His Private Secretary (1933)

There are 26 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 25,336 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Mike,

as you probably know it was this one:-

Lucy Meets John Wayne

Season 5- Episode Number 119
    Original air date:- November 21st. 1966

Filmed during the making of The War Wagon

I have this episode, it is very funny,
    Duke is featured almost throughout.

It is well worth having

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Im starting to watch some of the old ones, My kids gave me a tin can full of these old ones for Christmas. Mostly westerns, but this one was iin it. Have to admit, it wasn't bad! Not often you'll see the wealthy playboy type changing a tire at a gas station!

• I like that car in the picture! Does anybody have a clue what kind of car that might have been? Looks like a Packard to me!

• I love how the Duke's character changes so radically in this movie. At the beginning of the film he's a wealthy, dissolute playboy that kind of drives you crazy. But then he gets married and determines to settle down. He has a couple rough spots, but he eventually gets his act together and proves the sincerity of his commitment to his wife.

I love that one line in the movie. It's so sweet anyway, but the way the Duke says it is just so poignant.

"I'm not gonna have my wife insulted."