Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,344,405 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I'm in the process of watching the HBO miniseries "John Adams" (on DVD), supposedly filmed from David McCullough's biography of the 2nd U.S. president. I bought the boxed set from Amazon because it got such rave reviews from other buyers and/or viewers of the series. (I also bought the biography itself but haven't started on it yet.)

It has its' moments but I'd be hesitant to praise it as highly as those other reviewers have been moved to do. As a person who used to be one of the most militantly patriotic Americans around (before VN), and as an avid student of American history, you'd think this series would be a natural for me. But I must admit that except for a few brief sketches, so far I'm pretty well unimpressed.

I'll admit that there are some moving and inspirational scenes - for instance, today it showed George Washington's swearing-in as the First President and Father of Our Country and I got teary-eyed as hell for a few minutes.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Watched Jamaica Inn which was one if not the first movie Maureen O Hara featured in when she moved to America. Good atmosphere with Charles Laughton hamming it up and eating the furniture.

Strange movie for Hitchcock to direct.

• Tonight I watched "Swing Vote" which is a funny, cynical and insightful look at the world of American politics. Being a political junkie, I naturally enjoyed it. There was some really great acting by almost everyone in the movie, particularly Kevin Costner, Kelsey Grammer and Dennis Hopper. But the player who impressed me the most with her acting was Madeline Carroll, a 13-year-old girl who played Costner's daughter. That little gal was wonderful and I predict a bright future for her in Hollywood. Highly recommended for anyone interested in the American political scene.

• I watched The Fearmakers with Dana Andrews. Good movie and terrific performance from Dana.

I always thought Dana Andrews was greatly underrated as an actor. He played the lead in a favorite western entitled "Canyon Passage".

• I agree. I've always felt Dana was underrated, too. He truly is remarkable as an actor. After I watched The Best Years of Our Lives (which I watched soley for the amazing Fredric March and Steve Cochran) I was so taken by Dana' performance and was instantly a fan.

• I saw where Cleopatra was on. It was a night of Cecil B. DeMille films.

I watched the original Planet of the Apes for the second or third time.

watched the original Planet of the Apes for the second or third time.

Yes, the original movie with Charlton Heston was much, much better than the remake!

I watched Desperate Journey with Errol Flynn and Ronald Reagan. Errol Flynn is at the moment on air almost every night on one of the German TV-stations! I like his movies!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• The original Planet of the Apes is THE version. I do not liek the remake. Hollywood remakes too many classcis and they all stink.

I own Desperate Journey. Errol Flynn is a favorite actor of mine and so is Reagan.

• The Car
    A weird movie with a car driving round and killing people. Not the best movie I've ever saw.

State of Play
    A good thriller with Russel Crowe and Hellen Mirren. :thumbs_up:

The Omen
    Of course the scary original and not the remake. I always enjoyed Gregory Peck and the gorgeous Lee Remick in The Omen.

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

Edited once, last by JohnChisum ().

• Yes, the original movie with Charlton Heston was much, much better than the remake!

I watched Desperate Journey with Errol Flynn and Ronald Reagan. Errol Flynn is at the moment on air almost every night on one of the German TV-stations! I like his movies!

YES the original is the best and the end is pretty scary.

I missed to record Desperate Journey. I watched They died with their boots on and the Attack of the light Brigade both are really good movies with Flynn. :holiday_irish:

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• I can't remember the last film I Watched all the way through but the Next one is going to be The Barefoot Contessa

Being the mom in the house, I can't tell you HOW many movies I've seen many parts of, but never seen through from beginning to end . . . it's an interesting experience, to say the least.

The last non-western I saw . . . the musical 1776 . . . a perfect kick-off to the Independence Day holiday weekend.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• took the lad to see TRANSFORMERS the new one, well if you like things blowing up this is the movie to see he enjoyed it that is the main thing, we are now waiting for harry potter to come out and i will take him to see that with mum and nephew

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I thought today was a very appropriate occasion to watch Mel's "The Patriot".

not seen that one any good? or is it an anti English film? if it is i wont bother thanks

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit