Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,341,518 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Latest non-Western I watched was "16 Blocks" with Bruce Willis. Since I like Bruce in just about anything, I'll have to say that I enjoyed the movie, though the same plot has been done to death.

One thing I didn't like, though, was the almost unintelligible dialogue of the black guy Mos Def. I had a heckuva time understanding him. I don't like any movie where the dialogue, for whatever reason, is hard to understand.

De gustibus non est disputandum

Originally posted by Stumpy@Jul 31 2006, 04:11 PM
    Latest non-Western I watched was "16 Blocks" with Bruce Willis. Since I like Bruce in just about anything, I'll have to say that I enjoyed the movie, though the same plot has been done to death.

One thing I didn't like, though, was the almost unintelligible dialogue of the black guy Mos Def. I had a heckuva time understanding him. I don't like any movie where the dialogue, for whatever reason, is hard to understand.

[snapback]33301[/snapback]

My wife and I enjoyed this movie as well. And like you we quickly grew tired of the voice of Mos Def's character.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Seen a whole slew of movies lately.

Not necessarily in order but:

Hatari, Fighting 69th, War of the Worlds, Stalag 17, and a few others.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi all

We went and watched the new Superman movie
    last night. made a night of it, went to a very nice
    Chinese restaurant before hand, and can report
    that both the movie and the food were great.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Watched all three installments of Lord of the Rings, watched Firewall with the Mrs. a few days ago, and we've started watching the 4th season of Monk (I know, it's not a movie, but it's a non-western).

I'm recovering well, the doctor says I can drive now (no more pain killers!! :D ).

Just about the time I'm feelin' really good, it'll be time to go under the knife again . . . :mellow: .

Chester :newyear:

Originally posted by CHANCE@Aug 1 2006, 10:30 AM
    last non western was Van Helsing blooming good film*****

[snapback]33309[/snapback]

Hello Graham,

If you liked Van Helsing, then you would probably like the movie Underworld and it's sequel Underworld: Evolution They both have the same woman from Van Helsing, Kate Beckinsale, in them and deal with Werewolves and Vampires. I found them both very good and enjoyed them as much as Van Helsing. Just thought I'd mention it :D

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Trouble Along The Way. Not one of my favorite John Wayne films, but all in all its not bad. I like to watch it every now and then. It's a fairly decent little romantic/comedy/drama film.
    Best to all,
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Thirteen Days about the Cuban missile crisis. I think this is a really well made picture. It really conveys the tension and urgency that surrounded everyone and just how close we came to an all out war. I highly recommend it. :D

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Watched yesterday: The Presidio w/ Sean Connery, Jack Warden and Mark Harmon. Sometime over the weekend will be: "The Professionals" w/ Lee Marvin and Walter "Jack" Palance.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I watched "Inside Man", "The Punisher" and "Fast Times at Ridgemount High". "Fast times" kills me with that Spicolli guy!! I think that's the only Sean Penn movie that I actually like. And he plays a complete stoner!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Aug 8 2006, 05:31 PM
    "Hunt for Red October" - one of the best submarine pictures ever!
    Cheers - Jay :D

[snapback]33450[/snapback]

There is some funny things about Soviet times and I like book much more then movie. Had read a lot of Clancy books recently and enjoy them, but he is not so great expert in Russia as he thinks himself he is.
    Regards,
    Senta