Walter Brennan

There are 34 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 42,576 times. The latest Post () was by may2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• It was REALLY a shock to see him as the river pirate in How The West was Won. At that time I only knew him mainly from Rio Bravo & his TV series The Real McCoys.

• Wasn't the name of the recording (or the song, at least) "Old Rivers?"

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Spot on..
    ..and from our Mini-Biography-2, on our opening profile.

He even had a hit record in later years, the spoken/sung "Old Rivers," which led to several albums of similar material.

and Trivia

Had four top 100 singles, including the Top 5 hit "Old Rivers" (Liberty Records) which first charted on April 7, 1962. The single spent 11 weeks on the Billboard charts and peaked at number 5.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 5 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• He was one of a kind! Don't remember him in How the West Was Won, Guess i'll have to pull that out again. He seemed to have a great working repore with the Duke! I wish he made more movies with him! He could have been Ward Bond No.2!!

• He was one of a kind! Don't remember him in How the West Was Won, Guess i'll have to pull that out again. He seemed to have a great working repore with the Duke! I wish he made more movies with him! He could have been Ward Bond No.2!!

he was the boss of the river pirates,in the james stewart segment

• Hi

In the pen picture it stated that he oly appeared once for John Ford and the two didn't get along.

Apparently in My Darling Clementine in one scene Brennan had to mount a horse very quicky a scene that he had difficulty in doing as he struggled to control the horse. Exasperated Ford exploded what sort of western actor can't get on a horse to which Brennan replied the sort that has won three Oscars.

No wonder that he only appeared for Ford once.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Spot on..
    ..and from our Mini-Biography-2, on our opening profile.

and Trivia

One of these days I'm gonna climb that mountain...............

That mule, ole Rivers .....and me............what a great song and they couldn't have chosen a better man to perform it. One of my campfire songs....folks love it. KEITH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE