Angel And The Badman (1947)

There are 130 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 132,668 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Some time back I put up this Film Clip Story on "Angel and the Badman" that were taken from a Old 16 m.m. Film that I had gotten from Republic Studio back in the late 1950s and was a Good Copy. This was the only way we had to Watch Films at Home before V.H.S. and D.V.D. that we now have.
    :beer:

I did get a Good copy of the Film from "Good Times" a few years back and is Pretty Much like the Old 16 m.m. Film that I got back in the 1950s.
    :teeth_smile:

Below is the Picture Story of "Angel and the Badman."

• Hi Senta

I would reckon this is the Universal title on it's own

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-…d-The-Badman/Product.html

When I am placing an order with play.com again I may order. mind you I am attached to Tony Curtis and his wig segment.

I think the problem is that a lot of the versions out there are public domain and originate from 16mm or video. Also, a lot are Region 0:cry2: LOL

Its a bit like the Mc Lintock DVD. There were loads of versions but the only one worth watching was the official edition which I got on Region 1 but is now available on Region 2

Mike

• Indeed? In Region 2 now? Thanks. I shall look for it. My MacLintock version is pretty bad.
    Regards,
    Senta

• Bill,

Those are great pictures of the movie. I'm glad you have the 35mm. You don't happen to have the negative of this film? That would make the biggest difference. Do you know who owns this movie. I saw that it was a John Wayne Production, so does the estate have this?

Also, do you know why so many distributors have this movie on their label? I'd like to see somebody tackle this problem and get the approved version of this movie.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi
    I have a book "THE UNSUNG HEROES by Niel Summers".
    in this book,page 119, There's an interesting description.

John Wayne rides hard on Banner,one of his favorite horses,for this stampede scene in Angel and the Badman co-starring Gail Russell.
    This shot was taken in Sedona,Arizona which Wayne stated in a Life Magazine article
    was his favorite location.

regards
    H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• There is a Quaker church in vancouver that has a welcome visitors sign and i have thought about attending one meeting. I don't intend to join but wanted to see if the people seemed true to the reputation. I liked the script and the story line.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Very good movie and a shame that I didn't watched it before. Gail Russel as Penelope Worth and John Wayne as Quirt Evans are just a wonderful couple on screen. When you know the background story a bit it's obviously that Gail doesn't just act her love to the Outlaw Evans.John Wayne shows an excellent performance. For me the storyline with the Quaker was really interesting.
    A good scripted Movie with a good mixture of romance, humor and action scenes. :thumbs_up:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• one of the most enjoyable romantic films i have seen - the chemistry between gail russel and john wayne is just brilliant

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• I was checking the status of Patrick Wayne's newest movie "The Legend of Hell's Gate", and looking over the cast list I found another Wayne besides Patrick. of course I went to see if he was related to Duke and it turns out Brendan is Duke's Grandson so I checked out his resume and found out about the remake of "Angel and the Badman".

• Speaking of remakes, have any of you heard about the soon to be released remake of Angel And The Badman? It's in post production now and slated for release sometime this year. It will star Lou Diamond Phillips in the Duke role of Quirt Evans, Luke Perry in the Bruce Cabot role of Laredo and Deborah Unger in the Gail Russell role of Penelope, only her character will be named Temperance. Harry Careys role of the sheriff is not in this one but, Dukes grandson, Brendan will have a role in it.

• IMDb indicates that the film is now completed (last updated 5/16/09).

It is kind of interesting that Brendan Wayne appears in it. IMDb lists Lou Diamond Phillip's character as Quart Evens! I don't know if they misspelled it, or did that on purpose (I can only hope that was a mistake!).

I wonder if young Mr. Wayne ever saw his grandfather's movie (I'm guessing he has, and is aware).

Can anybody tell if this is slated to be in theaters, or on TV?

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Pretty neat article from the Philadelphia Inquirer, Another Wayne defers to Duke, about Brendan Wayne. Among other things, the article gives a little peek into the life of John Wayne as a grandfather, something we rarely hear about.

The movie [remake of Angel and the Badman, with Brendan in the cast] is scheduled to premiere on the Hallmark Channel on Sunday, July 5. Sheer curiosity, along with the fact that Duke's grandson is in the movie, would possibly move me to watch it. This is one time I wish we had cable TV.

Chester :newyear:

• The New
    =======
    "Angel And The Badman"
    It was OK to watch, But it was No John Wayne Film !
    :no:
    They follow the Story Line Pretty Much, but it takes place in a Small Town in the High Mountain Country And the The Quaker family are Store Keepers in Town Not Farmers in the Wide Open Country !!
    :glare:
    In this Film most of it takes place in the Small Town with Very Few Shot Outside of Town like the Original John Wayne Film done in Sedona, Arizona.
    :yeaahh:
    I don't think I care to watch it Again, but I did Copy it just to Keep !!!

Chilibill
    :cowboy: