What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,427,557 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• 'The Magnificent Seven' (2016)
    Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt

Plot: IMDB
    With the town of Rose Creek under the deadly control of industrialist Bartholomew Bogue, the desperate townspeople employ protection from seven outlaws, bounty hunters, gamblers and hired guns. As they prepare the town for the violent showdown that they know is coming, these seven mercenaries find themselves fighting for more than money.

Phantom's Review:
    First let me say, I love the 1960 film staring Yul Brynner and Steve McQueen. It's one of my favorites. Now, having said that let me say..I LOVE THE NEW MOVIE! This is the most entertaining movie I have seen all year. Plenty of action, great acting and a good story and the nice thing is, while the bones of the story are the same as the 1960 film, it's mostly an original film. The actors all play different characters and the setting and villain are different. It's almost more of a companion piece to the 1960 film than a remake. If your a western fan , GO SEE THIS, you will love it. (and yes the classic M7 Theme music is heard over the ending credits).

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• The Magnificient Seven

I liked it. I think it must have had the highest body count ever for a PG-13 movie. Loved the theme music at the end.

When did Vincent D'Onofrio become a fat old man?

• To celebrate Kirk Douglas' 100th Birthday, I watched "The War Wagon!"

This was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid; I still love it! Just a fun movie with action and humor! Haven't watched it in a long time and enjoyed it all over again!

• To celebrate Kirk Douglas's 100th Birthday, I watched "The War Wagon!"

This was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid; I still love it! Just a fun movie with action and humor! Haven't watched it in a long time and enjoyed it all over again!

I did the same, after it took me an hour to find the DVD. :shades_smile:

• The picture quality is fantastic.

Yep. That is why I'm converting to all Blu-ray for my John Wayne collection. I can't wait to hear what you say when you get 'She wore a yellow ribbon'. Even 'Horse Soldiers' is stellar. The remastered work on these is top notch. It's like seeing a new movie. So glad to hear your experience was a good one.

• I can never get enough of the Searchers. Hank Worden has some of the funniest lines in that film which really help counter balance the dark tone of the story. It's one of the great classics of all time.