Adventure's End (1937)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 50 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• Re: Adventure's End (1937)

Seeing all of these photos sure makes me wish I could see the whole film!
      "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

I keep hoping someone will come across a copy of this film, and make it available.
      "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

These are great stills from one of the Duke's "lost" films that I am glad to see. I have some great news for all of you Duke fans (which is the reason I joined here) concerning Adventures End. I have been in contact with the Library of Congress (which I don't live far from) and have confirmed that they have a complete print of Adventures End! I was told that they do not make copies of the existing print for the public due to the cost that it would take to restore it and do all of the grunt work involved in the process. I was told that if the money was raised or if a studio paid the money to have it restored that it could be and they have done it in the past with other films in their vaults. They are also checking for a print of The Oregon Trail for me at the moment and if I get any more info on that lost gem I will certainly pass it along.

The Duke Is The Man wrote:

These are great stills from one of the Duke's "lost" films that I am glad to see. I have some great news for all of you Duke fans (which is the reason I joined here) concerning Adventures End. I have been in contact with the Library of Congress (which I don't live far from) and have confirmed that they have a complete print of Adventures End! I was told that they do not make copies of the existing print for the public due to the cost that it would take to restore it and do all of the grunt work involved in the process. I was told that if the money was raised or if a studio paid the money to have it restored that it could be and they have done it in the past with other films in their vaults. They are also checking for a print of The Oregon Trail for me at the moment and if I get any more info on that lost gem I will certainly pass it along.

Thanks for that. I am researching the JW rare and lost films - always good to get news of these.

[LEFT][SIZE=1][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [B][B]Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind[/B][/B]

ethanedwards wrote:

It has been suggested this movie is available
      However we believe the movie to be LOST
      and no copy in existence

As mentioned in a previous post some years ago, I talked to a video dealer on the phone who said he knows a collector with a 16mm print of Adventure's End.

One must keep in mind that the film was in theatrical circulation right up to the early 1950s, distributed by Realart Pictures who handled Universal re-issues.

I suspect the film was released to early television, which might explain the existence of the 16mm print -- the format used by television stations for many years.