a mysterious gunslinger with an aversion to sunlight has just ridden inyo town.

Phantoms Review: I thoroughly enjoy this movie. While it's definitely a "B" movie with a preposterous plot ( a vampire western! ) it's quite well made and handles it's respective genre's with dignity. The script is well written, the acting fine and the cast is made up of several well known western character actors. Beautiful black and white cinematography and some truly spooky music make this a mostly overlooked little gem.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Nevada Smith-good movie, but I felt McQueen was far too old for the part. Seemed like everyone thought his character was 17-18 years old instead of mid 30s. Aside from that, it was almost a Duke movie-friends and references everywhere-"El Dorado" County on a sign, John Doucetter as a character named McCandles, Suzanne Pleshette as "Pilar", etc. Also, besides Doucette, it had Jerry Gatlin and Chuck Hayward each doing a record number of different characters in the film), John Litel, Paul Fix, and even Chuck Roberson joining the fun at the end.