Connect The Stars

There are 61 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 32,352 times. The latest Post () was by Duke's Duchess.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Not bad. I didn't even see those combinations. See what you can find on the others.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Dennis Quaid . . . . .Vantage Point to Big Jim McLain . . . . . . . . .John Wayne

Dennis Quaid - Vantage Point- William Hurt
    William Hurt - Jane Eyre - Anna Paquin
    Anna Paquin - Finding Forrester - Sean Connery
    Sean Connery - Robin and Marian - Audrey Hepburn
    Audrey Hepburn - Roman Holiday - Eddie Albert
    Eddie Albert - Brenda Starr - Ed Nelson
    Ed Nelson - Airport 1975 - Nancy Olson
    Nancy Olson - Big Jim McLain - John Wayne

I was wondering what connections you saw Hondo?! This time 2 films that I have not seen, own 5 and seen the 6th years and years ago in the cinema.

• Will Smith . . . . . . . Hitch to Trouble Along the Way . . . . . . . . . . John Wayne

Will Smith - Hitch - Adam Arkin
    Adam Arkin - The Fourth Wise Man - Eileen Brennan
    Eileen Brennan - The Last Picture Show - Ben Johnson
    Ben Johnson - She Wore A Yellow Ribbon - Jack Pennick
    Jack Pennick - They Were Expendable - Donna Reed
    Donna Reed - Trouble Along the Way - John Wayne

Sally, I use IMDb, but I only choose actors/actresses and films I have heard of and seen, respectively.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Looking good. I'll have to answer Sally on my next post, but you did great. You all did great. I sometimes have to use imdb to get some of these, but I just pick some movies out to see if you can find them and check them. Most of the time I do have to check through imdb, but I hope you will try without the aid of a data base. One more left.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Susan Suaradon . . Rocky Horror Picture Show to Circus World , John Wayne

Okay Hondo as per request I only used actors that I like and films that I have in my collection or at least have seen. Except The Rocky Horror Picture show. Never seen that one and don't really plan too :glare:

Here goes!
    Susan Sarandon -Rocky Horror Picture Show - Barry Bostwick (I used to have a crush on him in the 80's )
    Barry Bostwick - Once in a lifetime - Duncan Regehr (as Zorro mmmmm...me like him very much :wink_smile: )
    Duncan Regehr - Flying Virus - Rutger Hauer (I've loved Rutger since I was about 9 and he was Floris! :teeth_smile: )
    Rutger Hauer - Salem's Lot - Robert Grubb (aaah Robert was fab in The Flying Doctors love him!!!!! )
    Robert Grubb -Paradise Road - Glenn Close (lovely film, made me cry )
    Glenn Close - The Lion in Winter - Patrick Stewart (well...yes...Patrick :wub: )
    Patrick Stewart - Lady Jane - Richard Johnson
    Richard Johnson - Khartoum - Charlton Heston
    Charlton Heston - Earthquake - Lloyd Nolan
    Lloyd Nolan - Circus World - John Wayne

• heres another - Uma Turman - Pulp Fiction to True Grit - J.W.

Uma Thurman - Pulp Fiction - John Travolta
    John Travolta - Phenomenon - Robert Duvall
    Robert Duvall - True Grit - J.W.

This didn't take me two weeks to figure out, I didn't come here in a while. j.p.harrah thanks for the star connection.

- John Wayne quote

• Here's one:

Christian Bale - The Dark Knight to The Searchers - John Wayne

- John Wayne quote

• Christian Bale - Dark Knight - Heath Ledger
    Heath Ledger - The Patriot - Mel Gibson
    Mel Gibson - Maverick - James Garner
    James Garner - Hour of the Gun - Jason Robards
    Jason Robards - Big Hand for a little Lady - Henry Fonda
    Henry Fonda - Mr. Roberts - Ken Curtis
    Ken Curtis - The searchers - J W

and anotherone

Jodie Foster - Panic Room to Neville Brand - Cahill US Marshall

[CENTER][/CENTER]

• You blew me away on that one j.p. I had no idea that Ken Curtis was in The Searchers. But you got the others right, and I think that was A+ material for getting this one.

- John Wayne quote

• Here goes:

Jodie Foster - Panic Room - Forest Whitaker
    Forest Whitaker - Phenomenon - Robert Duvall
    Robert Duvall - True Grit - John Wayne
    John Wayne - Cahill US Marshal - Neville Brand

- John Wayne quote

• Connect these stars:

Meryl Streep - Mama Mia' ~ Rio Bravo - Ricky Nelson

Jack Black - Kung Fu Panda ~ The Barbarian and the Geisha - John Wayne

- John Wayne quote

• You blew me away on that one j.p. I had no idea that Ken Curtis was in The Searchers.

Hondo, are you serious? I'm sure you really did know that. He was the guy who was courting Laurie, Charlie McCorry (who played the guitar). I feel confident if you were watching it, you would immediately recognize him.

Mrs. C :angel1:

P.S. I'll be back later, to try a connection, when I have a little more time :wink_smile:.

• I remember the character you mention, but I must admit that I didn't realize that was Curtis, but I should have seen this. You know it has been a while since I've seen The Searchers so I need to get up and watch it again. If I knew it I forgot.

- John Wayne quote

• Connect these stars:

Meryl Streep - Mama Mia' ~ Rio Bravo - Ricky Nelson

ok i hope i do this right....

Mama Mia - Meryl Streep was in Out if Africa - Robert Redford was in The Natural - Robert Duvall was in True Grit - John Wayne was in Rio Bravo - Ricky Nelson:hyper:

• Duchess that was a clever connection. I am impressed. Great job and correct.

- John Wayne quote

• Connect these stars:

Jack Black - Kung Fu Panda ~ The Barbarian and the Geisha - John Wayne

Here is the other from an earlier post. Let me add:

Brandon Frasier - The Mummy ~ Legend of the Lost - John Wayne

Kelsey Grammer - Swing Vote ~ Big Jim McLain - James Arness

- John Wayne quote

• Jack Black - Kung Fu Panda ~ Dustin Hoffman
    Dustin Hoffmann - Straw Dogs - Susan George
    Susan George - Venom - Serling Hayden
    Sterling Hayden - Asphalt Jungle - Sam Jaffe
    Sam Jaffe - The Barbarian and the Geisha - John Wayne

try this one

Burt Lancaster - Atlantic City -- Mc Q - Al Lettieri

[CENTER][/CENTER]

• Kelsey Grammer - Swing Vote ~ Big Jim McLain - James Arness

Kelsey Grammer - Swing Vote - Dennis Hopper
    Dennis Hopper - True Grit - John Wayne