What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,441,252 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The Horse Soldiers 1959, With John Wayne, William Holden, Constance Towers & Judson Pratt, A Union Cavalry outfit is sent behind confederate lines in strength to destroy a rail/supply center. Along with them is sent a doctor who causes instant antipathy between him and the commander. A great movie.

• "Reprisal" 1956 on youtube.
    Guy Madison,Felicia Farr, Kathryn Grant also edward platt.
    I enjoyed the move. I have alway liked Guy Madison as an actor.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• "Walk the Proud Land", Western, 1956 A good movie,Audie Murphy, Anne Bancroft, Pat Crowley. Audie plays
    and Indian agent doing good. Anne plays an Indian, Pat is Audie's wife.
    Based on a true story. Audie's character in real life moved to Tombstone and became a good friend of
    Wyatt Earp's.
    "Fury at Furnace Creek 1948", Western I liked the movie. Victor Mature, Coleen Grey,

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• 'Rider Of The Skull' (1965)

Plot:
    A masked rider and two companions travel thru old Mexico fighting supernatural creatures such as a werewolf, A vampire and a headless Horseman.

Phantom's Review: Definitely falling into the catagory of 'Weird Western' this is one of the most hysterically bad movies I have ever seen. God awful FX, terrible acting, a toatally inept hero, and i awear the masked hero must have changed actors in the second part of the film, because he looks taller and thinner. Wonderfully bad Mexican made film. Perfect for a Bad Movie Night.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• 'Bone Tomahawk' (2015)
    -Kurt Russell

Plot: Rotten Tomatoes

In the Old West, a sheriff (Kurt Russell), his deputy (Richard Jenkins), a gunslinger (Matthew Fox),and a cowboy (Patrick Wilson) embark on a mission to rescue three people from a savage group of cave dwellers.

Phantom's Review: This is a wonderful movie, but it's definitely NOT for everyone. This is a slow burn, dialogue driven character piece. The action is all but non existent, and the horror aspects only happen towards the end. Instead you get a superbly acted movie with some of the best written dialogue that I have ever heard. In fact , there's barely even music. Kurt Russell is excellent as always, but to honest the whole cast is great.. If you want an action packed, blood soaked western , then look somewhere else. If you want to enjoy some great acting, then try to catch 'Bone Tomahawk'

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town