Rooster Cogburn (1975)

There are 109 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 119,275 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Did anyone get a chance to read the paperback on the film? I remember thumbing thru it years ago and there were some pics from the end with Rooster fishing the leader of the bad guys out of the water after the explosions. The scene is not in the finished film and I was wondering if the book explained the action that was missing in the film.

• i ve just watched this film again - one of my all time favourites, absolutely stunning scenery and fantastic story = brilliant:thumbs_up:

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• In my opinion this Rooster Cogburn is one of his weakest movies, for me it has little replay value. This could have been a great movie but instead thanks to infusion of unnecessary "New Blood" who either had no knowledge, or had no respect for Duke's career.

And this shows in the way the film plays out, the cinematography is pathetic and lacks the majestic beauty of Duke's earlier works. The score is horrible. And with few exceptions the supporting cast is uniformly bad. The script is a knock off of The African Queen but the finishehed film lacks the love care that was put into that particular film.

• This is one of the Duke movies I watch the most....I don't know if I can call it one of my favorites, but, to me, It just has that "watchability!" (Is that a word? It is now). Anyway, a fun movie, with my favorite Duke character ("True Grit" is still my favorite), and John Wayne at his comedic best. I'll take this one over "The African Queen" any day.

• How could anyone not like a story with those two giants in it? I bet they could do a story on fertilizer and it would be facinating! a very good movie!