Rooster Cogburn (1975)

There are 109 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 119,358 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• One of my favorite Duke movies, Gareth. As you probably know, he and Katherine planned to do another one called "Someday", as she mentioned that word in their relationship in the film. One of my favorite dialogues is still the ending of that movie: [last lines]
    Eula Goodnight:" Reuben, I have to say it. Livin' with you has been an adventure any woman would relish for the rest o' time. I look at cha, with your burned out face and your big belly and your bear-like paws and your shining eye, and I have to say you're a credit to the whole male sex, and I'm proud to have ya for my friend. " She whips her horse around and rides off to meet the Indian Boy.

Rooster Cogburn:" I'll be damned if she didn't get the last word in again. Well..."

It is strange that I find myself ending off a story or an email like that............sort of says it all. Well...................... KEITH

I think Rooster is really underatted, fun movie don't see the problem so many critics and non Duke fans seem to have with it. Wouldn't have minded another Cogburn movie even if Duke was getting older.

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Just watched this one again (as a double feature with "True Grit"). This is one of my favorites as well. As a guy a guy that's dabbled in comedy, the biggest thing about this movie I notice is Duke and Kate's comic timing. I know what lines are coming up, but they still make me laugh. It's all in the delivery!

• So very true Maverick. It is a real shame they didn't get to do that last movie. Didn't matter that they were old..........as you said, timing and delivery is everything! KEITH

Just watched this one again (as a double feature with "True Grit"). This is one of my favorites as well. As a guy a guy that's dabbled in comedy, the biggest thing about this movie I notice is Duke and Kate's comic timing. I know what lines are coming up, but they still make me laugh. It's all in the delivery!

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• One of my all time favorite John Wayne films. And the interesting irony to that distinction is I didn't know of it's existence for a very long time. I never knew they did a sequel to True Grit. I thought this film did a wonderful character study on Wayne's most iconic hero. When i watch this movie I feel like I'm traveling with the man himself with a few private moments. It's charm is undeniable. What is tragic is they never released a soundtrack to this movie! I have an excerpt from the only CD I am aware of which is entitled, "The Best of the Wild West" by Edel Records. I had to get my copy from Poland!

• Watched this again last night. I honestly don't know why it's not loved more. John Wayne certainly has some great lines in it and the cast overall is pretty iconic and do a good job. Plus I love the soundtrack.