Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,332,047 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello all
    I watched a film that one of our sons rented, called barrio 13. It bears an erie familiarity to another earlier film. Anyone who watches it and wants to pm me is encouraged to do so. I think adults should watch it first and then decide if they are comfortable about offering the option to younger children, but that's only a suggestion not so much a warning. :)

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Hi Vera, im in the process of watching all 12 episodes. Im now on chapter 5. I have seen it before all the way through but, that was about 15 or so years ago. However, being a VERY early John Wayne--it's an interesting serial and there are a lot of twists and turns in the storyline. There is alot of action as well, such as train and car chases etc. I am greatly enjoying watching this serial and it is great escapeism (SP?) for me. :) When you think you know who the Phantom is, something happens and it is proven that who you think he is--really is someone else.

I highly recommend watching this when you get the chance.

Best wishes--C.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hello all
    With Mr Hank Williams in the background ( cd anyways) I am posting to share the love. I watched The sea Hawks starring Mr E Flynn and he rocks. Just ask the Ringo kid. Thinking and speaking of you Ringo-- tell me when are you going to decide to go to monument. There are hounds of grey and birds of steel and the highway is still there and the silver rails go right past. Ringo can you afford not to park your cool cats and get there. Whats it going to be like to have a group without you. Check my posts and you won't find to many of these hard core pitches, but dang it Ringo R you going to let me go there as the 2nd biggest E F fan? What would the Sea Hawk do if he were you? I will drop my wife and Emmanuel and In Harms way and any others that join me and then swing down into Texas and find you. You only have to ask once and it's done . We should make a Texican roundup run and get em all. Ringo I'm just a near 50 year old with a few big dreams left. I have done a lot of things and had more then a few adventures. The Political Party I hope to launch soonish is going to need just about all the back up I can find. I met by chance, a former Cabinet minister yesterday that knows me as a former party worker, who heard me out re the new party and she is well known for frank straight up opinions. Among other things the first thing she said was that I had a good idea. Bottom line here is this, If we don't party now ( 2007) I may not choose to have this kind of time for the balance of the next 17 years. Remember the Alamo and the man who paid for, directed and produced it. Lets do this for there won't ever be a gathering close to this one, in the lifetime of this old hound. In a way that's hard to put in words, we all need you Ringo, you are the heart of this group, you and the others like you. Somedays it seems like I
    may never truly know what the salt of the earth is doing, and I don't presume to know for sure. I have said it B4 and I say it now again, as long as there are some true and honest folk left, so there will be, a hope for a better tomorrow. None of us know how many days or years are left, we have only right now, Carpus Diem ( mis spelled I think ) Seize the Day. Saddle up Ringo we have a party to go to. I will drive you door to Valley and back to door again, if that works for you. You have my word and if i have too I may ask you agin to consider going, but do an old hound a favor and just say " I'm in". This was a quantum leap off topic. Whatever. :headbonk::D:):)

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Hi

The last non western I watched was Lady and Gent last Sunday. I watched it for two reasons, the first simply because although I have had the tape for over a year I hadn't got around to watching it.
    The second reason was because in my next unsung hero or star of the month I plan to write up on the career of George Bancroft. (Any contributions welcome).

The quality of the film was diabolical with it losing sound and picture quality constantly but it was easy enough to follow the story and not a bad picture.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

Originally posted by kilo 6@Sep 20 2006, 12:01 PM
    Hello all
    With Mr Hank Williams in the background ( cd anyways) I am posting to share the love. I watched The sea Hawks starring Mr E Flynn and he rocks. Just ask the Ringo kid. Thinking and speaking of you Ringo-- tell me when are you going to decide to go to monument. There are hounds of grey and birds of steel and the highway is still there and the silver rails go right past. Ringo can you afford not to park your cool cats and get there. Whats it going to be like to have a group without you. Check my posts and you won't find to many of these hard core pitches, but dang it Ringo R you going to let me go there as the 2nd biggest E F fan? What would the Sea Hawk do if he were you? I will drop my wife and Emmanuel and In Harms way and any others that join me and then swing down into Texas and find you. You only have to ask once and it's done . We should make a Texican roundup run and get em all. Ringo I'm just a near 50 year old with a few big dreams left. I have done a lot of things and had more then a few adventures. The Political Party I hope to launch soonish is going to need just about all the back up I can find. I met by chance, a former Cabinet minister yesterday that knows me as a former party worker, who heard me out re the new party and she is well known for frank straight up opinions. Among other things the first thing she said was that I had a good idea. Bottom line here is this, If we don't party now ( 2007) I may not choose to have this kind of time for the balance of the next 17 years. Remember the Alamo and the man who paid for, directed and produced it. Lets do this for there won't ever be a gathering close to this one, in the lifetime of this old hound. In a way that's hard to put in words, we all need you Ringo, you are the heart of this group, you and the others like you. Somedays it seems like I
    may never truly know what the salt of the earth is doing, and I don't presume to know for sure. I have said it B4 and I say it now again, as long as there are some true and honest folk left, so there will be, a hope for a better tomorrow. None of us know how many days or years are left, we have only right now, Carpus Diem ( mis spelled I think ) Seize the Day. Saddle up Ringo we have a party to go to. I will drive you door to Valley and back to door again, if that works for you. You have my word and if i have too I may ask you agin to consider going, but do an old hound a favor and just say " I'm in". This was a quantum leap off topic. Whatever. :headbonk::D:):)

[snapback]34629[/snapback]

Hi Kilo, I wish I could give you an answer on when I can make it to Monument Valley. I have always wanted to go and there is always something that keeps me from being able to think of going. This time it is that I am now awaiting a date to be set for a lung operation I need. I was SUPPOSED to have had the operation before the end of summer but--and get this--my Drs office in San Antionio--lost my paperwork :headbonk: and I have to go through the process of resubmitting everything to insurance. :blink:

It sounds to me like you might be a bigger fan of E.F. than I am. I only have about 6 of his movies but--definately want many more. :-)) I think the Seahawk would lash me to the ships rudder-for not going ;-))

I'd greatly enjoy having the chance to meet you all, and im not too far behind you in years--though I feel like im about 110 these days.

I really do wish I could make plans but--eerythings on hold because of my pending operation. At least one thing is happening about that this week--all my stuff is going to be resubmitted to Humana this week.

Take care Kilo--and if im lucky enough to ever win a lottery--i'll be more than happy to buy you all a plane ticket to my neck of the woods--and a good steak dinner. ;-))

• I have watched The Path to 9/11. What a movie. It bothers me still today that we in the United States are not taking things here seriously with the attacks that could happen. I just hope that the wrong people don't let their guards down or we might have major problems in the world.

What would Duke do? He'd shoot 'em up and tell them to go to Hell. As they lay there. You don't mess around with these United States with Duke around. Whatcha think?

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Ringo,

Sorry to hear about your impending surgery. And that you get the fun of dealing with those dang insurance companies, they sure are fun!! Not!!!

What kind of recovery time are you going to have after the surgery? I think most people are planning a Sept. trip so you would have the better part of a year if your surgery was to take place soon.

Wish you luck in your operation. Talk to you later.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• We watched Hatari! last night. I don't know about you, but I would have some hesitations about standing around in the back of a '53 Chevy pick-up truck, bouncing across the plains of Africa, at 50 MPH, let alone sitting on the front left fender :fear2: !

Where's the seat belt police when you need 'em? :lol: Just kidding!

Chester :newyear:

Originally posted by The Ringo Kid@Sep 20 2006, 02:26 PM
    This time it is that I am now awaiting a date to be set for a lung operation I need. I was SUPPOSED to have had the operation before the end of summer but--and get this--my Drs office in San Antionio--lost my paperwork :headbonk: and I have to go through the process of resubmitting everything to insurance. :blink:

[snapback]34666[/snapback]

Hi Carl - It seems that the administrative staffs of a lot of doctors seem to have IQs barely above moron. The request for refills of prescriptions with our primary doctor always seems to fall through the cracks and it takes several days for anything to finally be OK'd :headbonk: .
    Have you noticed? - the medical profession is virtually the only one where if you get something you don't want or doesn't work, you still have to pay for it :angry: . In any other instance, if you get a product you don't want or if it is defective, you can replace it or get your money back ^^ . Between insurance boggles and rising medical costs, a sick person doesn't stand a chance :dead: .
    Cheers - Jay <_<

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Hi Todd, thanks for the kind words my friend. (WHEW) you hit the nail on the head with that--the insurance company sometimes is very difficult for me to deal with. I do have one on them though, I have 6 Doctors who flat out stated that I need to have that surgery--so I can't be denied too much longer.

I have been told that recovery time w/o any complications could be from 3 to 6 weeks. I am greatly looking forward to having it so I can start the healing process. Right now I am making money only part-time and look forward to a fulltime check hopefully before the end of the year.

Thank you for the nice wishes--I do need them. I have my mind set on the do's and dont's for this operation and just want to get it all started so I can move forward.

Take care my friend and maybe once this is overwith, maybe in a year or so i can make it up in your neck of the woods?

• Hi Carl,

Please accept my best wishes, for this major Op too.
    I do hope everything goes OK, and you're up and running,
    and maybe one day, even make it, to this neck of the woods too,
    although, be it a bit further!!!

You take care my friend,

Best Wishes,

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Sep 21 2006, 02:42 PM
    Hi Carl - It seems that the administrative staffs of a lot of doctors seem to have IQs barely above moron. The request for refills of prescriptions with our primary doctor always seems to fall through the cracks and it takes several days for anything to finally be OK'd :headbonk: .
    Have you noticed? - the medical profession is virtually the only one where if you get something you don't want or doesn't work, you still have to pay for it :angry: . In any other instance, if you get a product you don't want or if it is defective, you can replace it or get your money back ^^ . Between insurance boggles and rising medical costs, a sick person doesn't stand a chance :dead: .
    Cheers - Jay <_<

[snapback]34713[/snapback]

Hi Jay, I completely agree with you on everything. You nailed them to a T, the Drs I have in S.A. :uhuh2: I just don't see how they can stay in business the way they are conducting business. By the way, these Drs are now in partnership with some group out of Dallas. They were at the Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, but recently moved to Babcock street? I think?

You know, it's been my opinion for many years that, if the insurance companies don't want to be sued bu lawsuit minded folks--or to have people always screaming in their ears--that if they (insurance company) would just quit making things so rediculously difficult for most folks; that trouble would end.

Case-in-point: Last year I had authorised 12 visits with a Chiropracter--because I have a Degenerative Bone Disease, and my insurance was to pay all visits in full. Well, the Dr worked on me-visit after visit. On my last visit, he told me that my insurance still had not paid him more than $20.00. Well, by chance, I saw him last week at a store asnd asked if he had yet been paid. To my shock, they still have not paid him in full--and it has now been close to a year since I first went to this Chiropracter. I called up my ins com, and chewerd them out because they had not paid this guy. I don't know if it will ever do any good to do so but; it burned me up that a Dr performed work on me and he had not recieved the insurance payment.

I do completely agree with you Jay. All i can say about some insurance companies is; :uhuh2: :uhuh2:

• Hi Keith, thank you very much Mate! I too would someday love to visit with you all in England. I have a few good friends who live in London (Durham) and in Portsmouth. I'd have to take a month to see you all and get to see some sites as well. :)

Take care my friend, and I too hope all is well for you over there.
    Cheers--Carl.

• By the way, tonight I will be watching: Death Wish II, w/ Charles Buchinsky, aka, Charles Bronson. [B][COLOR=blue] As well, I will be starting to watch "V" the mini-series--probably startiong Sunday.

Anywaone here remember watching that series? :headbonk: This is the one where the so called "friendly aliens" come and want to help out Earth and give great help in medical research etc. The aliens look humanoid, but really are Lizzards.

• Well Carl,
    when you get to London,
    you head right on along that south coast,
    keeping the sea to your left,
    then you get to Portsmouth,
    then you can have a few pints with Arthur.
    When you've sobered up, you carry on
    along the south coast,to Torquay
    then you can have a few more pints with your
    English buddy.

Now there's a thought!!!!!!

Best Wishes

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England