Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,281,507 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just watched Sitting Pretty with Maureen O'Hara, Robert Young and Clifton Webb. This is an old 1948 comedy movie classic. An A+ movie for all the family.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• The Concord...Airport '79 Dreadful Charo and Jimmie Walker are in this film. I watched it because of of Alain Delon. He French so he could fly the Concord.

For some reason TCM is running 5 Delon films on Thursday, May 9 starting at 5 am (CT).

Roccco and His Brothers
    Purple Noon (The original Talented Mr Ripley)
    Have I the Right to Kill
    The Yellow Rolls Royce
    Once A Thief (with Ann Margaret)

• Ooohh, Jay - thanks for reminding me of Adrian Messenger. I'll have to dig that one out. Love Goldsmith's soundtrack.
    Ran the blu ray of "The Great Escape". Purists are sniping at the release, claiming that too much digital information was crammed onto one disc thereby reducing the picture quality. Maybe so, but it's a huge improvement over my DVD special edition. The pine forest around the compound is no longer just a green blob, you can discern actual branches. You can even see the cracks in Hilts' leather flight jacket.
    Best of all though is the improved sound. Ran this with the subwoofer and the windows rattled.
    For 10 bucks, it's worth it.

We deal in lead, friend.