The Wings Of Eagles (1957)

There are 135 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 188,618 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I really like the movie "The Wings Of Eagles"!
    It reminds me, when I am down or going through something hard, that I can get through it. I feel like that is the way John Wayne was in real life, he faced everything head on, and that is the way I try to live my life! I am a great admirer of his honest courage and strength, and I think that is part of the reason why so many people still love him today!
    Stacy N

• Same here... this may sound lame but I felt the same thing when I had my first heart attack at 34. I thought of what he went through and still made over 20 movies.

• HI MY FATHER RECENTLY GAVE ME A 8mm COLOR FILM HE TOOK WHILE IN THE NAVY IN THE MID 50's.HE WAS ON THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER WHEN JW MADE THE WING'S OF EAGLES.IT IS THE DUKE POSING FOR PICTURES AND SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS FOR THE SAILORS.THERE IS EVEN A FEW SECONDS OF JW SITTING IN THE CHAIR THAT HE GETS TRANSPORTED IN AT THE END OF THE FILM.MY FATHER SHOT THIS AND SENT IT HOME TO HIS FAMILY AND HAD NEVER SEEN IT SINCE.BEFORE THIS HE HAD GIVEN ME A PHOTO OF THE DUKE ON THE DECK OF THE SHIP IN HIS MOVIE ATTIRE,AND I EVEN THINK JOHN FORD IS IN THE BACK GROUND.THE FILM IS IN GREAT SHAPE IT IS ABOUT 5min LONG,THE ONLY BAD THING WAS MY DAD WAS NOT IN THE FILM,HE NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT GIVING SOMEONE THE CAMERA.I AM CURRENTLY HAVING SOME OF FRAMES BEING MADE INTO NEGATIVES BY MY LOCAL PHOTO SHOP,THEY SAID THEY CAN TAKE PHOTOS OF EACH OF THE FRAMES I HAD PICKED OUT.I WILL THEN HAVE IT TRANSFERRED TO DVD.I THINK IT MAY HAVE SOME VALUE,PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.THANK YOU,

• Wings of Eagles,

Sorry I missed your post last week! WELCOME to the Original John Wayne Message Board!

Regarding your film . . . it wouldn't surprise me if it has some value, though I confess I'm not qualified to give you an accurate answer. Like you say, it's too bad your dad isn't in the clip - that would have been real neat!

I hope when you get some photos, you might be able to share with us!

Chester :newyear:

• Thank's for replying chester, i just got the film back from being transfeered to dvd, i am making some copies of it and i will send one to the j.w. Museum.i can get some negatives made of the stills if you are interested,they turned out pretty nice for being 50 yr old film.if anyone else would like copies i would be glad to make some.
    See ya,
    tkohler

• As I,am going to rehab. for my torn hamstring I repeat a line from this film.
    I only substitute the word toe for leg as in (I.am going to move that leg)
    Thanks Duke for your inspiration.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• :wink_smile:

Lasbugas, où trouvez-vous ces merveilleuses photos? Merci de nous les faire partager !!! Elles sont TERRIBLES !!!

This is the true story of an old friend of John Ford. The film is not a vintage Ford, it is correct. Maureen did not find the ancient magic "Ford-Wayne-O'Hara," although this film has given Duke and Maureen wonderful dramatic scenes ...

I really appreciate this film. Many actions, dramas ... Maureen's role is placed in the background and it's a great pity!

A small clip

and the Original trailer

Tell me if you have problems to read

Unconditional's Maureen O'Hara !
    French-English translation: poor !!!
    :blush:

Edited 4 times, last by Romy ().

• :wink_smile:

After the beautiful pictures of lasbugas, ...

....................... The pictures from the film .....................

Unconditional's Maureen O'Hara !
    French-English translation: poor !!!
    :blush: