How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 908,892 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Finally cooled down after two days of unbearable 93-degree heat. No one has air conditioning in Seattle. They had to set up "cooling stations."

Factoid: Washington is the only state in which temperatures were "below average" this year.

• First post out of 100 on the weather. Figured I would just HAVE to make one, LOL.

Hot with short thundershowers in the late afternoons....just enough to have to mow the grass at LEAST once a week.

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• "After last weekend's five inch rain, the weather has returned to HOT, but not back to the one hundreds we had before the refreshing storms. I am anxiously waiting for autumn (which doesn't occure here in Texas until mid-October!)

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• We've had a below seasonal weather for August weather this week. Cool mornings in the mid 60's and Highs around a 90, but most of all low humidy. This weekend is also a good one, but it is next week that we are in for a battle according to the forecasters.

It seems that Isaac is coming out way from the Atlantic. Right now it is tropical storm leaving Haiti and heading for Cuba. Once it gets across Cuba, it will be into the Gulf of Mexico and looks to be heading our way.

The storm is expecting to hit the Alabama coast by next Wednesday as a Hurricane 1 storm. Right now they expect it to hit right between Mobile and Pensacola. The distance between the two cities is 60 miles apart. If it hits there, then we will be getting the brunt of the storms as well.

So, keeping my fingers crossed that we escape it. I want it to rain but not those winds. With the drought we had this year, we will see many trees and flooding do a lot of damage as well as the winds. Not wanting that to happen. Will stay in touch.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Edited once, last by Hondo Duke Lane ().

• "After last weekend's five inch rain, the weather has returned to HOT, but not back to the one hundreds we had before the refreshing storms. I am anxiously waiting for autumn (which doesn't occure here in Texas until mid-October!)

Hi Jay, glad you got some rain--we got none but had a lot around the area. Today-- 105 "F"

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I'm a baseball fan. I follow my home town team, The Baltimore Orioles. They have had losing seasons for 14 straight years. This year is different, they are 12 games over 500, in the hunt for a playoff spot. So, I love to watch as many games as I can. I live 1 hour away from the stadium and it is beautiful outside my house. I turn on the TV to watch the game....it's raining there!!!!! We've had a rather dry summer so rain is good. BUT NOT TODAY!!!! I wanna watch the Orioles! lol

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "