Monument Valley, Arizona

There are 115 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 135,345 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Great shot and when you compare them to the original scenes,
    taken from our opening post, looks like nothing has changed!

Stagecoach.
    Somehow I prefer the pics when I do a black and white conversion.

Dooley,

Stagecoach- Location Photos

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• [quote='ethanedwards','http://dukewayne.com/bb/index.php?thread/&postID=111466#post111466']Great shot and when you compare them to the original scenes,
    taken from our opening post, looks like nothing has changed!

Dooley,

Stagecoach- Location Photos

Thanks Keith,

I did try to shoot most of the angles I could remember from Searchers, Fort Apache and Stagecoach; tricky when you're on a fiesty Mustang named Geronimo!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• This place is definitely one that is on my bucket list to visit. One of my co-workers was there 4 years ago and loved it. We have to try to decide what time of year is best to visit.

• Hi

We have just got back from spending a fortnight touring the national parks which included visits to Moab Sedona Grand Canyon and of course Monument Valley. MV is absolutely as I imagined it would be and staying overnight at Gouldings and watching the sun rise over Monument Valley was something I will never forget.
    There is a stone which is called John Waynes Boot for obvious reasons. And I got to get on a horse, (the first time in 45 years) at John Ford point.
    Sitting on our balcony looking up the valley you could visualise where some of the films were shot altogether a fantastic occasion.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• May2-- thank you for the website about Monument Valley, very nice. We drove through on the highway in
    1997, pulled over and stopped saw a little bit of things. Would like to go back sometime.

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

• Great picture, Francesco. I bet it was a great time. I hope to get out to Monument Valley myself, one day. Did you stay at Gouldings Lodge?

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Francesco-- Thank you, now I have that beautiful "Big" picture on my computer.Also, I just caught the pose you did, copying Duke's honoring Harry Carey.
    Good one.
    Ernie

"A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

Edited once, last by colkid60 ().