Glen Campbell

There are 38 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 36,085 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• GLEN CAMPBELL
    GlenCampbell_382572_74289PS01r0_16to9Crop-16x9[1].jpg

Information from IMDb

Date of birth
    22 April 1936
    Delight, Arkansas, USA

Date of death
    August 8, 2017 (aged 81)
    Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.

Height
    5' 11" (1.80 m)

Spouse
    Kim Campbell (25 October 1982 - present) (3 children)
    Sarah Davis (3 September 1976 - 23 December 1980) (divorced) (1 child)
    Billie Jean Nunley (20 September 1959 - 1976) (divorced) (3 children)
    Diane Kirk (1952 - 1959) (divorced) (1 child)

Trivia
    Played rhythm guitar on Shelley Fabares' #1 hit "Johnny Angel" that peaked in April 1962.

Third wife, Sarah, is Mac Davis' ex-wife.

Played rhythm guitar on the Frank Sinatra classic "Strangers in the Night".

One of 12 children.

Before finally enjoying success on his own in the late 1960s, he was one of the top studio guitarists on the West Coast for more than a decade. A list of performers he accompanied reads almost like a who's-who of the top names of the era and includes Frank Sinatra, The Beach Boys, Nat 'King' Cole, Frankie Laine, Ricky Nelson, Jan Berry and Dean Torrence (aka Jan and Dean), Judy Garland, Dean Martin, The Kingston Trio (contributing a fourth voice on their 1963 hit "Desert Pete," you can easily hear him on the chorus), The Crickets and The Limeliters.

Phenomenally successful pop/MOR singer and TV personality of the late 1960's and 1970's. His many hits from this period, all on Capitol records, include "Gentle on My Mind," "By the Time I Get to Phoenix," "Wichita Lineman," "Hey, Little One," "Galveston," "Honey, Come Back," "Try a Little Kindness," and "Rhinestone Cowboy."

An avid golfer, when not on a course, he plays gigs at venues around the United States, including at his own theater in Branson, Missouri.

The 1964 hit "Little Honda" by The Hondells was actually recorded by a group of studio musicians, including Campbell on lead guitar and Hal Blaine on drums. The group known as The Hondells was put together for touring purposes after the song became a hit, but they had nothing to do with the actual recording of the song itself.

Children with Kim Campbell (nee Woollen): Cal Campbell (born in 1983); Shannon Campbell (born in 1985); and Ashley Campbell (born in 1988). Cal and Shannon both have their own bands and play locally in L.A. and Phoenix (AZ), and Ashley attends Pepperdine University,in Malibu, CA, as a Theatre major.

He has sold 40 million records and has received 12 gold albums.

Played guitar on the soundtrack of Viva Las Vegas (1964) starring Elvis Presley.

In the 1990s, Glen released a series of gospel albums, which opened up new vistas for the star and garnered a prestigious Dove Award.

His eldest daughter from his first marriage, Debbie Campbell, joined his stage show in 1987 and has toured with him ever since.

His special appearances as co-headliner at the Andy Williams Moon River Theatre in Branson draws sold-out crowds.

In all, 40 of his albums reached the charts.

Credited with giving country star Alan Jackson his first big break.

When his career went into a decline, he developed a drug problem from which he recovered. In November 2003, however, he was arrested for drunk driving that included a charge of battery to a police officer, which was later dropped. He was sentenced to 10 days in jail and community service.

Was a touring member of The Beach Boys, filling in for an ailing Brian Wilson in 1964 and 1965. He played guitar on the group's "Pet Sounds" album, among other recordings. On tour, he played bass and sang high harmony.

Was in great demand as a session musician in the early 1960s. He was part of the famous studio musicians clique known as "The Wrecking Crew," many of whom went from session to session together as the same group.

One of twelve children born outside the tiny community of Delight in Pike County, in a town called Billstown, then a community of fewer than one hundred residents.
    Was hand-picked by actor John Wayne to play alongside him in the western film True Grit (1969), which gave Campbell a Golden Globe nomination for "Most Promising Newcomer," and had a hit with the title song which was nominated for an Academy Award. He performed it live at that year's Academy Awards Show.

Used to play golf with Alice Cooper every day when Glen lived in Phoenix.

He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6925 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.

Good friend of Bobby Goldsboro and Jim Stafford.

Diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 2010.

While in his early stages of Alzheimer's, he plans to release his last album before beginning his final farewell tour.

Release of his autobiography, "Rhinestone Cowboy". [1994]

Honored by the Pacific Pioneer Broadcasters at the Sportsmen's Lodge in Studio City, California. [March 2007]

Lives and golfs in Malibu, California with his wife, Kim, just a few miles down the road from Pepperdine University, where his youngest daughter attends. [April 2006]

Has a son, Dillon Ian Campbell, born 1980, with his third wife Sarah. They divorced three weeks after she gave birth.

As his Alzheimers worsened, Campbell was forced to cancel 2012 live dates in Australia and New Zealand. As of April 2014, he was forced to move into an Alzheimer's facility.

Performed the National Anthem at the Republican National Convention in 1980.

Vocal supporter of the Republican Party from the 1980 US presidential election

Personal quotes
    "People speak out today, like the guy that did it on the Academy Awards. They can make an ass out of themselves if they do that. I don't get mixed in with politics."
    Where are they now

(April 2006) Lives and golfs in Malibu, California with his wife, Kim, just a few miles down the road from Pepperdine University, where his youngest daughter attends.

Mini Biography
    Glen Campbell in Delight, Arkansas, USA as Glen Travis Campbell. He has been married to Kim Campbell since October 25, 1982. They have three children. He was previously married to Sarah Davis, Billie Jean Nunley and Diane Kirk

Personal Quotes (2)
    People speak out today, like the guy that did it on the Academy Awards [Michael Moore]. They can make an ass out of themselves if they do that. I don't get mixed in with politics.
    I'd never acted in a movie before, and every time I see True Grit (1969) I think my record's still clean!

Campbell was hand-picked by actor John Wayne to play alongside him in the 1969 film True Grit, which gave Campbell a Golden Globe nomination for Most Promising Newcomer. Campbell sang and had a hit with the title song which was nominated for an Academy Award. He performed it live at that year's Academy Awards Show.

In 2005, Campbell was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame.

Filmography
    Actor
    1. Third World Cop (1999) .... Security guard
    2. "Players"- In Concert (1997) TV Episode .... Jesse Dalton
    3. Rock-A-Doodle (1991) (voice) .... Chanticleer
    4. Uphill All the Way (1986) .... Capt. Hazeltojn
    5. Johnny Cash: Cowboy Heroes (1982) (TV)
    6. The American Music Awards (1982) (TV)
    7. All-Star Celebration Opening the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum (1981) (TV)
    ... aka Bob Hope's All-Star Celebration Opening the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum (USA: complete title)
    8. Any Which Way You Can (1980) .... Singer at Lion Dollar Cowboy Bar
    9. The Tom and Dick Smothers Brothers Special II (1980) (TV) 10. Christmas in Disneyland (1976) (TV) .... Grandpa Jones/Disneyland Visitor
    11. Strange Homecoming (1974) (TV) .... Bill Halsey
    12. "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson"
    ... aka The Best of Carson (USA: rerun title)
    - Episode dated 19 February 1973 (1973) TV Episode .... Musical Guest
    13. Norwood (1970) .... Norwood Pratt
    14. True Grit (1969) .... La Boeuf
    15. The Cool Ones (1967) .... Patrick
    ... aka Cool Baby, Cool!
    16. "The F.B.I."
    - Force of Nature (1967) TV Episode .... Larry Dana
    17. Baby the Rain Must Fall (1965) (uncredited) .... Band Member

Soundtrack
    The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst (TV Mini-Series documentary) (performer - 1 episode)
    - The State of Texas vs. Robert Durst (2015) ... (performer: "Galveston")
    2015 The 87th Annual Academy Awards (TV Special) (lyrics: "I'm Not Gonna Miss You") / (music: "I'm Not Gonna Miss You")
    2014 Catch Me Daddy (performer: "Highwayman")
    2014 Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me (Documentary) (performer: "MacArthur Park", "The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress", "Classical Gas", "By the Time I Get To Phoenix", "I Remember You", "Columbus Stockade Blues", "Freeborn Man", "Southern Nights", "Home Again", "Hold On Hope", "Rhinestone Cowboy", "Any Trouble", "It's Your Amazing Grace", "A Better Place", "In My Arms", "Wichita Lineman", "Lovesick Blues", "Gentle On My Mind", "Dueling Banjos", "Try A Little Kindness", "I'm Not Gonna Miss You") / (writer: "It's Your Amazing Grace", "A Better Place", "Nothing But the Whole Wide World", "I'm Not Gonna Miss You")
    2013 Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa (performer: "Wichita Lineman")
    2013 Glen Campbell: The Rhinestone Cowboy (TV Movie documentary) (performer: "Gentle On My Mind", "By the Time I Get to Phoenix", "Wichita Lineman", "Turn Around, Look at Me" (uncredited), "Guess I'm Dumb" (uncredited))
    2012 The Joy of the Single (TV Movie documentary) (performer: "Turn Around, Look At Me", "Wichita Lineman" - uncredited)
    2011 Conan (TV Series) (performer - 1 episode)
    - Christmas Eve Not Christmas Steve (2011) ... (performer: "Ghost on the Canvas")
    The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (TV Series) (performer - 1 episode, 2011) (writer - 1 episode, 2011)
    - Episode #19.210 (2011) ... (performer: "It's Your Amazing Grace", "A Better Place" - uncredited) / (writer: "It's Your Amazing Grace", "A Better Place" - uncredited)
    2011 CMT: 40 Greatest Love Songs (TV Movie) (performer: "Gentle On My Mind")
    2010 Country's Greatest Stars Live: Vol. 1 (Video) (performer: "Rhinestone Cowboy", "Back In The Saddle Again", "Southern Nights", "Bye Bye Love", "Gentle On My Mind/Honey Come Back/By the Time I Get To Phoenix/Wichita Lineman/Galveston/Country Boy (You Got Your Feet In L.A.)", "Hey Good Lookin'/Your Cheatin' Heart/Cold, Cold Heart/I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry/I Can't Help It (If I'm Still In Love With You)/You Win Again/I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry/I Saw The Light/Jambalaya")
    2009 Bandslam (performer: "Wichita Lineman")
    2008 True Blood (TV Series) (performer - 1 episode)
    - To Love Is to Bury (2008) ... (performer: "Wichita Lineman" - uncredited)
    2008 The Wrecking Crew! (Documentary) (performer: "Woman's World", "Galveston", "By The Time I Get To Phoenix", "Wichita Lineman", "Gentle On My Mind")
    2008 Of All the Things (Documentary) (performer: "Country Boy (You Got Your Feet in LA)", "Rhinestone Cowboy")
    2006 Torvill & Dean's Dancing on Ice (TV Series) (performer - 1 episode)
    - Episode #1.2 (2006) ... (performer: "Rhinestone Cowboy")
    2006 Heist (TV Series) (performer - 1 episode)
    - Strife (2006) ... (performer: "Wichita Lineman")
    2005 AMV Hell 3: The Motion Picture (performer: "Rhinestone Cowboy")
    2003 Stone Temple Pilots: Thank You (Video) (performer: "Wichita Lineman" (Bootleg))
    2003 Tarnation (Documentary) (performer: "Wichita Lineman")
    2003 I Love the '70s (TV Series documentary) (performer - 1 episode)
    - 1975 (2003) ... (performer: "Rhinestone Cowboy")
    2001 Felicity (TV Series) (performer - 1 episode)
    - Miss Conception (2001) ... (performer: "Rhinestone Cowboy" - uncredited)
    2000 Roswell High (TV Series) (performer - 1 episode)
    - Meet the Dupes (2000) ... (performer: "Rhinestone Cowboy")
    2000/I Committed (performer: "Wichita Lineman")
    1999 Deep Blue Sea (performer: "Say What")
    1999 That '70s Show (TV Series) (performer - 1 episode)
    - That Wrestling Show (1999) ... (performer: "Rhinestone Cowboy")
    1998 SLC Punk! (writer: "Sex & Violence")
    1998 No Looking Back (performer: "Gentle On My Mind")
    1996 High School High (performer: "Rhinestone Cowboy")
    1996 American Strays (performer: "It's Only Make Believe")
    1996 Love Serenade (performer: "It's a Sin When You Love Somebody")
    1991 Rock-A-Doodle (performer: "Sun Do Shine", "Come Back to You", "Rock-A-Doodle", "Treasure Hunting Fever", "Kiss N Coo", "Back to the Country")
    1991 The Simpsons (TV Series) (performer - 1 episode)
    - The War of the Simpsons (1991) ... (performer: "Wichita Lineman" - uncredited)
    1988 The Wonder Years (TV Series) (performer - 1 episode)
    - Christmas (1988) ... (performer: "Silent Night" - uncredited)
    1986 Uphill All the Way (performer: "Uphill All the Way", "The Unlikely Posse", "Wild Wings")
    1983 The Golden Seal (performer: "LETTING GO")
    1981 The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia (performer: "I Love My Truck")
    1980 Any Which Way You Can (performer: "Any Which Way You Can")
    1980 Brubaker (performer: "Galveston" - uncredited)
    1979 Country Superstars of the 70s (TV Movie) (performer: "Country Is", "Rhinestone Cowboy", "Southern Nights")
    1978 Convoy (performer: "Southern Nights")
    1978 The End (performer: "Another Fine Mess")
    1978 50 Years of Country Music (TV Movie) (performer: "Hank Williams Medley")
    1977 The Sonny and Cher Show (TV Series) (performer - 1 episode)
    - Episode #2.17 (1977) ... (performer: "Southern Nights", "Country Boy (You Got Your Feet In L.A.) / Don't Pull Your love Out On Me, Baby / Rhinestone Cowboy")
    1974 The Ernie Sigley Show (TV Series) (writer - 1 episode)
    - Episode dated 8 August 1974 (1974) ... (writer: "Less of Me")
    1973 The 45th Annual Academy Awards (TV Special) (performer: "Marmalade, Molasses & Honey")
    1972 Survival (TV Series documentary) (performer - 1 episode)
    - Flight of the Snow Geese (1972) ... (performer: "Fly High and Free")
    1971 The 43rd Annual Academy Awards (TV Special) (performer: "Pieces of Dreams")
    1970 The Dean Martin Show (TV Series) (performer - 1 episode)
    - Episode #6.14 (1970) ... (performer: "Gotta Travel On", "Blue Blue Day", "Singin' the Blues", "We'll Sing in the Sunshine", "You Are My Sunshine", "Everybody's Got a Little Song" - uncredited)
    1969-1970 The Johnny Cash Show (TV Series) (performer - 3 episodes)
    - Episode #2.10 (1970) ... (performer: "Wichita Lineman", "Arkansas")
    - Episode #1.17 (1970) ... (performer: "Sweet Country Girl", "Papa Played the Banjo", "Orange Blossom Special")
    - Episode #1.5 (1969) ... (performer: "I've Been Everywhere", "By the Time I Get to Phoenix", "Folsom Prison Blues", "Galveston", "Abilene", "Arkanasas", "I Got Stripes", "I Still Miss Someone")
    1970 Norwood (performer: "Ol' Norwood's Comin' Home", "Marie", "The Repo Man", "I'll Paint You a Song", "Norwood (Me and My Guitar)", "Down Home", "Everything a Man Could Ever Need")
    1970 The 42nd Annual Academy Awards (TV Special) (performer: "True Grit")
    1969 True Grit (performer: "True Grit")
    1969 The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour (TV Series) (performer - 1 episode)
    - Episode #1.13 (1969) ... (performer: "The More I See You", "Like to Get to Know You")
    1968 The Best on Record (TV Special) (performer: "By The Time I Get To Phoenix", "Gentle On My Mind")
    1967 In the Heat of the Night (performer: "Bowlegged Polly" - uncredited)
    1967 The Cool Ones (performer: "Just One of Those Things" - uncredited)
    1965 Hollywood a Go Go (TV Series) (performer - 1 episode)
    - Episode #1.50 (1965) ... (performer: "Private John Q", "Finger Pickin'")
    1964-1965 Shindig! (TV Series) (performer - 21 episodes)
    - Shindig in Hawaii: Part 2 (1965) ... (performer: "Hidden Island", "Twelfth Street Rag", "Ring Dang Doo")
    - Episode #2.13 (1965) ... (performer: "Working for the Man", "Road Runner", "Do You Wanna Dance?")
    - Episode #2.12 (1965) ... (performer: "Ready Teddy" (uncredited), "Everyone's Gone to the Moon", "Peppermint Twist", "Twist and Shout")
    - Episode #2.10 (1965) ... (performer: "Let the Good Times Roll", "Kansas City Star", "Slow Down", "When the Saints Go Marchin' In")
    - Episode #2.8 (1965) ... (performer: "Universal Soldier")
    Show all 21 episodesa

Miscellaneous Crew
    1. The End (1978) (singer)
    2. The 43rd Annual Academy Awards (1971) (TV) (singer: "Pieces of Dreams")
    3. The 42nd Annual Academy Awards (1970) (TV) (singer: "True Grit")
    4. "The Monkees" (1966) TV Series (musician) (uncredited)

Self
    1. "My First Time"
    - Variety Is the Spice of Life (2006) TV Episode .... Himself
    2. "I've Got a Secret"
    - Episode dated 23 May 2006 (2006) TV Episode .... Himself
    3. "Larry King Live"
    - Episode dated 27 December 2005 (2005) TV Episode .... Himself
    - Episode dated 12 November 2003 (2003) TV Episode .... Himself
    4. "The Hollywood Greats"
    ... aka Hollywood Greats (USA: new title)
    - John Wayne (2004) TV Episode .... Himself
    5. Stone Temple Pilots: Thank You (2003) (V) .... Himself
    6. CMT 100 Greatest Songs of Country Music Concert (2003) (TV) .... Performer
    7. "Late Night with Conan O'Brien"
    - Episode dated 13 May 2000 (2000) TV Episode
    8. Johnny Cash: The Anthology (2000) (V) .... Himself
    9. Johnny Cash: Half Mile a Day (2000) (V) .... Himself
    10. Endless Harmony: The Beach Boys Story (1998) (TV) .... Himself
    11. "Behind the Music"
    ... aka VH1's Behind the Music (USA)
    - Jan and Dean (1998) TV Episode .... Himself
    12. A Day in the Life of Country Music (1993) (TV) .... Himself
    13. Family Prayers (1993) .... Himself
    ... aka A Family Divided
    14. The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour: The 20th Reunion (1988) (TV) .... Himself
    15. "Dolly"
    - Episode #1.15 (1988) TV Episode .... Himself
    16. The 15th Annual American Music Awards (1988) (TV) .... Himself
    17. This Is Your Life (1987) (TV) .... Himself
    18. James Bond: The First 21 Years (1983) (TV) .... Himself
    19. The 25th Annual Grammy Awards (1983) (TV) .... Himself
    20. "The Glen Campbell Music Show" (1982) TV Series .... Himself - Host
    21. Country Comes Home (1982) (TV) .... Himself - Host
    22. All-Star Comedy Birthday Party from West Point (1981) (TV) .... Himseslf
    ... aka Bob Hope's All-Star Comedy Birthday Party from West Point (USA: complete title)
    23. The Bob Hope Anniversary Show (1981) (TV)
    24. Country Superstars of the 70s (1979) (TV) .... Himself
    25. The Captain & Tennille Songbook (1979) (TV) .... Himself
    26. The 5th Annual American Music Awards (1978) (TV) .... Himself/Host
    27. 50 Years of Country Music (1978) (TV) .... Himself/Host
    28. World of Magic (1977) (TV) .... Himself/Host
    ... aka Doug Henning's World of Magic (USA: complete title)
    29. The 4th Annual American Music Awards (1977) .... Himself/Host
    30. "The Carol Burnett Show"
    ... aka Carol Burnett and Friends (USA: repeat compilations title)
    - Episode #10.15 (1977) TV Episode .... Himself
    31. "The Midnight Special"
    - Episode dated 17 December 1976 (1976) TV Episode .... Himself
    32. "Dinah!"
    ... aka Dinah! & Friends
    - Episode dated 8 November 1976 (1976) TV Episode .... Himself
    33. An All-Star Tribute to John Wayne (1976) (TV) .... Himself
    34. Joys (1976) (TV) .... GlenCampbell
    ... aka Bob Hope Special: Bob Hope in 'Joys' (USA: complete title)
    35. John Wayne and Glen Campbell & the Musical West (1974) (TV) .... Himself
    36. "Celebrity Sweepstakes" (1974) TV Series .... Himself/guest panelist
    37. "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson"
    ... aka The Best of Carson (USA: rerun title)
    - Episode dated 6 September 1973 (1973) TV Episode .... Himself
    - Episode dated 18 August 1971 (1971) TV Episode .... Himself
    - Episode dated 10 March 1971 (1971) TV Episode .... Himself
    - Episode dated 16 April 1970 (1970) TV Episode .... Himself
    38. "The Dean Martin Show"
    ... aka The Dean Martin Comedy Hour (USA: new title)
    - Episode dated 14 December 1972 (1972) TV Episode .... Himself
    - Episode dated 17 December 1970 (1970) TV Episode .... Himself
    39. "The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour"
    - Episode #2.2 (1972) TV Episode .... Himself
    - Episode #1.3 (1971) TV Episode .... Himself
    40. The Grand Opening of Walt Disney World (1971) (TV) .... Himself
    41. The 43rd Annual Academy Awards (1971) (TV) .... Himself - Performer & Co-Presenter: Best Original Score & Best Song Score
    42. "The New Andy Griffith Show"
    - Glen Campbell Visits (1971) TV Episode .... Himself
    43. Swing Out, Sweet Land (1970) (TV) .... Himself
    44. "This Is Tom Jones"
    - Episode #3.6 (1970) TV Episode
    - Episode #2.11 (1969) TV Episode
    45. The Best on Record (1970) (TV) .... Himself
    46. The 42nd Annual Academy Awards (1970) (TV) .... Himself - Performer
    47. "The Kraft Music Hall"
    - 3rd Annual Country Music Association Awards (1969) TV Episode .... Himself
    - 2nd Annual Country Music Association Awards (1968) TV Episode .... Himself
    48. Johnny Cash! The Man, His World, His Music (1969) (uncredited) .... Himself
    49. "The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour" (1969) TV Series .... Himself
    50. "The Hollywood Palace"
    - Episode #6.12 (1968) TV Episode .... Himself - Singer
    51. "Bobbie Gentry"
    - Episode dated 17 August 1968 (1968) TV Episode .... Himself
    52. "The Mike Douglas Show"
    - Episode dated 12 February 1968 (1968) TV Episode .... Himself
    53. "The Summer Smothers Brothers Show" (1968) TV Series .... Himself
    54. "Shivaree"
    - Episode dated 8 May 1965 (1965) TV Episode .... Himself
    55. The T.A.M.I. Show (1965) .... Himself (guitarist in house band)
    ... aka Teen Age Command Performance (UK)
    56. "Shindig!"
    - Episode dated 4 November 1964 (1964) TV Episode .... Himself

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 8 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Glen Campbell, obviously known as an extremely,
    successful, Singer/songwriter, made a few films.
    The most significant to us, is Duke's finest hour
    as an actor, True Grit.
    Glen starred as

True Grit(1969) .... La Boeuf

He wasn't too bad, there have been worse actors in Duke's films,
    but he wasn't terribly convincing either, about on
    par with Rick Nelson's acting in Rio Bravo!!
    Glen was diligent and eager to learn,
    but Hathaway constantly picked on him.

However, Duke and Glen, became good friends, and
    Duke, was soon to be seen appearing on Glens,
    many TV and Christmas specials.

Glen also sang the fine title song.
    True Grit

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 3 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• I can't say much about Glen Campbell except that I like his singing. It was cool to have him in a mive with Duke as well. I most know him as the guy who sang one of my favorite songs: "Southern Nights."

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I thought Glen did rather well in True Grit, in fact, I thought I may have gone on to be in more Duke movies

I love True Grit, my only gripe with the movie was the casting of Kim Darby - she was awful

• Glen Campbell was always one of my favorite singers. He also toured with The Beach Boys for awhile as part of their band. It shows that he was married four times but, I thought he was married to Tanya Tucker, also. Either that or they lived together and it was a very tumultous relationship with both of them undergoing substance abuse. I've got his CD that has all his hits on it. My favorites, By The Time I Get To Phoenix, Galveston, Southern Nights, It's Only Make Believe.

• Glen Campbell was always one of my favorite singers. He also toured with The Beach Boys for awhile as part of their band. It shows that he was married four times but, I thought he was married to Tanya Tucker, also. Either that or they lived together and it was a very tumultous relationship with both of them undergoing substance abuse. I've got his CD that has all his hits on it. My favorites, By The Time I Get To Phoenix, Galveston, Southern Nights, It's Only Make Believe.

I also like Wichita Lineman as well as Country Boy (You got your feet in L. A.).

Stay thirsty my friends.

• passable job in true grit, his role was a little standoffish

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Ethan...If I'm not mistaken, Glen Campbell only performed "True Grit". Don Black wrote the lyrics & Elmer Bernstein wrote the music. Campbell was just the artist who performed it.

• Hi Mrs. C and thanks for posting, but the top video no longer seems to be available.

Not sure what happened, but I just searched it again and refreshed the link. It worked once, then when I hit it to play again, it came up with the message "This video is no longer available" :glare:. I don't know what that's all about, because when I go directly to YouTube, it is definitely available.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• I just learned recently that Henry Hathaway the director of True Grit hated Glen Campbell so much that he printed all of Glen Campbell's bad takes in the film so he would never get a job acting in film again. I would say it's not a good idea to get on Henry Hathaway's bad side because I haven't seen Glen Campbell in any other film that I can remember.

• I think he did "Norwood" shortly after True Grit-I've never seen it tho. It's hard to believe a director would risk sabotaging(sp?) his own film just because he didn't like one of the actors-especially a high profile film like this one. he could just as easily had the script rewritten to kill him off (Trini lopez anyone?).

• I am No Sure Why any one wants to Take On Glen Campbell after All These Years, But Some People are Just That Way !
    Duke Himself ask Glen to be in The Film and at this time Duke Got What He Wanted !!
    And Why Would They Have Glen Campbell do the Theme Song for The Film if Hathaway Hated Him That Much and then Put His Name On The Film ?

Below will show You What Glen Campbell had to Say about being in The Film, and then Sings The Theme Song !!!
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3KcEUh3fUk

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Edited 5 times, last by Kevin: Add a Youtube direct view ().

• Good idea. Maybe he should have sang ALL his lines, like an operetta.
    Wayne may have suggested him after a drink, or eight, or ten.
    I recall seeing Campbell on the Tonight Show to promote the movie and he complained that Duke insisted he ride a smaller horse. Of course, there was that line in the script about him being mounted on a sheep. Maybe Glenn was just being cranky. Rhinestone Cowboy, indeed.

We deal in lead, friend.