The Spoilers (1942)

There are 66 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 83,602 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Is Marlene Dietrich one of the women in that era that the Duke supposedly had an affair with? Anybody know?

• The remake with Jeff Chandler in Duke's role and Rory Calhoun in Scott's, is on WC on Oct 28 I think. I haven't seen this in quite awhile and am looking forward to it. It's pretty much a scene for scene remake, but I found it enjoyable. I like Chandler in most films, but thought they should have put Calhoun in that role, and moved Ray Danton up to Scott's old part. The part seems more written for a charming skirt chaser, and "man's man". Not that Chandler doesn't look masculine enough, he just seems a more serious individual, and IMHO the part calls for someone who come s across a bit light-hearted.

Edited once, last by alamo221 ().

• The remake with Jeff Chandler in Duke's role and Rory Calhoun in Scott's, is on WC on Oct 28 I think. I haven't seen this in quite awhile and am looking forward to it. It's pretty much a scene for scene remake, but I found it enjoyable. I like Chandler in most films, but thought they should have put Calhoun in that role, and moved Ray Danton up to Scott's old part. The part seems more written for a charming skirt chaser, and "man's man". Not that Chandler doesn't look masculine enough, he just seems a more serious individual, and IMHO the part calls for someone who come s across a bit light-hearted.

I've never seen this one but neither jeff chandler or Rory Calhoun are in the same league as Duke and Scott. I'd be really interested to see it.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• I've never seen this one but neither jeff chandler or Rory Calhoun are in the same league as Duke and Scott. I'd be really interested to see it.

Very true, but both were under contract to Universal at the time, and this was one of their 50s B westerns. Even the big fight is choreographed the same as the '42 version (even using Ed Parker as one of the stuntmen-he doubled Duke in the previous versions fight).

• Very true, but both were under contract to Universal at the time, and this was one of their 50s B westerns. Even the big fight is choreographed the same as the '42 version (even using Ed Parker as one of the stuntmen-he doubled Duke in the previous versions fight).

Thanks for the info on this. For the very reasons mentioned here and on previous posts I think i should track it down.

• I've been very slack over the last month so being snowbound I thought I'd do some scanning!

Randolph Scott from The Spoilers