There are 150 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 127,973 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I have the insert and one sheet on the film-always liked the poster.

You should post pictures of them on here! I've limited my poster buying now to half sheets now. I put posters up in rotation at home and the one sheets are just too big for the space I have. I hope you have a few of your posters up!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• I think I have about 9 onesheets on "permanent" display-The 1980 reissue for Magnificent 7 (like it more than the 1960 poster), War Wagon (signed by Burt Kennedy, Rio Lobo, McQ, The Alamo, The Last Command, Where Eagles Dare, Creepshow, and I Was a Teenage Frankenstein.Mainly cuz I enjoy the layout and artwork on all these.

• I think I have about 9 onesheets on "permanent" display-The 1980 reissue for Magnificent 7 (like it more than the 1960 poster), War Wagon (signed by Burt Kennedy, Rio Lobo, McQ, The Alamo, The Last Command, Where Eagles Dare, Creepshow, and I Was a Teenage Frankenstein.Mainly cuz I enjoy the layout and artwork on all these.

Nice poster Spread alamo221!

Glad you have some up on display, as I mentioned I try and swap them over now and again to so they get a bit of an airing!
    Up at the moment I have Thomas Crown Affair McQueen, Thunderball, Capricorn One, Live & Let Die, McQ, Planet of the Apes (Original), Escape from New York. Same as you some are up because I love the artwork. I also buy different languages, Japanese artwork tends to be amazing, Thomas Crown Affair is a perfect example of that.

• Some great stuff there! I stick to US posters for the most part. I used to have most of my collection displayed-but I've sold off pretty much all in the last few years, and kept the few I really like. Lobby cards and half sheets were the easiest to display, but in the end I wanted the one sheets up. They DO take a lot of room but I prefer them.

• Some great stuff there! I stick to US posters for the most part. I used to have most of my collection displayed-but I've sold off pretty much all in the last few years, and kept the few I really like. Lobby cards and half sheets were the easiest to display, but in the end I wanted the one sheets up. They DO take a lot of room but I prefer them.

I know what you mean re thinning out your collection. I'm slowly doing the same. I've pretty much sold all my folded posters now and only go for rolled ones unless that is an impossibility!

So alamo221, I have been thinking of starting a dedicated poster thread on here: obviously very biased towards Duke and Westerns but also if people have other things they want to share they can post here too. Would you contribute as it's a lonely task if no one else joins in?!:wink_smile:

• Just watched this for the first time since I saw it on the big screen in '74. Wasn't too impressed with it then and didn't remember a thing about it besides that car chase on the beach, so I had low expectations this time around. Fortunately, I enjoyed it quite a bit and found it had more action than I recalled (nice car chases). Plus, I could enjoy the dramatic scenes more now and understand the plot better. I find the Duke convincing as an old, world-weary cop approaching retirement age.

One thing that struck me--during the beach chase, the part where McQ's car hits a log and goes up in the air, then comes down on its nose, is almost identical to that wagon stunt in ANGEL AND THE BADMAN (which is repeated two or three times) and some other early Wayne films I can't remember right off. Same stunt, different vehicle!

• McQ was and is one of my favorite John Wayne movies. Use of the Ingram Mac 10 machine gun added some coolness to the 1970s John Wayne cinema. McQ was very akin to John Wayne's other film, 'Brannigan', and they both are two of my favorite out of all Duke's cache of roles on film. Liked the character portrayed by Colleen Dewhurst as the love interest of Lon McQ's as well. Definately one of the Duke's finest action portrayals of all time.

J Duke W :angel1:

Edited once, last by jdukew ().