Stagecoach (1939)

There are 184 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 248,394 times. The latest Post () was by Nathan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• If it wasnt for the Duke's print Stagecoach could have been lost or have been at best a very poor standard print. Everytime, you run Stagecoach just think this came from the print in John Wayne's garage.

• If I had a top 10 list of John Wayne Movies....Stagecoach usually (should say always) in the top 3 all the time.
    I have it in 4 different venues.
    First I bought it way before Video came out as a SUPER 8 Full length on 5 reels way back in the mid 70s,,,cost me about 180.00 (thats right 180.00) They also sold the Searchers but that was $360.00 because it was in color.

I then got in on Video Disc (selectvision ,,the hard cover slide in ones), then VHS
    and now DVD.... I never get bored with that movie.....Every so often I put the big screen up and show it. This year I plan on showing it outside ,,something different...

1. Select Video Disc

• you have that right it is one of his best,
    i have a picture that was sent to as ringo kid it is black and white
    but still a great picture of him
    me when i join the john life time
    fan member
    they other night which i wish they would put his on in the early evening but brannigan and i stayed awake to watch it.
    and one day i was at k-mart and seen north to alsaka on dvd but thought i already had it
    so i did not get it and when i got home and checked is seen i did not have it. went back to get it as there where no more of them.

• Is there a secret as to where you find all these great pictures? I have several outlets through my store for a small assortment but they are limited. I also hunt for them through other dealers, gun and western shows but have never found or even seen some of the ones you post. What is your secret? Thank you for sharing them with us. Big Jim

• Found Stagecoach for $5- 00 Au yesterday,
    so of course had to bye it,,
    so of course had to watch it,
    so of course really hope they never try and do a remake of it.

I remember thinking while i was watching it, Ford really knows how to make a movie, and also loved how he keeps the Piano player going in the bar during all the drama towards the end.

Recorded Randolph Scott in Coroner Creek last week, last 10 mins missing
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• OH Keith, they just couldnt resist it hey, yuk.............. !!
    Ford would rooooooooooooolll in his grave lolololo

And no, i will never be tempted to watch it.

Last night i watched some really great interviews of early " Parkinson" ( UK ) interviews with John Wayne & Jimmy Stewart, also saw a Dean Martin interview with J wayne, both on Q/Horses on DM's talk show, must have been early 70's i guess.

Heaps of J W on you -tube
    OMG- I saw a Jimmy Stewart interview as well in ...... Carson USA, all off youtube i think they were.

• SORRY GUYS, TWICE. 1986, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson and Johnnie Cash. When you see a remake, you have to considder it a complement to the actors and the director. True, there is no comparison but the last two were entertaining. Also I think I saw the 1966 with Ann Margaret first. In those days we didn't have a way to see older movies other than TV. Now we own them.

Edited once, last by Big Jim: add thought ().

• i like john wayne as ringo kid, that is good but it was diferent of curse i like johnny csh and all of them. and the one made before john wayne made it.
    but there have been some others done with different one is them like th almo and i will not watch that one again. and angle and the badman remake, i just wish they would stop remking the john wyne movies no one can top john wayne as a start.
    and one i thought he should of gotten a award for was greem barates, i my have spilled that wrong sorry if i did not a good at spilling.
    lindaj48