Connect The Stars

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 61 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Duke's Duchess.

• Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Jan 31 2006, 02:18 PM
      Connect:

[b]Reese Witherspoon
      - Walk the Line to The Wings of Eagles - John Wayne
      [snapback]26297[/snapback]
      [/b]

OK, I'll go for it -

Reese Witherspoon (as June Carter) – Walk the Line – Joaquin Phoenix (as Johnny Cash)

Joaquin Phoenix (as Jack Morrison) – Ladder 49 – John Travolta (as Capt. Mike Kennedy)

John Travolta (as Sean Archer/Castor Troy) – Face Off – Harve Presnell (Victor Lazarro)

Harve Presnell (as Johnny Brown) – The Unsinkable Molly Brown – Debby Reynolds (as Molly Brown)

Debby Reynolds (as Tammy Tyree) – Tammy and the Bachelor – Sydney Blackmer (as Professor Brent)

Sydney Blackmer (as Herr Seseman) – Heidi – Shirley Temple (as Heidi)

Shirley Temple (Rebecca) – Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm – Randolph Scott (as Tony Kent)

Randolph Scott (as Ben Stride) – Seven Men from Now – Lee Marvin (Bill Masters)

Lee Marvin (as Liberty Valence) – The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence – James Stewart (Ransom Stoddard)

James Stewart (as George Bailey) - It’s a Wonderful Life - Ward Bond (as Bert the cop)

Ward Bond (as John Dodge) - Wings of Eagles – John Wayne (as Frank “Spig” Wead)

I must say that I consulted IMDb, but I didn't include any movies or actors/actresses that I haven't seen or didn't know :rolleyes: .

Mrs. C :angel1:
    • Connect:

1. Robert Hayes - Airplane to The High & The Mighty - John Wayne

2. Nicole Kidman - Cold Mountain to The Horse Soldiers - John Wayne

3. Liam Neeson - Schindler's List to Reunion in France - John Wayne

4. Billy Bob Thornton - The Alamo (2004) to The Alamo (1960) - John Wayne

5. Mel Gibson - Pocahontas to Alleghany Uprising - John Wayne

6. Robert Redford - Jeremiah Johnson to The Searchers - John Wayne

7. Hillary Swank - Million Dollar Baby to The Quiet Man - John Wayne

8. Paul Newman - Hustler to Trouble Along the Way - John Wayne

9. Maggie Smith (Academy Award Winner for best actress 1969) - The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie to True Grit - John Wayne (Academy Award Winner for best actor 1969)

10. William Hurt - Kiss of the Spider Woman to McQ - John Wayne

B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote
    • Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Feb 3 2006, 04:00 PM
      Connect:

1. Robert Hayes - [b]Airplane
      to The High & The Mighty - John Wayne
      [snapback]26436[/snapback]
      [/b]

This is an easy, short one -

Robert Hayes (as Ted Striker) - Airplane - Robert Stack (as Kramer)

Robert Stack (as John Sullivan) - The High and the Mighty - John Wayne (as Dan Roman)

Pretty short connection for movies that are 26 years apart.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• I didn't realize that this trival was that hard. I know Viper gets them but it seems that no one (except Chester and the Mrs.) can do these. I'll try myself in couple of days if no one is going to do this.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote
    • Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Feb 26 2006, 05:08 PM
      I didn't realize that this trival was that hard.  I know Viper gets them but it seems that no one (except Chester and the Mrs.) can do these.  I'll try myself in couple of days if no one is going to do this.

Cheers  B)
      [snapback]28004[/snapback]

Ahem...I believe I did one also! :P

Here are a few more....

Robert Redford (Jeremiah Johnson) to Ethan Edwards (The Searchers)

Robert Redford (Jeremiah) with Will Geer (Bear Claws Chris Lapp) in Jeremiah Johnson

Will Geer ((Pop Chaney) with Harry Carey Jr. (Cort Hayjack) in Bandolero

Harry Carey Jr. (Brad) with John Wayne (Ethan Edwards) in The Searchers

and....

Nicole Kidman in Cold Mountain to John Wayne in The Horse Soldiers

Nicole Kidman (Ada Monroe) with Donald Sutherland (Reverend Monroe) in Cold Mountain

Donald Sutherland (Pinkley) with Charles Bronson (Wladislaw) in The Dirty Dozen

Charles Bronson (Lt. Velinski) with Steve McQueen ( Hilts) in The Great Escape

Steve McQueen (Chief Michael O'Hallorhan) with William Holden (James Duncan) in The Towering Inferno

William Holden (Major Kendall) with John Wayne (Colonel Marlowe) in The Horse Soldiers

As I said before, this is fun but does take a little searching to put together. Maybe that is why others don't try. Give 'er a shot, folks...ya just might enjoy yourself :D

Mark
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "
    • Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Feb 3 2006, 04:00 PM
      Connect:
      5. Mel Gibson - [b]Pocahontas
      to Alleghany Uprising - John Wayne
      [snapback]26436[/snapback]
      [/b]

Mel Gibson (voice of John Smith) - Pocahantas - David Ogden Stiers (voice of Gov. Ratcliffe)

David Ogden Stiers (voice of Cogsworth) - Beauty and the Beast - Angela Lansbury (voice of Mrs. Potts)

Angela Lansbury (as Edwina Brown) - National Velvet - Donald Crisp (as Mr. Herbert Brown)

Donald Crisp (as Alec Waggoman) - The Man from Laramie - James Stewart (as Will Lockhart)

James Stewart (as Ransom Stoddard) - The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance - John Qualen (as Peter Ericson)

John Qualen (as Jose Lacota) - The High and the Mighty - Claire Trevor (as May Holst)

Claire Trevor (as Janie McDougall) - Allegheny Uprising - John Wayne (as James Smith)

I have to admit that I utilize IMDb for character names, but I have seen all the movies I listed, except Allegheny Uprising. I find these fun, if I am familiar with the movies and actors, but I can understand it not being fun for some. Some of mine are longer because I want to make connections of actors/actresses and films with which I am familiar. Sometimes I make them long because it is fun :rolleyes: . The other thing I personally choose not to do is to include TV episodes, if I can help it.

Mrs. C :angel1: (with Chester stacking ZZZZZZZZs in the background - he doesn't find these as fun as I do :D )
    • Originally posted by dukefan1@Feb 27 2006, 01:05 AM
      Ahem...I believe I did one also!  :P
      ............As I said before, this is fun but does take a little searching to put together. Maybe that is why others don't try. Give 'er a shot, folks...ya just might enjoy yourself  :D

Mark
      [snapback]28016[/snapback]

Sorry about that Mark :huh: I missed you.

Good job Mark and Mrs.

Let's see! <_<

Hillary Swank - Million Dollar Baby to The Quiet Man - John Wayne

Hillary Swank - Million Dollar Baby - Clint Eastwood
      Clint Eastwood - Two Mules for Sister Sara - Shirley MacLaine
      Shirley MacLaine - My Geisha - Edward G. Robinson
      Edward G. Robinson - All My Sons - Burt Lancaster
      Burt Lancaster - The Kentuckian - John McIntire
      John McIntire - The Tin Star - Anthony Perkins
      Anthony Perkins - Psycho - Vera Miles
      Vera Miles - Those Calloways - Brian Keith
      Brian Keith - The Parent Trap - Maureen O'Hara
      Maureen O'Hara - The Quiet Man - John Wayne

- John Wayne quote
    • Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Feb 3 2006, 08:00 PM
      Connect:
      Paul Newman - [b]The Hustler
      to Trouble Along the Way - John Wayne
      [/b]

Paul Newman was in The Hustler with Piper Laurie (who played Sarah).

Piper Laurie played Cathy in Louisa (1950) with Charles Coburn (who played Abel Burnside).

Charles Coburn played Father Burke in Trouble Along the Way with John Wayne.

I love this! I gotta do this more often.
      Colorado Bob
      "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.
    • To bring this back up from the dead, I've discovered that four of these were not answered, so I am bringing them back to life to see if you can Connect the Stars!

1. Liam Neeson - Schindler's List to Reunion in France - John Wayne

3. Billy Bob Thornton - The Alamo (2004) to The Alamo (1960) - John Wayne

3. Maggie Smith (Academy Award Winner for best actress 1969) - The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie to True Grit - John Wayne (Academy Award Winner for best actor 1969)

4. William Hurt - Kiss of the Spider Woman to McQ - John Wayne

Cheers B)

- John Wayne quote
    • Re: Connect The Stars

Hondo Duke Lane wrote:

Connect the Stars!

3. Maggie Smith (Academy Award Winner for best actress 1969) - The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie to True Grit - John Wayne (Academy Award Winner for best actor 1969)

Let's try this again. I didn't get any response so I want to revive it again, and see if you guys can get this.

Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote

This must be hard so I am about to go and solve these movie star connects. I'll give you a few more days.

Connect the Stars!

- John Wayne quote

Hondo Duke Lane wrote:

Connect the Stars!

Liam Neeson (Oskar Schindler) - Shindler's List - Ralph Fiennes (Amon Goeth)
      Ralph Fiennes (voice of Rameses) - Prince of Egypt - Sandra Bullock (voice of Miriam)
      Sandra Bullock (Lucy) - While You Were Sleeping - Jack Warden (Saul)
      Jack Warden (Dr. Ludwig Bessner) - Death on the Nile - George Kennedy (Andrew Pennington)
      George Kennedy (Leo Krause) - Strait-Jacket - Joan Crawford (Lucy Harbin)
      Joan Crawford (Michelle) - Reunion in France - John Wayne (Pat Talbot)

chester7777 wrote:

Liam Neeson (Oskar Schindler) - Shindler's List - Ralph Fiennes (Amon Goeth)
      Ralph Fiennes (voice of Rameses) - Prince of Egypt - Sandra Bullock (voice of Miriam)
      Sandra Bullock (Lucy) - While You Were Sleeping - Jack Warden (Saul)
      Jack Warden (Dr. Ludwig Bessner) - Death on the Nile - George Kennedy (Andrew Pennington)
      George Kennedy (Leo Krause) - Strait-Jacket - Joan Crawford (Lucy Harbin)
      Joan Crawford (Michelle) - Reunion in France - John Wayne (Pat Talbot)

That was an interesting path. I didn't see that. So you did great on that one. Great one, Chester or Mrs?

- John Wayne quote