Pinned Patrick Wayne

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 42 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kevin.

• Re: Sons Of The Saddle- Patrick Wayne

Since I am unsure where to put this, I will just slap it here.

Patrick Wayne gets Pa. Jimmy Stewart museum honor

INDIANA, Pa. – Actor Patrick Wayne is being honored later this year by a western Pennsylvania museum dedicated to actor Jimmy Stewart.
      At an Oct. 23 ceremony Wayne will receive one of the museum's Harvey Awards for himself and another for his late father, western movie star John Wayne.
      The James M. Stewart Museum Foundation is based in Stewart's hometown, Indiana, Pa., about 45 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
      Patrick Wayne appeared in the movie "Shenandoah" with Stewart. His father appeared in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" and "The Shootist" with Stewart.
      Past Harvey Award winners include June Allyson, Janet Leigh, Shirley Jones, Ernest Borgnine and Rich Little. The award is named for the 1950 film in which Stewart befriends an invisible rabbit.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100901/ap_en_mo/us_wayne_harvey_award
    • Re: Sons Of The Saddle- Patrick Wayne

Update
      to remind our members that Patrick
      is the Chairman of the Board of the:-
      John Wayne Cancer Institute

At the Odyssey Ball in Los Angeles, the U.S. Postal Service
      showed off the design for its upcoming John Wayne stamp.
      The ball is a fund-raising event for the John Wayne Cancer foundation.

Left to right, Patrick Wayne; Aissa Wayne; Ethan Wayne; USPS CFO Richard Strasser; Marisa Wayne and Melinda Wayne Munoz.

For more photographs:-
      Virtualstamp Club

Left to right, Patrick Wayne; Marisa Wayne ; Ethan Wayne; USPS CFO Richard Strasser;and Aissa Wayne; Melinda Wayne Munoz.

Uncles Patrick, Ethan and Jennifer Wayne.
      Photo from gettyimages

Saint John’s Gala Raises $900,000
      By Lookout Staff

October 19 – A charity ball Saturday honoring Academy Award-winning actor,
      director and writer Warren Beatty and his wife, actress Annette Bening,
      raised $900,000 for Saint John’s Health Center.

More than 500 guests attended the 2006 Caritas Gala at the
      Regent Beverly Wilshire in Beverly Hills, where the Hollywood stars
      received the Caritas Award for their “spirit of charity,
      compassion and commitment to others.”

Pictured with Beatty and Bening (l-r): Carl W. McKinzie, chairman of Saint Johns Health Center Board of Directors; Patrick Wayne, Chairman of the Board, John Wayne Cancer Institute; Rena McKinzie; Jerry B. Epstein, Chairman, Saint Johns Health Center Foundation Board of Trustees; Lou Lazatin, Saint John’s Health Center President and CEO and John Wayne Cancer Institute CEO, and John Lazatin.
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 5 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Re: General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

This is really sad news. Like LadyHawk, I've been expecting this for some time now.

He left a great legacy, and was VERY well liked by those who knew/worked with him (except for Howard Hawks - no big whoop), and he was a consummate professional.

As for the Ford Stock Company, I would personally consider Pat Wayne as a full-fledged member, as he worked with JF since he was about 10 until Ford's death.

I would also consider Maureen O'Hara one as well, considering the number of films she made with JF, even without Duke.

The Tennesseean wrote:

As for the Ford Stock Company, I would personally consider Pat Wayne as a full-fledged member, as he worked with JF since he was about 10 until Ford's death.

I would also consider Maureen O'Hara one as well, considering the number of films she made with JF, even without Duke.

Indeed he was,
      here is our dedicated thread
      John Ford Stock Company
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

BatjacAuburn wrote:

I believe Pat's first appearance in a Ford film was as a kid in Rio Grande, probably 8 0r 9 at the time. I wouldn't consider him part of the stock company.

Yes it was, and he was 11.
      However many believe he was the baby in
      Stagecoach
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 1 time, last by ethanedwards ().

With regard to Pat Wayne playing the baby in Stagecoach...he wasn't born until September of 1939. The filming was completed in mid-late 1938, or at the very earliest, the first couple of months of 1939.

It would've been cool if it WAS him, but it couldn't have been...:(