The Sea Chase (1955)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 89 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• Re: The Sea Chase (1955)

I got this movie yesterday as a birthday gift and I am looking forward to seeing it - for the very first time. How exciting!! I'll let you know what I think once I have watched it. I know how excited you are too... LOL!
      "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

Okay, so I went home last night, made a big ole bowl of popcorn and sat down and watched The Sea Chase. I liked it. It was a little hard trying to imagine that he was actually supposed to be playing a german (as were all the others), but getting past that, I thought the story moved along well and I liked the progression of the romance between him and Lana. I enjoyed seeing Alan Hale, who has always been another actor I like. And, of course, my three dogs just HAD to go outside everytime the action was getting good. LOL! All in all, I enjoyed the film, not my favorite by far, but entertaining and I can NEVER get tired of watching him on screen. I also got Blood Alley for my birthday, so I'll be watching that one next. :thumbs_up:

I loved The Sea Chase. It is one I watch on a semi regular basis. Remember, Ladybug, while Duke played a German, he gave no leanings to the Nazi Party. So, that is only half as bad. lol

Mark
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

From my first post, I thought it was better the way Duke played the part.
      I enjoyed the film, and although it is difficult to accept
      Duke as a German!
      It was more acceptable than say, Ghengis Kahn, or a Swede.
      The difference being, that no one attempted an accent,
      and in good old Americana, it made the part more credible.
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

hehehehe. I am quite sure I will be watching it again myself.

dukefan1 wrote:

I loved The Sea Chase. It is one I watch on a semi regular basis. Remember, Ladybug, while Duke played a German, he gave no leanings to the Nazi Party. So, that is only half as bad. lol

Mark

i enjoyed the sea chase,john wayne was very good in it even if he was a german.lana turner was good to look at but her acting was nothing but pitful.the rest of the cast were good especially tab hunter.an underrated actor.