Big Jim McLain (1952)

There are 75 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 67,638 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Thank you for the great pictures. I copied them all for my collection. They will make a great assortment for background on my PC. I buy these types of pictures, when I can find them, and hang them in my store for all to enjoy. Sometimes they are hard to find. I have about a hundred differant ones from many of Duke's films. Thank you again, you made my day. I will have to pull out my copy of the movie for tonight. Big Jim

• I wonder if anyone's familiar with one of this film's major supporting players - Robert Keys? He was a former U.S. Marine and a football star at Tulane who showed up in a few other Duke films from this period - TROUBLE ALONG THE WAY and ISLAND IN THE SKY. He was also in the Batjac film MAN IN THE VAULT. Keys did other supporting parts and a few minor leads in 50's films and TV shows, then it appeared he stopped acting.

He was an interesting looking character and seemed to have screen presence. I wonder if he and Duke were pals and also why he stopped being in Duke's films. Does anyone know anything more about Bob Keys? Thank you.

• After checking Robert Keys on IMDB, they substantiate his movie and TV history.

Here was one advertizement there for him speaking at Tulane University, New Orleans Louisiana. His Alma Mata, apparently a year before his death in 2004.

Robert Keys speaking at Tulane March 15, 2003 by patmcwbr [SIZE=-1] (Wed Jan 8 2003 12:34:24) [/SIZE] [SIZE=-2]Ignore this User | Report Abuse[/SIZE] On Saturday, March 15, Robert Keys will be speaking at the 50th Annual Tulane Educational Conference on: "A Life in the Movies."
    Robert “O. J.” Keys, a Tulane University 1952 graduate from the school of Arts & Sciences, has acted in over 150 movies and t.v. shows, with Cary Grant, John Wayne, Tony Curtis, Sterling Hayden, Lloyd Bridges, Paul Newman, Randolph Scott, James Garner, Frank Sinatra, James Arness, and Bob Hope. He was the creator and producer, as well as lead for Street of Darkness and is currently producing on location in New Orleans Louisiana a movie based on Mary Lou Widmer’s historical novel of Irish immigrants set in New Orleans, "Night Jasmine." He is also the author of "Secrets of Dying Young at a Very Old Age," which he will be selling and signing at the conference. Known as a youth as O. J. Key, he played football for Jesuits High School in New Orleans, making 1st string All American, then served 3 years in the Pacific during WWII in the Marine Air Corps in the middle of his Tulane football-playing career. Drafted to play professional football with the Detroit Lions, he chose instead the Hollywood route and became Robert Keys!
    The public is invited to the conference on the uptown campus at the University Center, Tulane University, New Orleans Louisiana. (Fee approx $30) Contact Tulane University Office of Alumni Affairs for details, toll free, 1-877-488-5263

• I sent Nancy Olson a couple of photos about six months ago and received them back signed A few weeks ago. She is in her late eighties but still took the time to sign and return my pictures. I have sent out photos to about to about forty surviving cast members of differant films and received twenty two back so far. They take anywhere from three weeks to six months. From Angie Dickenson to Frankie Avalon, Ed Asner to Lee Acker, they have all been very kind, some even writing a nice little note along with the autograph. If any members would like an address of their favorate star, I will be glad to share or research the information for them. There is also a certain way to mail your photos that make it easy for the star to sign and return them, that I will be glad to share. Thanks again Lasbugas. Big Jim

• Has anyone else had any problems playing their DVD of this movie? I have. It stops after an hour or so and can't be seen after that. I've checked the DVD and it has no scratches or anything, so I'm wondering what the heck is wrong. Need to know if I can buy a new one, or if all of them are the same.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Edited 2 times, last by chester7777: moved posts to appropriate thread ().

• Tried my copy again on my new Blu-ray player and while it stopped at the exact same scene, I pushed the forward button and after a while the picture started moving again. When I moved back again to when the picture originally frooze, it moved with no problems whatsoever. It got stuck again about 20 minutes later, but I did the same thing and it worked once again.

Odd, but at least I can watch the movie now!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Edited once, last by chester7777: moved posts to appropriate thread ().

• Tried my copy again on my new Blu-ray player and while it stopped at the exact same scene, I pushed the forward button and after a while the picture started moving again. When I moved back again to when the picture originally frooze, it moved with no problems whatsoever. It got stuck again about 20 minutes later, but I did the same thing and it worked once again.

Odd, but at least I can watch the movie now!

Sometimes you just can't play digital on blueRay. Try you old DVD player.

Edited once, last by chester7777: moved posts to appropriate thread ().