Rio Grande (1950)

There are 171 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 164,185 times. The latest Post () was by MichaelHarrison.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Got one more John Wayne movie in last night and it was Rio Grande on Blu-ray. I have to tell everyone who collects Wayne's movies, it;s definitely worth it to be converting to this format. The clean up and clarity of these films makes me feel like I'm watching a brand new movie, even when it comes as black and white. The experience is always refreshing and inviting. It also makes you appreciate the art of these films in so many ways, When it comes to stunt men in battle scenes, this has got to be one of the more brutal of those in that profession. I am not remotely surprised some died making this movie. The action is simply breath taking and the story , as always, totally captivating. I still tear up a bit when I see Wayne being dragged away injured as his wife holds his hand. What an incredible moment to come full circle like that. There's very few movies that really profile the instincts of being a man and doing what is necessary even under the most harsh of circumstances like this one does. I think this should be required viewing in today's learning institutions. This society has lost so much of that grit that should always be present. It's simply a brilliant film. I love the instincts of the characters and story all the way through. Even the comedy is incredibly funny. I laugh out loud every time.