I Have Been Challenged!

There are 18 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,042 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Can someone tell me the movie that John Wayne would have said "Good luck, Company B" or "Good luck, B Company"??? I have been challenged and no amount of searching has brought me to the answer!! I have been given two hints - a Western with a major male star playing opposite Wayne. Even though I was told this was a Western, I will take any other suggestions, as Company B would seem to be more of a War Movie subject to me..... unless it is a Calvary unit! Thanks!!!

• My challenger said it was not "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" but thought I made a good guess. I would have thought that was the right answer, too! Maybe HE is wrong??

• I can't remember the the phrase, but my first thought was that it was "Fort Apache". Since Viper already had answered I thought he probably was right, but now that your friend said it was not "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" I would think it probably was FA after all. Fits with the major star (Henry Fonda) description too.

Regards
    Popol Vuh

• Thanks for the encouragement for "FA" -- I have also now been given the idea that it is STILL "Yellow Ribbon" - but the quote is "Good Luck, C Troop" after Wayne is presented a watch at morning formation..... I may have to rent both to see what I can hear!!!

Originally posted by pyenme@Aug 12 2006, 01:27 PM
    Thanks for the encouragement for "FA" -- I have also now been given the idea that it is STILL "Yellow Ribbon" - but the quote is "Good Luck, C Troop" after Wayne is presented a watch at morning formation..... I may have to rent both to see what I can hear!!!

[snapback]33521[/snapback]

You might want want to look at Fort Apache just before the climactic, doomed battle scence, when the Duke is sent to hill overlooking the carnage.

Originally posted by The Tennesseean@Aug 12 2006, 01:30 PM
    You might want want to look at Fort Apache just before the climactic, doomed battle scence, when the Duke is sent to hill overlooking the carnage.

[snapback]33522[/snapback]

Thanks for that - you will save me loads of time!!

• That is the scene that I was thinking of when he got his watch. It has to be a calvary movie, that's for certain.
    If it's not "Yellow Ribbon" Or "Fort Apache" then try, and this is a guess, "The Horse Soldiers".

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• The film that Duke got the Pocket Watch from His Troops before leaves the Army Horse Solders at the Fort is "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon" done in Monument Valley in the Late 1940s. :D

How do I know? I was one of the Horse Solders in front of Him as he is given the watch. :)

For a little picture story of the film go to the Site Below and at almost the end of the Picture you will see of Duke Getting the Watch. Because of all pictures it might take time to load.

Yellow Ribbon

Chilibill :cowboy:

Originally posted by pyenme@Aug 12 2006, 02:50 PM
    Thanks for that - you will save me loads of time!!

[snapback]33523[/snapback]

Pyenme beat me to it. It indeed is said in Fort Apache. This was just after Henry Fonda (Col Owen Thursday) had relieved Capt York from his command of "B" Troop and sent him in the rear in shame to command the wagon train, and was to take Lt. O'Roarke (John Agar) with him. Sgt Mulcahy (Victor McLaglen) took command of "B" Troop.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hello all
    Popol Vuh I was thinking the same thing you just posted so this is my ditto

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Wow! Thanks for all the help! Can we now safely say it was "Fort Apache"? I can't wait to tell my friend the answer - and how many great people out there helped this Western-challenged film lover!

• pyenme;

In the Film "Fort Apache" One hour 51 Minutes in to the Film after Fonda sends Duke to the Rear with the Wagons, He rides by His Troops and said "Good Luck B - Troop" and Rides to the Rear. :)

In the Film "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" One Hour and 19 Minutes in to the Film, after He is given the Silver Watch and He rides away, He said "Good Luck C - Troop." :(

Chilibill :cowboy:

• WOW, Chilibill :cowboy: , you ROCK!! :punk:

So now pyenme's challenger must be more sure of the quote!! :headbonk:

pyenme, if we haven't already welcomed you to the board, please accept our hearty WELCOME now. You have experienced firsthand the greatness of this board - friendly and knowledgeable folks, all around the world!

John Wayne fans are the best!! :chickawow:

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Thanks for all the info!! We tried to rent FA at Blockbuster, and they DID NOT HAVE IT!!! I really appreciate all the input I have gotten from my new friends at dukewayne.com!!

• The challenge has been met - and I have triumphed (with a little help from the folks here on dukewayne.com, of course!)....

Thanks to all who contibuted to finding the answer for me! Now it is my turn to stump the "Quiz Master" - I think with an old Humphrey Bogart question! Thanks again, all!!!