Flying Tigers (1942)

There are 77 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 72,471 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I saw it when I was a kid and was not very much impressed. Big difference when you grow up. I really enjoyed it. Have seen it 3 times now, LOL.

KPKEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Was trying to find a common image from the movie to see if there was one on the net that was like mine but--nope. Anyway, description coming. It showe Duke and his Chinese Crew Chief next to his "Tiger" and the chief is pointing out the Jap bulletholes in Dukes Fusilage. Cant find the image so this one will do:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Artwork and details for Olive Film's release of Flying Tigers on May 13.

Flying Tigers (1942)

Actor: John Wayne, John Carroll, Anna Lee, Paul Kelly, Gordon Jones, Mae Clarke, Addison Richards,Edmund MacDonald, Bill Shirley, Tom Neal, Malcolm 'Bud' McTaggart
    Director: David Miller
    Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama, Military/War, Romance
    Year:1942
    Studio: Olive Films
    Length: 101 minutes
    Released: May 13, 2014
    Rating: NR
    Format: DVD
    Misc: NTSC, Full Screen, Black & White
    Language: English (Original Language)

SYNOPSIS:

Prior to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, a small and daring band of American mercenaries soared into battle against Japan in defense of China's freedom. The 'Flying Tigers' were heroic adventurers and America's hottest ace pilots. Possessing unmatched skill and bravery, Capt. Jim Gordon (John Wayne), was the Tigers' leader and top gun.

Gordon faces a battle on and off the ground when his good friend and ace pilot, Woody Jason (John Carroll) is suspected of recklessly and selfishly endangering the lives of his fellow pilots. Gordon's fight to retain his respect for Woody while maintaining the solidarity of his pilots is an explosive battle of courage and heroism that lights up the sky with action.

Directed by the great and underrated David Miller (Sudden Fear) with a rousing score by Victor Young (The Quiet Man). Nominated for three Academy Awards in 1942.

• Artwork and details for Olive Film's release of Flying Tigers on May 13.

Flying Tigers (1942)

Actor: John Wayne, John Carroll, Anna Lee, Paul Kelly, Gordon Jones, Mae Clarke, Addison Richards,Edmund MacDonald, Bill Shirley, Tom Neal, Malcolm 'Bud' McTaggart
    Director: David Miller
    Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama, Military/War, Romance
    Year:1942
    Studio: Olive Films
    Length: 101 minutes
    Released: May 13, 2014
    Rating: NR
    Format: DVD
    Misc: NTSC, Full Screen, Black & White
    Language: English (Original Language)

SYNOPSIS:

Prior to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, a small and daring band of American mercenaries soared into battle against Japan in defense of China's freedom. The 'Flying Tigers' were heroic adventurers and America's hottest ace pilots. Possessing unmatched skill and bravery, Capt. Jim Gordon (John Wayne), was the Tigers' leader and top gun.

Gordon faces a battle on and off the ground when his good friend and ace pilot, Woody Jason (John Carroll) is suspected of recklessly and selfishly endangering the lives of his fellow pilots. Gordon's fight to retain his respect for Woody while maintaining the solidarity of his pilots is an explosive battle of courage and heroism that lights up the sky with action.

Directed by the great and underrated David Miller (Sudden Fear) with a rousing score by Victor Young (The Quiet Man). Nominated for three Academy Awards in 1942.