Angel And The Badman (1947)

There are 130 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 132,187 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• That's a different channel... he said Hallmark Movie Channel which is different from just the Hallmark Channel. I've heard of the Hallmark Movie Channel and I may get it by the end of the year. We just found out that Comcast is buying our cable company, Insight Communications. They are suppose to be much bigger but some people I know that have their Broadband says that Comcast throttles customers Internet speeds if it is used too much. I'm glad I never switched over to cable Internet... I don't like being throttled. I want to get what I pay for.

• The Hallmark Movie Channel is on Dish Network. I think it is one of our newer channels cause right now, they're basically showing the same movies over and over. The Angel and the Badman is scheduled to be shown several times this week. We have the Hallmark Channel, and the Hallmark Movie Channel. Two separate channels.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• There are many different versions of Angel & The Badman out on DVD, and I was wondering if anyone knew what version or studio is the best out there.

This movie is obviously on public domain and no one has control of the distribution of this movie. So, I come here for your advice on an appropriate copy of this movie. It is from Republic Pictures, but many studios have used this movie in multidisc collections. I'd like to have it as an individual, but that may not be possible.

What is your suggestion?

Cheers Hondo :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I really didn't care much for the color version, although I only saw it on TV and not a DVD.

Let me add that I am not at all interested in a color version of this movie. I am the type who likes what the original production.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Let me add that I am not at all interested in a color version of this movie. I am the type who likes what the original production.

I've never been able to warm up to colorized b&w movies. They always look washed out to me. I think that any movie done after 1940 would have been done in color if the producers and directors wanted it that way. Some movies just do not lend themselves to colorization - ie. "Casablanca," JW's "Stagecoach," etc.
    Cheers - Jay

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I've never been able to warm up to colorized b&w movies. They always look washed out to me. I think that any movie done after 1940 would have been done in color if the producers and directors wanted it that way. Some movies just do not lend themselves to colorization - ie. "Casablanca," JW's "Stagecoach," etc.
    Cheers - Jay

Ditto gents. If it was filmed in b&w, it needs to stay that way.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Are there anyone out there that like any distributor who made that movie? Chester suggested that the one with the most extras in it. I don't really know of anybody who makes extras in Angel & The Badman. My collection is in need of this and I'd like to hear anybody who might recommend any.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote

• This film was probably one of the first ones I owned, as it was in the "cheap" bin at the local KMart. But thank goodness for those cheap bins, as that's how I came to appreciate John Wayne, and get more interested in his films. Now it doesn't have to be cheap for me to buy it :wink_smile:!

Anyway, back to sharing movie posters, which is what got me to this thread this morning - the only pic I have is of a 1959 re-issue poster -

Angel and the Badman-1959 reissue poster.jpg

• I must agree with You All I still like the Old Black and White film " Angel and the Badman" just the way it is now.
    :shades_smile:
    The Duke did the Film on a Shoe - String Budget of Way Under $100,000 in Sedona, Arizona in about 1947. How do I know? I was there, and even if I was only 16 years old I can remember how Duke and Yakima Canutt had to Cut Corners on the Film. It would have been Great if They could have done it in Color because of Great Color Landscape in Sedona.
    :wink_smile:
    The First Big Color Western Film that they did in Sedona was a few years later was "Broken Arrow" with Jimmy Stewart, but they ended up Spending $1,000,000.
    They ended up doing over 100 Films in Sedona, Arizona in the Next Few Years.
    :teeth_smile:

Here are some Pictures of Sedona as it is Today.

Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• And still speaking about this film on a different note. I like it also because he plays a character with the same last name I have :teeth_smile: All that aside, its a gem of a movie.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Especially good is that 17 year old kid shown flying out of town on his horse at the end of the movie, right before the big shootout!

"...all of this and General Price that baby sister makes it back to Yell county" --Rooster Cogburn, True Grit.

• Is there anyone here that can help me with an appropriate studio release of this movie? I know there are many studios who have this out, but I am looking for the best release in black and white. Not really interested in the extras at all. When it comes down to it, the movie is the only thing I am interested in and want to know anyone opinion on the best one out. I don't need to know where I get it either. Most of my sources are reliable.

Thanks and Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote

• It is inside the Universal collection of 34 movies. It is devided on parts, which can be bought seperetly. Angel and the badman is in the part John Wayne Out West, which includes Dark Command with documentary Young Duke, Tall in the Saddle, A and the B, The Fighting Kentuckian, War Wagon and Rooster Cogburn. The last 2 films even had subtitels in Russian. Can you imagine? they were released in UK! I think Universal was prepering this two movies to put on Russian Market of DVDs. They already appered here with some good releases of Duke and james Stewart movies.
    Regards,
    Senta:hyper: