Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,280,938 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Legend of the Lost on Blu ray.

Fantastic transfer and so vivid in places it almost looks 3D!
    If you like the film I would highly recommend getting it.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• "Skyfall" - the latest James Bond movie and one of the best. The stunts and fights are rousing and inventive with the shootout at the end being more traditional. It has some humorous moments, a memorable villain for a change, and the original James Bond theme is back.
    A little long, but we learn a little of Bond's background and there's an old "toy" that makes an appearance. Good viewing.

We deal in lead, friend.

• "Skyfall" - the latest James Bond movie and one of the best. The stunts and fights are rousing and inventive with the shootout at the end being more traditional. It has some humorous moments, a memorable villain for a change, and the original James Bond theme is back.
    A little long, but we learn a little of Bond's background and there's an old "toy" that makes an appearance. Good viewing.

We deal in lead, friend.

Gorch.
    Thanks for writing my review.
    Fifty years and Bond is as live as ever.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Halls of Montezuma with, Richards, Widmark, Boone, Hylton, Robert Wagner, Walter (Jack) Palance, Bert Freed, Philip Ahn, Reginald Gardner, Robert Wagner, Martin Milner, Skip Homeier, Jack Webb, Neville Brand and Karl Malden:

Widmark with Robert Wagner:

Martin Milner:

Milner (back) with Bert Freed (Slattery)

Milner and Webb carrying Doc (Karl malden)

Reginald Gardner (Interpreter/Sergeant) Widmark and Webb:

Great shot of Widmark (Lt. Carl Anderson)

Great shot of a Japanese Machine gunner:

Great shot of Pvt Slattery (Bert Freed) on a flame-throwing Sherman tank:

Good shot of a blinded Nevill Brand (the Platoon Sergeant:

Richard Boon (Col Gilkillion) left side:

Nice shot of the Interpreter-Sergeant (Reginald Gardner)

Classic shot of Richard Hylton (Conroy) w/ his Garand:

Robert Wagner and Doc (Karl Malden:

Widmark, Webb and Boone:

Palance with dying Homeier:

B.A.R. gunner: Pretty Boy (Skip Homeier:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited 4 times, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Sunday evening viewing Red Dawn 2012 and The Package 2013 two very watchable movies. Later I watched episode 3, 4 of Lewis series one.

“All battles are fought by scared men who'd rather be some place else.”
    John Wayne

• Been delving into some of Duke's non Westerns lately and iv'e been pleasantly surprised.

The Wings of Eagles- Found this a really good story and Duke played it well likely drawing some experience from his own home life, it was a somewhat melancholic but inspiring tale of a man who neglected his family for the navy only to use the use of his legs and his battling back against that. Duke and Maureen were great together aswell but the makeup people who thought putting a streak of silver hair in Maureens hair would make her look old must have been crazy.

Blood Alley- Had heard bad things about this and that Duke wasn't too fond of it, but I certainly enjoyed it. I didn't really know what to make of Lauren Bacall as iv'e always found her voice very off putting but it was a good story of Duke trying to lead people to freedom and it was well told with plenty of twists and such to keep the story interesting.