Yakima Canutt

There are 39 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 56,844 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Keith, once again you have given me some very interesting reading about the world's best Stuntman. Thank you, you are doing a marvelous job. Best regards--C.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hello Keith

You have finally got me hooked!

I have tried to avoid your pals of the saddle posts because I just knew that once I started, like a good book I would not be able to put it down until it was finished then would want more.

I was RIGHT! What a fantastic series, ever thought of collating into a book! If you do put me down for the first copy. (signed copy of course)

Now off to read some more.

Thank you so much.

Who else like me thinks there are just so many interesting areas surrounding JW? Its great after being a long time fan to be still discovering them.

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• Hello Elly, I completely agree with you on all of this. Im only just beginning my Trek through what Keith and Jim & Sue have put here. Im going to be quite busy reading for quite sometime to come. ;-))

• I agree 100%, everything I have read here has been some great reading. As time permits, im going to go through all of this here.

• John Crawford is not Johnny Crawford. John is an actor, too. He played the Mayor in Clint Eastwood's "The Enforcer." Also, was in Burt Lancaster "Apache" and was one of the Argonauts in "Jason and the Argonauts." He's a good man, good director and a hell of a producer. It was an honor to have been "Yakima and John's" partner. To make "Yak's Best Ride" was something I'll never forget. John & I wrote the song first. It was just like it happen. Meeting "Yakima" at Smokey Joes. I'm glad we got his star on the Walk of Fame...well deserved. Mr. Heston drove over from the set of the Colby's just to be there. Said he would have drove alot further for Yakima. They don't make men like Yakima anymore...he was truely one of a kind. 4 major careers in one lifetime...wow!!!

• I like this photo:-

Here’s a great group of Western film veterans,
    gathered in the mid-1980s for a documentary that never saw the light of day:
    Iron Eyes Cody, Pat Buttram, Harry Carey, Jr., and Yakima Canutt.
    Of the four, only Carey—the best storyteller and historian of them all—is still with us.
    I asked Mr. Canutt if it was true that he could turn over a stagecoach
    and have it land on an exact camera mark and he said yes
    in such an authoritative way that I had no reason to doubt him.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().