Adventure's End (1937)

There are 50 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 83,035 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thanks for this Bob,
    our entry in
    Duke's Missing and Rare Movies
    is this

1937. ADVENTURES END- (Universal) *** LOC

Sorry Keith, see what happens when I don't pay attention!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Adventure's End seems to have disappeared from circulation in 1953 when it was last reissued.

I found it interesting that NBC Universal took down California Straight Ahead from YouTube due to copyright violation. Someone had made available the entire film.

It proves that Universal still retains ownership of the six-film series, and cares enough for a cease and desist order.

This means, however unlikely, anyone releasing Adventure's End on DVD other than Universal would have legal problems.

• It would be great if one of us could just find a way ( fit that certain criteria of doing research) to get into the viewing room at the LOC and see this movie! Then, report back to us if were missing anything good or not! I'm starting to watch some of the old movies, hafta admit, some of them aren't that bad.

• I. American Film Institute lists cast “John Wayne, name before title.” However, AFI note “The plot and credits were obtained from a studio screen continuity.”8

II. No print has been viewed by the American Film Institute.8

III. Print held in Library of Congress.21

With thanks to Elly

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England