Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,350,107 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• The Drop Kick. I don't watch silent films, but gave this a try just to see if I could spot a young Duke. Not too bad of a film, but I didn't see Duke at all. I knew he was one of the football players, but they never got close up. Makes me realize what an effort Elly is putting forth in finding Duke in the old flicks. The detail just isn't there. You really have to pay attention.

Mark

I went to the thread dedicated to the film and now see where Duke was in the crowd. I must have blinked. lol

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

Edited 2 times, last by dukefan1 ().

• The really big thrill today was, this afternoon, six of us went to a real movie theater and watched the recent release, The Three Stooges .
    For those of you who grew up with the Stooges, like I did, you might be a bit concerned that Hollywood would blow it.

I am here to say it was very well done, and had us laughing most of the way through it. The area that was really well done was the filmmakers ability to first, get all the slapstick just right, even inventing new twists to it. Then, having actors that not only look very much like "Curly, Moe, and Larry," but, their acting was almost as perfect as the "originals". The fact that they were brought into today's time period did not effect the "Boys" in anyway. Many new variations of old routines were very well received by the audience!
    :)))::)))::))): :)))::))):

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• The really big thrill today was, this afternoon, six of us went to a real movie theater and watched the recent release, The Three Stooges .

I saw the docudrama made about not long ago, and really enjoyed it.

Here is our dedicated thread:
    Screen Legends- The Three Stooges

I watched The Deerhunter

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 2 times, last by ethanedwards ().

For those of you who grew up with the Stooges, like I did, you might be a bit concerned that Hollywood would blow it.

I am here to say it was very well done, and had us laughing most of the way through it. The area that was really well done was the filmmakers ability to first, get all the slapstick just right, even inventing new twists to it. Then, having actors that not only look very much like "Curly, Moe, and Larry," but, their acting was almost as perfect as the "originals". The fact that they were brought into today's time period did not effect the "Boys" in anyway. Many new variations of old routines were very well received by the audience!
    :)))::)))::))): :)))::))):

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

I saw one of the trailers for it and I was impressed. This one had to do with the scene whee one of them threw a Lobster. The sounds and action was correct and I was impressed. Since I dont have a car to go see them in the theater-ill have to wait till its released on DvD and I WILL buy sight unseen.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• After a long time friend had suddenly died, we were in a funk that seemed insurmountable. I coerced my wife and another couple to see "The Three Stooges" and we laughed until tears ran. It may have been an emotional reaction to tragedy, but it was just what the doctor ordered.

Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard.

• Captain Kronos-Vampire Hunter (1974)

Plot: IMDB
    Vampire hunter and expert swordsman Kronos finds himself in a small village where several of the local young women have been found in an advanced state of age, their youth drained from them by a vampire's kiss. Kronos' search leads him to the Durward estate where he is met by the effete children of the apparently aged and sick Lady Durward.

Phantom's review: Probably the last great film from the original version of Hammer Films. A very underrated film. Great action, plenty of atmosphere and an different take on the vampire legend. Sadly the proposed series of films never happened. It would have been interesting to see where they took the series.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Hi Keith, thank you and no probs ;-)) I wish we had your expertise at Histomil. ;-))

In fact, I had to re-edit the whole of the 'Stooges' thread,
    due to their web-site changing it's URL!.
    If you do have problems at Histomil, let me know, I am only too happy to help out if I can, that is!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• In fact, I had to re-edit the whole of the 'Stooges' thread,
    due to their web-site changing it's URL!.
    If you do have problems at Histomil, let me know, I am only too happy to help out if I can, that is!

Thank you on all accounts Keith. On Histomil. I HAD two who said they would help but one never showed up and the other one now works as a Chef on an Oil Platform somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico.

The site is owned by Gents named: Kruska and Henk--henk is there but Andy hasnt been around much in a year-not sure why? But the site has issues that I cant describe and wouldnt know how to tell about them but--if you go there? please contact Henk--whose is one of the Admin and his name is in Red. Henk usually replies quickly and I think he lives in Holland or Belgium? Ill send him a PM soon as I get there today and tell him you might come over to offer some help ;-))

Thank you much on this ;-))

Almost forgot-his name on the site--he goes under Heinrich. Henk is his nickname ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Tonight, watched Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol with Tom Cruise. Thought it was pretty good. Alot of neat, though far out things go on in that movie. Watched it with my 10 yr old grandson and he liked it.

• OK Carl,
    I will attempt to follow this up

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England