The Fighting Kentuckian (1949)

There are 85 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 83,438 times. The latest Post () was by Steve Cullison.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• bit of a mixed one this, for me - vera ralston was too annoying for words and i found her accent really hard to follow. oliver hardy, i thought was fantastic in his role of willie payne and seem to work really well alongside john wayne, and i loved his bugle playing. the film was very watchable overall and built up to a good ending. not my favourite but definitely worth watching

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• they seemed an unlikely match but oliver hardy absolutely made the film for me. i have to admit i have never seen him without stan laurel and didnt know he could act like that but they really seemed to have a genuine liking for each other and he put all the fun into the film:teeth_smile:

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• Oliver Hardy and John Wayne were actually freinds off screen. Stan strongly suggested that Oliver do the picture.:wink_smile:

:film: " When the legend becomes fact print the legend"

• Lasbugas, that last still is great. This is a far better film than I was expecting.
    Nice to see a different era in American history also.
    Especially interesting as it's one of only 2 films Oliver Hardy made without Stan Laurel.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

Edited once, last by Dooley ().