There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 32,764 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• RON HOWARD

Information from IMDb

Date of Birth
    1 March 1954
    Duncan, Oklahoma, USA

Sometimes Credited As:
    Ronnie Howard / Ronny Howard

Birth name
    Ronald William Howard

Height
    5' 9" (1.75 m)

Mini Biography
    Academy Award-winning filmmaker Ron Howard is one of this generation's most popular directors. From the critically acclaimed dramas A Beautiful Mind and Apollo 13 to the hit comedies Parenthood and Splash, he has created some of Hollywood's most memorable films.

Howard directed and produced "Cinderella Man" starring Oscar winner Russell Crowe, with whom he previously collaborated on "A Beautiful Mind", for which Howard earned an Oscar for Best Director and which also won awards for Best Picture, Best Screenplay and Best Supporting Actress. The film garnered four Golden Globes as well, including the award for Best Motion Picture Drama. Additionally, Howard won Best Director of the Year from the Directors Guild of America. Howard and producer Brian Grazer received the first annual Awareness Award from the National Mental Health Awareness Campaign for their work on the film.

Howard's skill as a director has long been recognized. In 1995, he received his first Best Director of the Year award from the DGA for "Apollo 13". The true-life drama also garnered nine Academy Award nominations, winning Oscars for Best Film Editing and Best Sound. It also received Best Ensemble Cast and Best Supporting Actor awards from the Screen Actor's Guild. Many of Howard's past films have received nods from the Academy, including the popular hits "Backdraft", "Parenthood" and "Cocoon", the last of which took home two Oscars. Howard was honored by the Museum of Moving Images in December 2005, and by the American Cinema Editors in February 2006. Howard and his creative partner Brian Grazer, were honored by the Producers Guild of America with the Milestone Award in January 2009, NYU's Tisch School of Cinematic Arts with the Big Apple Award in November 2009 and by the Simon Wiesenthal Center with their Humanitarian Award in May 2010. In June 2010, Howard was honored by the Chicago Film Festival with their Gold Hugo - Career Achievement Award. In March 2013, Howard was inducted into the Television Hall of Fame. In December 2015, Howard was honored with a star in the Motion Pictures category, making him one of the very few to have been recognized with two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Recently, Howard directed "Inferno", the third installment of Dan Brown's Robert Langdon franchise and "8 Days A Week-The Touring Years", a documentary about the rock legends The Beatles. He is also producing second season of "Breakthrough", "Mars", and is directing the first episode of The Genius Series based on the life of Einstein, all for NatGeo.

Howard's recent films include the critically acclaimed drama "Rush", staring Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Brüel, written by Peter Morgan; and "Made In America", a music documentary he directed staring Jay Z for Showtime.

Howard also produced and directed the film adaptation of Peter Morgan's critically acclaimed play "Frost / Nixon". The film, which was released in December 2009, was nominated for five Academy Awards including Best Picture, and was also nominated for The Darryl F. Zanuck Producer of the Year Award in Theatrical Motion Pictures by the PGA.

Howard's portfolio includes some of the most popular films of the past 20 years. In 1991, Howard created the acclaimed drama "Backdraft", starring Robert De Niro, Kurt Russell and William Baldwin. He followed it with the historical epic "Far and Away", starring Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. Howard directed Mel Gibson, Rene Russo, Gary Sinise and Delroy Lindo in the 1996 suspense thriller "Ransom". Howard worked with Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon, Ed Harris, Bill Paxton, Gary Sinise and Kathleen Quinlan on "Apollo 13", which was re-released recently in the IMAX format.

Howard's other films include "In The Heart of the Sea", based on the true story that inspired Moby Dick; his adaptation of Dan Brown's best-selling novels "Angels & Demons", and "The Da Vinci Code" staring Oscar winner Tom Hanks; the blockbuster holiday favorite "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas" starring Jim Carrey; "Parenthood" starring Steve Martin; the fantasy epic "Willow"; "Night Shift" starring Henry Winkler, Michael Keaton and Shelley Long; and the suspenseful western, "The Missing", staring Oscar winners Cate Blachett and Tommy Lee Jones.

Howard has also served as an executive producer on a number of award-winning films and television shows, such as the HBO miniseries "From the Earth to the Moon", Fox's Emmy Award winner for Best Comedy, "Arrested Development", a series which he also narrated, Netflix's release of new episodes of "Arrested Development", and NBC's "Parenthood".

Howard made his directorial debut in 1978 with the comedy "Grand Theft Auto". He began his career in film as an actor. He first appeared in "The Journey" and "The Music Man", then as Opie on the long-running television series "The Andy Griffith Show". Howard later starred in the popular series "Happy Days" and drew favorable reviews for his performances in "American Graffiti" and "The Shootist".

Howard and long-time producing partner Brian Grazer first collaborated on the hit comedies "Night Shift" and "Splash". The pair co-founded Imagine Entertainment in 1986 to create independently produced feature films.
    - IMDb Mini Biography By: Sage Shah

Spouse
    Cheryl Howard (7 June 1975 - present) (4 children)

Trade Mark
    Frequently casts father Rance Howard and brother Clint Howard in supporting roles.

Frequently uses music by James Horner and songs by Randy Newman.

Frequently casts Tom Hanks, Gary Sinise, Russell Crowe and Michael Keaton.

Works in multiple genres - comedy (Splash (1984), Gung Ho (1986)), drama (Apollo 13 (1995), A Beautiful Mind (2001), Frost/Nixon (2008)), thriller (The Da Vinci Code (2006), Angels & Demons (2009)), fantasy (Willow (1988), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)) and Western (The Missing (2003)

Red hair and gapped front teeth

Accorded "final cut" on all his feature films

Trivia
    In 1971, was a contestant on The Dating Game (1965) and ended up choosing Bachelorette #2, Nola Green.
    Son of actor/director Rance Howard and actress Jean Speegle Howard.
    Older brother of Clint Howard.

Attended Burroughs High School with actress Rene Russo.

Daughters: Bryce Dallas Howard (born 1981), Jocelyn Carlyle (twin, born 1985), Paige Howard (twin, born 1985). Son: Reed Cross (born 1987).

All of Howard's four children are named after the places they were conceived: Bryce Dallas in Dallas, Texas, Paige Carlyle and Jocelyn Carlyle at the Hotel Carlyle in New York City, and Reed Cross after a specific road, according to Bryce Dallas Howard.

Acted with Kathleen Quinlan in American Graffiti (1973), then directed her in Apollo 13 (1995).

Cast both of his parents in Apollo 13 (1995). Daughter, Bryce Dallas Howard, also had a cameo appearance.
    Had the following rankings on Premiere magazine's annual Power 100 List - #22 in 2006, #27 in 2005, #30 in 2004, #26 in 2003, #29 in 2002.

Directed eight different actors in Oscar-nominated performances: Don Ameche, Dianne Wiest, Ed Harris, Kathleen Quinlan, Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Paul Giamatti and Frank Langella. Ameche and Connelly won Oscars for their performances in one of Howard's movies.

Ranked #7 in VH1's of the "100 Greatest Kid Stars".

Is apparently a huge fan of cricket. Attended the final Ashes test match between England vs. Australia on September 12, 2005 whilst filming The Da Vinci Code (2006), and was spotted mingling with players in the Australian dressing room.

When he was a child actor, his father was very involved in his career, protecting him from unfair treatment, and being strict with him (when necessary).

He was awarded the National Medal of Arts from the National Endowment of the Arts in 2003
    Has directed two films on the American Film Institute's 100 Most Inspiring Movies of All Time. They are A Beautiful Mind (2001) at #93 and Apollo 13 (1995) at #12.

Father-in-law of Seth Gabel.

Has played Winthrop Paroo in The Music Man (1962), and the title role in Huckleberry Finn (1975). Both roles were previously played by Eddie Hodges.

Has English, German, Irish, Scottish, and remote Dutch, ancestry.

Became a grandfather when his daughter, Bryce Dallas Howard, had a baby boy on February 16, 2007.
    Was interested in directing D-Tox (2002) at one point, but decided to direct How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000).

Stepson of Los Angeles Times columnist and playwright Judy Howard.

In 2007, Forbes magazine estimated his 2006 earnings to be approximately $35 million.

Henry Winkler is the godfather of Howard's daughter Bryce Dallas Howard.

Best known on television for his starring roles as Opie Taylor on The Andy Griffith Show (1960) and as Richie Cunningham on Happy Days (1974).

Started two production companies - Major H Productions (which ran until 1985) and then, in 1985, Imagine Films Entertainment.

Has cast three fellow cast members of the American Graffiti movies in films he later directed. Kathleen Quinlan appeared in Apollo 13 (1995), Delroy Lindo appeared in Ransom (1996), and Scott Glenn appeared in Backdraft (1991)
    As of July 2012, after the death of Andy Griffith on July 3, 2012, Don Knotts on February 24, 2006, and George Lindsey (Goober) on May 12, 2012, Ron Howard is the youngest regular cast member, and one of only three regular or recurring (over 20 episodes portraying the same character) surviving cast members of The Andy Griffith Show (1960), along with surviving cast members Jim Nabors (Gomer), and Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou).

Profiled in "American Classic Screen Interviews" (Scarecrow Press) (2010).

With the death of his longtime friend and mentor Andy Griffith on July 3, 2012, he's the only original and youngest surviving cast member of The Andy Griffith Show (1960).

Acting mentors were Andy Griffith, Shirley Jones and Tom Bosley.

Shares the same birthday with Catherine Bach (March 1, 1954).

Has played the same character (Richie Cunningham) on four different series: Love, American Style (1969), Happy Days (1974), Laverne & Shirley (1976) and The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang (1980).

Currently resides in the Sea Pines Resort on Hilton Head Island in South Carolina. [January 2006]

During a Mayberry reunion program, the late Don Knotts jokingly said of Ron, "We call him Mr. Howard now".

For an American Film Institute poll, Howard chose One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) as his favorite film.

He was awarded 2 Stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Motion Pictures at 6931 Hollywood Boulevard; and for Television at 6838 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.

He has directed his wife Cheryl Howard in eleven films: Grand Theft Auto (1977), Night Shift (1982), Splash (1984), Willow (1988), The Paper (1994), Apollo 13 (1995), Ransom (1996), Edtv (1999), A Beautiful Mind (2001), The Da Vinci Code (2006) and Angels & Demons (2009).

He has directed his father Rance Howard in fifteen films: Grand Theft Auto (1977), Splash (1984), Cocoon (1985), Gung Ho (1986), Parenthood (1989), Far and Away (1992), The Paper (1994), Apollo 13 (1995), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000), A Beautiful Mind (2001), The Missing (2003), Cinderella Man (2005), Frost/Nixon (2008), Angels & Demons (2009) and The Dilemma (2011).

He has directed his younger brother Clint Howard in sixteen films: Grand Theft Auto (1977), Night Shift (1982), Splash (1984), Cocoon (1985), Gung Ho (1986), Parenthood (1989), Backdraft (1991), Far and Away (1992), The Paper (1994), Apollo 13 (1995), Edtv (1999), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000), The Missing (2003), Cinderella Man (2005), Frost/Nixon (2008) and The Dilemma (2011).

Credits Andy Griffith and Tom Bosley as his favorite acting mentors.

While he is a liberal Democrat, his younger brother Clint Howard is a conservative Republican.

Personal Quotes
    [asked about the transition from child star to adolescent actor]: You're 14 or 15, and they can hire an 18-year-old and not have the child-labor law restrictions, and so they do. Just at the point when you're feeling confused and vulnerable, you're being rejected.

It was always my dream to be a director. A lot of it had to do with controlling my own destiny, because as a young actor you feel at everyone's disposal. But I wanted to become a leader in the business.

[asked what his future holds in 1979]: If I had to choose between a great acting job and a good directing job, I'd choose the directing job.

I've always been interested in the Depression as this very dramatic pivotal period in American history. My dad grew up on a farm in Oklahoma and remembers playing with his toy tractor under the table while the local farmers talked with his grandfather about forming a local militia to protect the crops because they were afraid unemployed people from the town would come in and grab the crops.
    #
    There is something inherently tough about Americans. They will not accept defeat. The astronauts of Apollo 13 (1995) would not give up, John Nash in A Beautiful Mind (2001) would not give up, and Jimmy Braddock [subject of Cinderella Man (2005)] would not surrender to poverty.

I've acted with all types, I've directed all types. What you want to understand as a director, is what actors have to offer. They'll get at it however they get at it. If you can understand that, you can get your work done.

I'm not a caterer. I just have to stay with my creative convictions. At some point, you have to just get past the special-interest groups and do what you're there to do, which is make a movie.

[on A Beautiful Mind (2001)]: It was always our goal to try to present schizophrenia in a very personal way. So the delusional characters are symbols, you know, manifestations. It's all a bit more allegorical, it's not pure case study, it's not a clinical presentation.

[on the death of Don Knotts]: Outside of his loving family, I'm sure that Andy Griffith was Don Knotts' greatest fan. When I summon up memories of working with Don on The Andy Griffith Show (1960), the first images are of Andy laughing and reveling in Don's genius. Don had been funny before the show and sustained his comedy superstardom later in movies and on television. But I will always remember the transformation that would begin as mild-mannered Don rehearsed his scene, tweaked the dialogue, refined the timing - and then took off and soared as cameras rolled. The only question: Could Andy keep from falling out of his chair laughing in the middle of the take? Nine times out of 10, Andy, the consummate pro, held on until the director yelled "Cut!" and he and the rest of us could finally release the pressure valve and let the laughter out. On the rare times when Andy would blow the take, he was always forgiven - even by Don, who knew deep down there was plenty more comedy where that came from.
    [on the death of Bea Arthur]: What she did in television and the characters that she created broke new ground, and she was a great artist.

[on his longtime friendship with Andy Griffith, who played Sheriff Andy Taylor]: I wondered about Andy, I knew he was a Southern Democrat, old school, Southern Democrat. I really hadn't talked to him about politics in ages, and I barely got the sentence out; and he said, "I'm a Democrat. I believe in [President Barack Obama]. We need a Democrat in the White House. I want Obama, and I'll do it." I talk to him every so often.

[on Andy Griffith]: In "Funny or Die", the website where it helped produced that piece and put it on their website, and the meeting was getting a lot of action, and getting a lot of hits and also comments, and most were good and found it funny, and even if they didn't agree with the message, they appreciate it. Some were angry and irate, and I called Andy, and I said "I don't know if you're on the Internet, or if you follow this thing. It's getting a lot of attention." Andy said, "Yeah, I had a couple of reporters called, and kinds picked up on that." I said, "It's mostly good, but you know, some people are pretty angry about this -- some people are pretty upset. And there was a pause... and he said, "Well, Ronnie, once in a while, you gotta muffle a few feathers." He's still giving Opie, a little advice.

[on real-life characters in Rush (2013)]: I wanted to show the slightly tragic side of these two guys. They were so desperate to fill whatever void that was, and to prove something to who knows who, starting with themselves, that they were willing to risk their lives.

[on Rush (2013)]: I guess you could say it's a bit of a stretch. But at this point, I don't know what does sound like a Ron Howard film. I'm just looking for interesting filmmaking challenges and stories that have a chance to surprise the audience. When I started, I didn't know much about Formula One, but I knew that it was cool, sexy and dangerous, and that's a pretty good combination.

[on preparing his actors to look comfortable as Formula One drivers]: That was something they were going to have to be good at, because you have to have enough command of the car to come driving in fast, hot, with people there and pull in to a precise spot. And I wanted to be able to move the camera in and have them flip the visor up and see they were driving. It was the one place you could confirm to people that they were.

[on working with Bette Davis]: She didn't much like that there was this 25-year-old from a sitcom that was directing her. I was talking to her on the phone and I said, "Well, Ms. Davis, I'll protect you as the director and make sure you're prepared and that your performance will not suffer", and she said, "I disagree, Mr. Howard." I said, "Ms. Davis, just call me Ron", and she said, "No, I will call you Mr. Howard until I decide whether I like you or not." And then [on the set] I gave her a note. And she tried it, and it worked for her. She said, "You're right, that works much better. Let's shoot." And at the end of the whole thing, I said, "We'll, Ms. Davis, great first day. I'll see you tomorrow." She said, "Okay, Ron, see you tomorrow" and she patted me on the ass.

[on the current state of cinema, 2014]: I really think the creative process is more exciting than ever. There are more and more people doing great work.

[on being receptive to new ideas in filmmaking]: Why fight technology at all? The audience is always going to tell you what they like best. And you, as a storyteller, as a communicator, are going to be required to adjust to that. Your taste, your aesthetic, is certainly going to influence that, and you may choose to diffuse it - maybe decline using that format. At the end of the day, if I think the story has value and that it's interesting, then my next job is trying to understand how to best tell the story.

[on the death of James Garner]: Garner was a hell of a driver. He truly was a "man's man".

Salary
    Eat My Dust (1976) $100,000 + %
    A Beautiful Mind (2001) $10,000,000
    The Dilemma (2011) $10,000,000

Filmography
    Actor
    1. "Arrested Development" (voice) (uncredited) .... Narrator
    - Exit Strategy (2006) TV Episode (voice) (uncredited) .... Narrator
    - Fakin' It (2006) TV Episode (voice) (uncredited) .... Narrator
    - Family Ties (2006) TV Episode (voice) (uncredited) .... Narrator
    - S.O.B.s (2006) TV Episode (voice) (uncredited) .... Narrator
    - Making a Stand (2005) TV Episode (voice) (uncredited) .... Narrator
    (47 more)
    2. A Beautiful Mind (2001) (uncredited) .... Man at Gouverners Ball
    3. Osmosis Jones (2001) (voice) .... Tom Colonic
    4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) (uncredited) .... Townsperson
    ... aka The Grinch (Australia) (UK) (USA: promotional title)
    ... aka Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (USA: complete title)
    ... aka Grinch, Der (Germany)
    5. "Frasier"
    - Good Samaritan (1999) TV Episode (voice) .... Stephen
    6. Return to Mayberry (1986) (TV) .... Opie Taylor
    7. David Letterman's Holiday Film Festival (1985) (TV) .... (segment "But I'm Happy")
    8. "Happy Days" .... Richard 'Richie' Cunningham (1974-1980)
    ... aka Happy Days Again (USA: syndication title)
    - Passages: Part 2 (1984) TV Episode .... Richie Cunningham
    - Welcome Home: Part 2 (1983) TV Episode .... Richie Cunningham
    - Welcome Home: Part 1 (1983) TV Episode .... Richie Cunningham
    - The Roaring Twenties (1980) TV Episode .... Richie Cunningham/Asst. DA Cecil Cunningham
    - My Favourite Orkan (1978) TV Episode .... Richard 'Richie' Cunningham
    (33 more)
    9. When Your Lover Leaves (1983) (TV)
    10. "Saturday Night Live"
    ... aka SNL (USA: informal title)
    ... aka SNL 25 (USA)
    - Episode #8.3 (1982) TV Episode .... Host
    11. Night Shift (1982) (uncredited) .... Annoying Sax Player/Boy Making out with Girlfriend in Front of Chuck's Apartment
    12. Fire on the Mountain (1981) (TV) .... Lee Mackie
    13. "Insight"
    - The Needle's Eye (1981) TV Episode
    14. Bitter Harvest (1981) (TV) .... Ned De Vries
    15. Act of Love (1980) (TV) .... Leon Cybulkowski
    16. "The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang" (1980) TV Series (voice) .... Richie Cunningham
    17. "Laverne & Shirley"
    ... aka Laverne & Shirley & Company (USA: syndication title)
    ... aka Laverne & Shirley & Friends (USA: syndication title)
    - Shotgun Wedding: Part 2 (1979) TV Episode .... Richie Cunningham
    - Excuse Me, May I Cut In? (1976) TV Episode .... Richie Cunningham
    18. More American Graffiti (1979) .... Steve Bolander
    ... aka Purple Haze
    19. Grand Theft Auto (1977) .... Sam Freeman
    20. The Shootist (1976) .... Gillom Rogers
    21. Eat My Dust (1976) .... Hoover Niebold
    22. The First Nudie Musical (1976) (uncredited) .... Auditioning actor
    23. I'm a Fool (1976) (TV)
    24. Huckleberry Finn (1975) (TV) .... Huckleberry Finn
    25. "Disneyland"
    ... aka Disney's Wonderful World (USA: new title)
    ... aka The Disney Sunday Movie (USA: new title)
    ... aka The Magical World of Disney (USA: new title)
    ... aka The Wonderful World of Disney (USA: new title)
    ... aka Walt Disney (USA: new title)
    ... aka Walt Disney Presents (USA: new title)
    ... aka Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color (USA: new title)
    - Wild Country: Part 2 (1975) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Virgil
    - Wild Country: Part 1 (1975) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Virgil
    - Smoke: Part 2 (1970) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Chris
    - Smoke: Part 1 (1970) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Chris
    - A Boy Called Nuthin': Part 2 (1967) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Richie 'Nuthin'' Caldwell
    (1 more)
    26. Locusts (1974) (TV) .... Donny Fletcher
    27. The Spikes Gang (1974) .... Les Richter
    28. The Migrants (1974) (TV) .... Lyle Barlow
    29. "The Waltons"
    - The Gift (1974) TV Episode .... Seth Turner
    30. Happy Mother's Day, Love George (1973) .... Johnny
    ... aka Run, Stranger, Run (USA: TV title)
    31. American Graffiti (1973) (as Ronny Howard) .... Steve Bolander
    32. "M*A*S*H"
    - Sometimes You Hear the Bullet (1973) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Private Wendell Peterson
    33. "Bonanza"
    ... aka Ponderosa (USA: rerun title)
    - The Initiation (1972) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Ted Hoag
    34. "The Bold Ones: The New Doctors"
    ... aka The New Doctors
    - Discovery at Fourteen (1972) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Cory Merlino
    35. "Love, American Style"
    - Love and Happy Days/Love and the Newscasters (1972) TV Episode .... Richie Cunningham (segment "Love and Happy Days")
    36. "The Smith Family" (1971) TV Series (as Ronny Howard) .... Bob Smith (1971-1972)
    37. The Wild Country (1971) (as Ronny Howard) .... Virgil
    ... aka The Newcomers
    38. "Lassie"
    ... aka Jeff's Collie (USA)
    ... aka Timmy and Lassie (USA: syndication title)
    - Here Comes Glory!: Part 2 (1970) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Gary
    - Here Comes Glory!: Part 1 (1970) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Gary
    39. Smoke (1970) (TV) (as Ronny Howard) .... Chris
    40. "Gunsmoke"
    ... aka Gun Law (UK)
    ... aka Marshal Dillon (USA: rerun title)
    - Charlie Noon (1969) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Jamie
    41. "Lancer"
    - The Measure of a Man (1969) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Turk Caudle
    - Jelly (1968) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Willy
    42. "Daniel Boone"
    - A Man Before His Time (1969) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Luke
    43. "Land of the Giants"
    - Genius at Work (1969) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Jodar
    44. "Judd for the Defense"
    - Between the Dark and the Daylight (1969) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Phil Beeton
    45. "The F.B.I."
    - The Runaways (1968) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Jess Orkin
    46. "Mayberry R.F.D."
    - Andy and Helen Get Married (1968) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Opie Taylor
    47. "The Andy Griffith Show" (as Ronny Howard) .... Opie Taylor
    ... aka Andy of Mayberry (USA: rerun title)
    - A Girl for Goober (1968) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Opie Taylor
    - Sam for Town Council (1968) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Opie Taylor
    - Emmett's Anniversary (1968) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Opie Taylor
    - Aunt Bee's Big Moment (1968) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Opie Taylor
    - Goober Goes to an Auto Show (1968) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Opie Taylor
    (101 more)
    48. A Boy Called Nuthin' (1967) (TV) (as Ronny Howard) .... Richie `Nuthin'´ Caldwell
    49. "Gentle Ben"
    - Green-Eyed Bear (1967) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Jody Cutler
    50. "The Monroes"
    - Teaching the Tiger to Purr (1967) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Timothy Prescott
    51. "I Spy"
    - Little Boy Lost (1966) TV Episode .... Alan Loden
    52. "Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C."
    - Opie Joins the Marines (1966) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Opie Taylor
    53. "The Big Valley"
    - Night of the Wolf (1965) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Tommy
    54. Village of the Giants (1965) (as Ronny Howard) .... Genius
    55. "The Fugitive"
    - Cry Uncle (1964) TV Episode .... Gus
    56. "Dr. Kildare"
    - A Candle in the Window (1964) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Jerry Prentice
    57. "The Great Adventure"
    - Plague (1964) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Daniel Waterhouse
    58. "The Eleventh Hour"
    - Is Mr. Martian Coming Back? (1963) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Barry Stewart
    59. The Courtship of Eddie's Father (1963) (as Ronny Howard) .... Eddie
    60. "Route 66"
    - Poor Little Kangaroo Rat (1962) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Chet
    61. The Music Man (1962) (as Ronny Howard) .... Winthrop Paroo
    ... aka Meredith Willson's The Music Man (USA: complete title)
    62. "The New Breed"
    - So Dark the Night (1962) TV Episode .... Tommy Simms
    63. "General Electric Theater"
    ... aka G.E. Theater (USA: informal short title)
    - Tippy-Top (1961) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Randy
    - Mr. O'Malley (1959) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Barnaby Baxter
    64. Door-to-Door Maniac (1961) (as Ronnie Howard) .... Bobby
    ... aka Last Blood (USA: video title)
    65. "Dennis the Menace"
    ... aka Just Dennis (UK)
    - Dennis by Proxy (1960) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Stewart
    - The Party Line (1960) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Stewart
    - Dennis Haunts a House (1960) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Stewart
    - The Fishing Trip (1959) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Stewart
    - Dennis and the Signpost (1959) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Stewart
    66. "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis"
    - Room at the Bottom (1960) TV Episode .... Math Teacher's Son
    67. "Make Room for Daddy"
    ... aka The Danny Thomas Show (USA: new title)
    - Danny Meets Andy Griffith (1960) TV Episode .... Opie Taylor
    68. "The DuPont Show with June Allyson"
    ... aka The June Allyson Show
    - Child Lost (1959) TV Episode (as Ronny Howard) .... Wim
    69. "The Twilight Zone"
    - Walking Distance (1959) TV Episode (as Ronnie Howard) .... The Wilcox Boy
    70. "Johnny Ringo"
    ... aka The Westerners (USA: syndication title)
    - The Accused (1959) TV Episode (uncredited) .... Ricky Parrot
    71. The Journey (1959) (as Ronny Howard) .... Billy Rhinelander
    72. Frontier Woman (1956) (uncredited) .... Bit Part

Director
    The Odd Couple (TV Series)
    Stanley
    - Taffy Days (2016) ... Stanley
    2016 Donald Trump's The Art of the Deal: The Movie (TV Movie)
    Ron Howard
    2016 Nightmare Next Door (TV Series documentary)
    Dan Short
    - Money Hunger (2016) ... Dan Short
    2014 Gold Peak Tea: Home-Brewed Taste (Video short) (voice)
    2003-2013 Arrested Development (TV Series)
    Narrator / Ron Howard
    - Blockheads (2013) ... Ron Howard / Narrator
    - Off the Hook (2013) ... Narrator (voice, uncredited)
    - Señoritis (2013) ... Narrator (voice, uncredited)
    - It Gets Better (2013) ... Ron Howard / Narrator
    - A New Attitude (2013) ... Narrator (voice, uncredited)
    Show all 67 episodes
    2011 The Death and Return of Superman (Short)
    Max's Son
    2011 From Up on Poppy Hill
    Philosophy Club President (English version, voice)
    2001 A Beautiful Mind
    Man at Governors' Ball (uncredited)
    2001 Osmosis Jones
    Tom Colonic (voice)
    2000 How the Grinch Stole Christmas
    Whoville Townsperson (uncredited)
    1998-1999 The Simpsons (TV Series)
    Ron Howard / Rob Howard
    - Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder (1999) ... Ron Howard (voice)
    - When You Dish Upon a Star (1998) ... Rob Howard (voice)
    1999 Frasier (TV Series)
    Stephen
    - Good Samaritan (1999) ... Stephen (voice)
    1998 Welcome to Hollywood
    Ron Howard
    1986 Return to Mayberry (TV Movie)
    Opie Taylor
    1974-1984 Happy Days (TV Series)
    Richie Cunningham / Asst. DA Cecil Cunningham
    - Passages: Part 2 (1984) ... Richie Cunningham
    - Welcome Home: Part 2 (1983) ... Richie Cunningham
    - Welcome Home: Part 1 (1983) ... Richie Cunningham
    - Ralph's Family Problem (1980) ... Richie Cunningham
    - The Roaring Twenties (1980) ... Richie Cunningham / Asst. DA Cecil Cunningham
    Show all 170 episodes
    1983 When Your Lover Leaves (TV Movie) (uncredited)
    1982 Night Shift
    Annoying Sax Player / Boy Making out with Girlfriend in Front of Chuck's Apartment (uncredited)
    1980-1981 The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang (TV Series)
    Richie Cunningham
    - Give Me a Hand: Something's Afoot (1981) ... Richie Cunningham (voice)
    - All This and Timbuktu (1981) ... Richie Cunningham (voice)
    - Around the World in 80 Ways (1981) ... Richie Cunningham (voice)
    - Perilous Pauline (1981) ... Richie Cunningham (voice)
    - There's No Place Like Rome (1981) ... Richie Cunningham (voice)
    Show all 24 episodes
    1981 Fire on the Mountain (TV Movie)
    Lee Mackie
    1975-1981 Insight (TV Series)
    Joe / Connie
    - The Needle's Eye (1981) ... Joe
    - Somewhere Before (1975) ... Connie
    1981 Saturday Night Live (TV Series)
    Contestant #2
    - George Kennedy/Miles Davis (1981) ... Contestant #2 (uncredited)
    1981 Bitter Harvest (TV Movie)
    Ned De Vries
    1980 Act of Love (TV Movie)
    Leon Cybulkowski
    1976-1979 Laverne & Shirley (TV Series)
    Richie Cunningham
    - Shotgun Wedding: Part 2 (1979) ... Richie Cunningham
    - Excuse Me, May I Cut In? (1976) ... Richie Cunningham
    1979 More American Graffiti
    Steve Bolander
    1977 Grand Theft Auto
    Sam Freeman
    1977 I'm a Fool (TV Movie)
    Andy
    1976 The Shootist ..Gillom Rogers
    1976 Eat My Dust
    Hoover Niebold
    1976 The First Nudie Musical
    Auditioning actor (uncredited)
    1975 Huckleberry Finn (TV Movie)
    Huckleberry Finn
    1967-1975 Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color (TV Series)
    Chris / Virgil / Nuthin / ...
    - Wild Country: Part 2 (1975) ... Virgil (as Ronny Howard)
    - Smoke: Part 2 (1970) ... Chris (as Ronny Howard)
    - Smoke: Part 1 (1970) ... Chris (as Ronny Howard)
    - A Boy Called Nuthin': Part 2 (1967) ... Nuthin (as Ronny Howard)
    - A Boy Called Nuthin': Part 1 (1967) ... Richie 'Nuthin'' Caldwell (as Ronny Howard)
    1974 Locusts (TV Movie)
    Donny Fletcher
    1974 The Spikes Gang
    Les
    1974 The Migrants (TV Movie)
    Lyle Barlow
    1974 The Waltons (TV Series)
    Seth Turner
    - The Gift (1974) ... Seth Turner
    1973 Happy Mother's Day, Love George
    Johnny Hanson
    1973 American Graffiti
    Steve (as Ronny Howard)
    1973 M*A*S*H (TV Series)
    Wendell
    - Sometimes You Hear the Bullet (1973) ... Wendell (as Ronny Howard)
    1970-1972 Bonanza (TV Series)
    Ted Hoag / Young boy with Griffin (son)
    - The Initiation (1972) ... Ted Hoag (as Ronny Howard)
    - A Matter of Circumstance (1970) ... Young boy with Griffin (son)
    1971-1972 The Smith Family (TV Series)
    Bob Smith
    - Father-In-Law (1972) ... Bob Smith
    - Homecoming (1972) ... Bob Smith
    - Ten O'Clock and All Is Well (1972) ... Bob Smith
    - Rogue Cop (1972) ... Bob Smith
    - My Mother, the Star (1972) ... Bob Smith
    Show all 39 episodes
    1972 The Bold Ones: The New Doctors (TV Series)
    Cory Merlino
    - Discovery at Fourteen (1972) ... Cory Merlino (as Ronny Howard)
    1972 Love, American Style (TV Series)
    Richie Cunningham (segment "Love and Happy Days")
    - Love and the Happy Days/Love and the Newscasters (1972) ... Richie Cunningham (segment "Love and Happy Days") (as Ronny Howard)
    1970 The Wild Country
    Virgil Tanner (as Ronny Howard)
    1970 Lassie (TV Series)
    Gary
    - Here Comes Glory!: Part 2 (1970) ... Gary (as Ronny Howard)
    - Here Comes Glory!: Part 1 (1970) ... Gary (as Ronny Howard)
    1970 Headmaster (TV Series)
    Tony Landis
    - Will the Real Mother of Tony Landis Please Stand Up? (1970) ... Tony Landis
    1970 Smoke (TV Movie)
    Chris (as Ronny Howard)
    1969 Gunsmoke (TV Series)
    Jamie Barker
    - Charlie Noon (1969) ... Jamie Barker (as Ronny Howard)
    1967-1969 Gentle Ben (TV Series)
    Jerry / Jody Cutler
    - The Bully (1969) ... Jerry (as Ronny Howard)
    - Green-Eyed Bear (1967) ... Jody Cutler (as Ronny Howard)
    1968-1969 Lancer (TV Series)
    Turk Caudle / Willy
    - The Measure of a Man (1969) ... Turk Caudle (as Ronny Howard)
    - Jelly (1968) ... Willy (as Ronny Howard)
    1969 Daniel Boone (TV Series)
    Luke
    - A Man Before His Time (1969) ... Luke (as Ronny Howard)
    1969 Land of the Giants (TV Series)
    Jodar
    - Genius at Work (1969) ... Jodar (as Ronny Howard)
    1969 Judd for the Defense (TV Series)
    Phil Beeton
    - Between the Dark and the Daylight (1969) ... Phil Beeton (as Ronny Howard)
    1968 The F.B.I. (TV Series)
    Jess Orkin
    - The Runaways (1968) ... Jess Orkin (as Ronny Howard)
    1968 Mayberry R.F.D. (TV Series)
    Opie Taylor
    - Andy and Helen Get Married (1968) ... Opie Taylor (as Ronny Howard)
    1960-1968 The Andy Griffith Show (TV Series)
    Opie Taylor / Opie Taylor (as Ronny Howard)
    - Mayberry R.F.D. (1968) ... Opie Taylor (as Ronny Howard, credit only)
    - A Girl for Goober (1968) ... Opie Taylor (as Ronny Howard)
    - Opie and Mike (1968) ... Opie Taylor (as Ronny Howard)
    - Sam for Town Council (1968) ... Opie Taylor (as Ronny Howard)
    - Emmett's Anniversary (1968) ... Opie Taylor (as Ronny Howard)
    Show all 224 episodes
    1966-1968 Gomer Pyle: USMC (TV Series)
    Opie Taylor
    - Gomer Goes Home (1968) ... Opie Taylor (uncredited)
    - Opie Joins the Marines (1966) ... Opie Taylor (as Ronny Howard)
    1967 The Monroes (TV Series)
    Timothy Prescott
    - Teaching the Tiger to Purr (1967) ... Timothy Prescott (as Ronny Howard)
    1966 I Spy (TV Series)
    Alan Loden
    - Little Boy Lost (1966) ... Alan Loden (as Ronnie Howard)
    1965 The Big Valley (TV Series)
    Tommy
    - Night of the Wolf (1965) ... Tommy (as Ronny Howard)
    1965 Village of the Giants
    Genius (as Ronny Howard)
    1964 The Fugitive (TV Series)
    Gus
    - Cry Uncle (1964) ... Gus (as Ronny Howard)
    1964 Valentine's Day (TV Series)
    Jack
    - The Old School Tie (1964) ... Jack (as Ronny Howard)
    1964 Dr. Kildare (TV Series)
    Jerry Prentice
    - A Candle in the Window (1964) ... Jerry Prentice (as Ronny Howard)
    1964 The Great Adventure (TV Series)
    Daniel Waterhouse
    - Plague (1964) ... Daniel Waterhouse (as Ronny Howard)
    1963 The Eleventh Hour (TV Series)
    Barry Stewart
    - Is Mr. Martian Coming Back? (1963) ... Barry Stewart (as Ronny Howard)
    1963 The Courtship of Eddie's Father
    Eddie Corbett (as Ronny Howard)
    1962 Route 66 (TV Series)
    Chet Duncan
    - Poor Little Kangaroo Rat (1962) ... Chet Duncan (as Ronny Howard)
    1962 The Music Man
    Winthrop Paroo (as Ronny Howard)
    1962 The New Breed (TV Series)
    Tommy Simms
    - So Dark the Night (1962) ... Tommy Simms (as Ronny Howard)
    1959-1961 General Electric Theater (TV Series)
    Randy / Barnaby Baxter
    - Tippy-Top (1961) ... Randy (as Ronny Howard)
    - Mr. O'Malley (1959) ... Barnaby Baxter (as Ronny Howard)
    1961 Five Minutes to Live
    Bobby Wilson (as Ronnie Howard)
    1959-1961 The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis (TV Series)
    Little Boy with Ray Gun / Little Boy Eating Candy Bar / Dan Adams / ...
    - Take Me to Your Leader (1961) ... Little Boy with Ray Gun (as Ronnie Howard)
    - Where There's a Will (1960) ... Little Boy Eating Candy Bar (as Ronny Howard)
    - Room at the Bottom (1960) ... Dan Adams (as Ronny Howard)
    - Dobie's Birthday Party (1959) ... Georgie (as Ronny Howard)
    1960 Pete and Gladys (TV Series)
    Tommy
    - The Goat Story (1960) ... Tommy
    1960 Cheyenne (TV Series)
    Timmy
    - Counterfeit Gun (1960) ... Timmy (uncredited)
    1959-1960 Just Dennis (TV Series)
    Stewart
    - Dennis by Proxy (1960) ... Stewart (as Ronny Howard)
    - The Party Line (1960) ... Stewart (uncredited)
    - Mr. Wilson's Sister (1960) ... Stewart (uncredited)
    - Dennis Haunts a House (1960) ... Stewart (as Ronny Howard)
    - The Fishing Trip (1959) ... Stewart (as Ronny Howard)
    Show all 6 episodes
    1960 The Red Skelton Hour (TV Series)
    Joey
    - Episode #9.25 (1960) ... Joey
    1960 Make Room for Daddy (TV Series)
    Opie Taylor
    - Danny Meets Andy Griffith (1960) ... Opie Taylor (as Ronny Howard)
    1959 Hennesey (TV Series)
    Walker
    - The Baby Sitter (1959) ... Walker
    1959 The DuPont Show with June Allyson (TV Series)
    Wim Wegless
    - Child Lost (1959) ... Wim Wegless (as Ronny Howard)
    1959 The Twilight Zone (TV Series)
    Wilcox Boy
    - Walking Distance (1959) ... Wilcox Boy (as Ronnie Howard)
    1959 Johnny Ringo (TV Series)
    Ricky Parrott
    - The Accused (1959) ... Ricky Parrott (uncredited)
    1959 Five Fingers (TV Series)
    - Station Break (1959) ... (as Ronny Howard)
    1959 Playhouse 90 (TV Series)
    - Dark December (1959) ... (as Ronny Howard)
    1959 The Journey
    Billy Rhinelander (as Ronny Howard)
    1956 Frontier Woman
    Bit Part (uncredited)

Producer
    2022 Curious George (producer) (announced)
    2017 American Made (producer) (completed)
    2017 The Dark Tower (producer) (post-production)
    My Stroke of Insight (producer) (announced)
    The Girl Before (producer) (announced)
    Zelda (producer) (announced)
    2017 Genius (TV Series) (executive producer - 10 episodes)
    - Episode #1.10 (2017) ... (executive producer)
    - Episode #1.9 (2017) ... (executive producer)
    - Episode #1.8 (2017) ... (executive producer)
    - Episode #1.7 (2017) ... (executive producer)
    - Episode #1.6 (2017) ... (executive producer)
    Show all 10 episodes
    2016 Mars (TV Series) (executive producer - 6 episodes)
    - Crossroads (2016) ... (executive producer)
    - Darkest Days (2016) ... (executive producer)
    - Power (2016) ... (executive producer)
    - Pressure Drop (2016) ... (executive producer)
    - Grounded (2016) ... (executive producer)
    Show all 6 episodes
    2016/I Inferno (producer - produced by)
    2016 The Beatles: Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years (Documentary) (producer)
    2015 Clan of the Cave Bear (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    2015 Breakthrough (TV Series documentary) (executive producer - 6 episodes)
    - Water Apocalypse (2015) ... (executive producer)
    - Energy on the Edge (2015) ... (executive producer)
    - The Age of Aging (2015) ... (executive producer)
    - Decoding the Brain (2015) ... (executive producer)
    - More Than Human (2015) ... (executive producer)
    Show all 6 episodes
    2015 In the Heart of the Sea (producer)
    2015 Curious George 3: Back to the Jungle (executive producer)
    2006-2015 Curious George (TV Series) (executive producer - 46 episodes)
    - Curious George's Amazon Adventure/Monkey Senses (2015) ... (executive producer)
    - George's Curious Dragon Dance/Bowling for Bobolinks (2015) ... (executive producer)
    - Happy Valentine's Day, George!/Oh Deer (2015) ... (executive producer)
    - Red Planet Monkey/Tortilla Express (2014) ... (executive producer)
    - Monkey Hoedown/Curious George Clowns Around (2014) ... (executive producer)
    Show all 46 episodes
    2015 WTF America (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    2014 The Good Lie (producer)
    2014 Unsung Heroes: The Story of America's Female Patriots (TV Movie documentary) (executive producer)
    2013 A Dream of Flying (Short) (producer)
    2013 Evermore (Short) (executive producer)
    2013 Little Duck (Short) (executive producer)
    2013 ...And She Was My Eve (Video short) (executive producer)
    2013 Curious George: A Halloween Boo Fest (Video) (executive producer)
    2013/II Out of the Blue (Short) (executive producer)
    2013 Made in America (Documentary) (producer)
    2013/I Rush (producer)
    2003-2013 Arrested Development (TV Series) (executive producer - 52 episodes)
    - Flight of the Phoenix (2013) ... (executive producer)
    - Development Arrested (2006) ... (executive producer)
    - Family Ties (2006) ... (executive producer)
    - Fakin' It (2006) ... (executive producer)
    - Exit Strategy (2006) ... (executive producer)
    Show all 52 episodes
    2013 Curious George Swings Into Spring (Video) (executive producer)
    2012 The Great Escape (TV Series) (executive producer - 8 episodes)
    - Escape from the Tower (2012) ... (executive producer)
    - Escape from the Swamp (2012) ... (executive producer)
    - Escape from the Power Station (2012) ... (executive producer)
    - Escape from Los Angeles (2012) ... (executive producer)
    - Escape from Air Force Boneyard (2012) ... (executive producer)
    Show all 8 episodes
    2012 Katy Perry: Part of Me (Documentary) (producer)
    2010-2012 Parenthood (TV Series) (executive producer - 9 episodes)
    - My Brother's Wedding (2012) ... (executive producer)
    - Remember Me, I'm the One Who Loves You (2012) ... (executive producer)
    - Tough Love (2012) ... (executive producer)
    - Politics (2012) ... (executive producer)
    - It Is What It Is (2012) ... (executive producer)
    Show all 9 episodes
    2012 Susan 313 (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    2011 When You Find Me (Short) (executive producer)
    2011 Cowboys & Aliens (producer)
    2011/I Restless (producer)
    2011 The Dilemma (producer)
    2009 Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    2009 Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey! (executive producer)
    2009 Angels & Demons (producer)
    2008 Frost/Nixon (producer)
    2008 Changeling (producer)
    2006 The Da Vinci Code (producer)
    2005-2006 The Inside (TV Series) (executive producer - 8 episodes)
    - Skin and Bone (2006) ... (executive producer - uncredited)
    - Gem (2006) ... (executive producer - uncredited)
    - The Perfect Couple (2005) ... (executive producer - uncredited)
    - Point of Origin (2005) ... (executive producer - uncredited)
    - Little Girl Lost (2005) ... (executive producer - uncredited)
    Show all 8 episodes
    2006 Curious George (producer)
    2005 Cinderella Man (producer)
    2005 Inside Deep Throat (Documentary) (producer - uncredited)
    2004 The Alamo (producer)
    2003/I The Missing (producer)
    2003 The Break (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    2003 The Snobs (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    1998-2002 Felicity (TV Series) (executive producer - 51 episodes)
    - Felicity Interrupted (2002) ... (executive producer)
    - Back to the Future (2002) ... (executive producer)
    - Spin the Bottle (2002) ... (executive producer)
    - The Power of the Ex (2002) ... (executive producer)
    - Time Will Tell (2002) ... (executive producer)
    Show all 51 episodes
    2001 Silicon Follies (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    2001 A Beautiful Mind (producer)
    2001 The Beast (TV Series) (executive producer)
    2000 How the Grinch Stole Christmas (producer)
    1999-2000 The PJs (TV Series) (executive producer - 4 episodes)
    - Who Da Boss? (2000) ... (executive producer)
    - Haiti and the Tramp (2000) ... (executive producer)
    - Home School Daze (2000) ... (executive producer)
    - Bougie Nights (1999) ... (executive producer)
    1998-2000 Sports Night (TV Series) (executive producer - 45 episodes)
    - Quo Vadimus (2000) ... (executive producer)
    - La Forza Del Destino (2000) ... (executive producer)
    - Bells and a Siren (2000) ... (executive producer)
    - April Is the Cruelest Month (2000) ... (executive producer)
    - Draft Day: Part 2 - The Fall of Ryan O'Brian (2000) ... (executive producer)
    Show all 45 episodes
    2000 Wonderland (TV Series) (executive producer - 1 episode)
    - Pilot (2000) ... (executive producer)
    1999 Student Affairs (TV Movie) (producer)
    1999 Beyond the Mat (Documentary) (producer)
    1999 Edtv (producer)
    1999 Mulholland Dr. (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    1998 From the Earth to the Moon (TV Mini-Series) (producer - 12 episodes)
    - The Original Wives Club (1998) ... (producer)
    - Le voyage dans la lune (1998) ... (producer)
    - Galileo Was Right (1998) ... (producer)
    - For Miles and Miles (1998) ... (producer)
    - We Interrupt This Program (1998) ... (producer)
    Show all 12 episodes
    1997 Hiller and Diller (TV Series) (executive producer)
    1997 Inventing the Abbotts (producer)
    1996 The Chamber (producer)
    1992 Far and Away (producer)
    1991 Closet Land (executive producer)
    1991 The Doors (executive producer - uncredited)
    1990 Parenthood (TV Series) (executive producer)
    1989 The 'Burbs (executive producer)
    1988 Clean and Sober (executive producer)
    1988 Vibes (executive producer)
    1988 Poison (TV Series) (producer)
    1988 Poison (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    1988 Smart Guys (TV Series) (executive producer)
    1987 Take Five (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    1987 No Man's Land (executive producer)
    1986 Gung Ho (executive producer)
    1986 The Lone Star Kid (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    1985 Into Thin Air (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    1985 ABC Afterschool Specials (TV Series) (executive producer - 1 episode)
    - No Greater Gift (1985) ... (executive producer)
    1984-1985 Maximum Security (TV Series) (executive producer - 3 episodes)
    - Sleep Tight (1985) ... (executive producer)
    - Sexual Politics (1985) ... (executive producer)
    - I Never Ran for My Father: Part 2 (1984) ... (executive producer)
    1983 Little Shots (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    1983 When Your Lover Leaves (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    1981 The Time Crystal (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    1981 Skyward Christmas (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    1980 Skyward (TV Movie) (executive producer)
    1980 Leo and Loree (executive producer)

Director
    Seveneves (announced)
    The Girl Before (announced)
    Zelda (announced)
    2017 Genius (TV Series) (1 episode)
    - Episode #1.1 (2017)
    2016/I Inferno (directed by)
    2016 The Beatles: Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years (Documentary)
    2015 In the Heart of the Sea
    2015 Breakthrough (TV Series documentary) (1 episode)
    - The Age of Aging (2015)
    2013 Made in America (Documentary)
    2013/I Rush
    2011 The Dilemma
    2010 Presidential Reunion (Video short)
    2010 Heidi Montag Says No to Plastic (Video short)
    2009 Angels & Demons
    2008 Frost/Nixon
    2006 The Da Vinci Code
    2005 Cinderella Man
    2003/I The Missing
    2001 A Beautiful Mind
    2000 How the Grinch Stole Christmas
    1999 Edtv
    1996 Ransom
    1995 Apollo 13
    1994 The Paper
    1992 Far and Away
    1991 Backdraft
    1989 Parenthood
    1988 Willow
    1987 Take Five (TV Movie)
    1986 Gung Ho
    1985 Cocoon
    1984 Splash
    1983 Little Shots (TV Movie)
    1982 Night Shift
    1981 The Time Crystal (TV Movie)
    1980 Skyward (TV Movie)
    1978 Cotton Candy (TV Movie)
    1977 Grand Theft Auto
    1969 Cards, Cads, Guns, Gore and Death (Short)
    1969 Deed of Daring-Do (Short)
    1969 Old Paint (Short)

Writer
    Parenthood (TV Series) (based on the characters created by - 10 episodes, 2014 - 2015) (characters - 4 episodes, 2011 - 2012)
    - May God Bless and Keep You Always (2015) ... (based on the characters created by)
    - We Made It Through the Night (2015) ... (based on the characters created by)
    - Let's Go Home (2015) ... (based on the characters created by)
    - How Did We Get Here? (2015) ... (based on the characters created by)
    - Lean In (2014) ... (based on the characters created by)
    Show all 14 episodes
    1992 Far and Away (story)
    1989 Parenthood (story)
    1978 Cotton Candy (TV Movie)
    1977 Grand Theft Auto (written by)

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 9 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Ron Howard, best known for his childhood character,
    of Richard Cunningham, in Happy Days,

Starred in 1 film with Duke:-

The Shootist (1976) .... Gillom Rogers

He played a good part in the film,
    and it was clear he and Duke, got on well.

Ron Howard was unusual, because instead of transgressing
    from childhood star, to adult star,
    he was different, as he went from childhood star,
    to adult Director!!
    He made quite a few films as an actor,
    The Shootist, being one of his more well known ones.

According to Duke: The Life and Image of John Wayne

Duke, said he was the most talented young actor, he had ever encountered.
    Just before his death, Duke had bought the rights to a novel,
    Beau John, which he hoped to film with Ron

Ron of course is now a hugely successful Director,
    and his achievements are immense, and well documented in
    the Biography/Filmography

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• Here is what Pat Stacy had to say about the Manuscript "Beau John" and later put it in Her book "Duke: a Love Story." ;)

Pat said that Duke had come across a Story that had not been Published yet and He liked the Story so much that he had "Batjak" buy it before it had been Proofed. <_<

"Beau John" was about a small town Kentucky life back in the 1920s and liked the Story Very Much. After working with Ron Howard in "The Shootist" he said that it had a Great Part for Ron and Himself. He thought a great deal about Ron Howard after working with Him. :)

Duke said that it Might even get Ron and Himself a Oscar nomination! :rolleyes: This was not to be, but Duke had started making plans to Go into Production with the Story and had already talked to Ron Howard about it. He said to Ron, "Just You and Me Kid." :D

As far as I can find out "Batjak" still has the Manuscript and has not been Published yet. Batjak of course is now Controlled by Gretchen Wayne, Mike Wayne's Widow, so I would not look for it to be made into a Film in the Near Future!!! :angry:

Bill :cowboy:

• The one film I liked him in the most was "American Graffitti". Lots of good music and a good coming of age movie.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• With the release of 'Frost/Nixon'
    and Ron Howard at the pinacle of his career,
    it makes me wonder, if Duke was alive today,
    what he would think of his The Shootist co-star?
    My thoughts are, that I guess Duke would be mighty proud.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• One of the first things I saw Ron Howard in was "The Music Man". I had to giggle the other day when I watched it at his 'lisping' that was very selective and exaggerated during the "Wells Fargo Wagon" song. But he was such a cutie that it's easily forgiven. :D

• Awhile back, I was watching the movie, The Shootist on TV. During commercial break, Ron Howard did an interview. He spoke of how great it was working with the Duke and the mutual respect they had for each other. The Duke said he would like to make one more movie and it would be with him, Ron Howard. Ron said the movie would be called: John and Me!
    Didn't give much details about the film, only that he was disapointed that it never got off the ground. I assume that was due to John's failing health. Does anyone know if this went anywhere beyond the talking stages? Bill

• Awhile back, I was watching the movie, The Shootist on TV. During commercial break, Ron Howard did an interview. He spoke of how great it was working with the Duke and the mutual respect they had for each other. The Duke said he would like to make one more movie and it would be with him, Ron Howard. Ron said the movie would be called: John and Me!
    Didn't give much details about the film, only that he was disapointed that it never got off the ground. I assume that was due to John's failing health. Does anyone know if this went anywhere beyond the talking stages? Bill

Just before his death, Duke had bought the rights to a novel,
    Beau John, which he hoped to film with Ron, to be later called Beau Geste.
    This has also been discussed in the Lonesome Dove thread.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England