Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 823,900 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• McNamara and jerks like him sent us over there to fight a war and then tied our hands behind our backs. And the very worst part about the whole freakin' mess is that the GIs got the blame, instead of the A-holes in Washington.

I'll remain forever bitter about Vietnam because of the way 58,000+ of America's finest lives were thrown away. Before that war, I was probably one of the most patriotic people in America but in its' wake, I started to hate this government, the news media (because of its' relentlessly negative coverage about the war) and even the American people because they came to the point where they refused to support us (their minds were changed because of the news media.) In the intervening years, I've remained bitter and mad.

Then came Bush and his crap in Iraq, which just strengthened my anger toward politicians who get us into unnecessary wars.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• My old Aircraft Commander in B-29s in the early 1950s had stayed in the U.S.A.F. and became a General and was in Commanded of the B-52s in this Damn War, and Said that They knew just where The Missile Sites were at, But this man would Not Let them Call In Fighter Strikes to Take them Out !
    :yeaahh:
    Because this man Did Not Want to Upset The Enemy, and that we Lost about ONE B-52 and Crew a Day to these Missile Sites !!
    :cry2:
    I hope This Man Can Account for This where ever He is Now !!!
    :glare:
    Bill
    :cowboy:

• Read the very last sentence in this article.

Considering the qualifiers Kristol put in that sentence, you know I'm rooting loudly for the lady. :teeth_smile:

• Sarah Palin, is Stepping Down as Governor at the End Of The Month, and going to Fight the Crooks in Washinton, and I think you are Going to See The First Woman President in 2012, and My Kind Of Woman With a Rifle in one Hand and a Fishing Pole in The Other Hand !!!

:wub:
    GO SARAH
    Chilibill

:cowboy:

Are you kidding? Palin has just handed any future opponent a very powerful weapon. No matter how she tries to spin this, the simple fact is that Palin couldn't manage to serve a single term as Governor. She failed to uphold her oath of office. When the going got tough, Sarah turned and ran.... and now you want her running the country???

The GOP is in shambles.

"Day off?"
    "Off day."

• "If you have an anti-mainstream-media and anti-GOP-establishment bone in your body, it's hard not to root for her at least a bit."

Yes, it's hard not to root for her at least a bit !

Chester :newyear:

Obviously, Sarah's resignation didn't hurt her among conservatives, who comprise a majority of the GOP's base.

I think a lot of this sentiment has to do with the fact that many if not most conservatives reject "establishment" choices foisted upon us by Washington party members and the media.

• I think we as a public should reject ANYONE who has been trained for politics with in the last 5 years. Best way to shake up the system is to vote out everyone that makes it up...

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Before you all moan about how the left is taking us down the road to oblivion, remember that the people who voted Obama in weren't so much choosing Obama, but REJECTING George W. Bush. His ineptitude in EVERY aspect of his administration, with a litany of lies that makes Slick Willy Clinton look like Honest Abe Lincoln! Remember that load of crap about being "a uniter, not a divider"? My word, was there anything that this man said that was actually true? Oh, there was--perpetual tax cuts for the richest Americans! How come republicans like to think that they represent the "average Joe", yet their ilk, like the fundamentalist christians, always side with the wealthy and the powerful? They'll argue on behalf of thieves like Ken Lay until they're blue in the face.

"Day off?"
    "Off day."

• with a litany of lies that makes Slick Willy Clinton look like Honest Abe Lincoln!

I would tend to disagree with that statement. I can still remember Slick Willy sitting up there, trying to remember what the definition of "is" is. Does the name Paula Jones ring a bell? Only one of dozens. A couple of them met their maker for inadvertent disclosure. How about Vince Foster? Ron Brown? It seems being associated with the Clintons was not a healthy pastime.

I will agree with you that both presidents did not seem to be looking out for our country's best interests. I do think that both of them were knowledgeable about the CIA's drug-running activities. And the oil companies sure did make a bit of money last year, didn't they?

As erthomp and Stumpy indicated - vote 'em ALL out and start over with a fresh bunch. As I've mentioned before, the higher echelon in our government is totally controlled by international power brokers. If they deviate from the 'program' they die.

Chester :newyear:

• I'm no apologist for Bill Clinton, that's for sure, but his personal flaws--of which there are MANY--didn't cause us to invade Iraq and bankrupt the nation. Clinton's roving eye, cocky self assuredeness, and dirty southern political tactics were nowhere near as ruinous to this nation as Bush 43's ineptitude.

Where ARE those WMDs, anyway?

"Day off?"
    "Off day."

• You may think George was bad, if you have a few minutes, . . .

I watched the first fifteen minutes and will finish off the remainder later.

There's much, much more in that presentation than I can comment on here, but what it discusses is really nothing new, as the banks and later the Gilded Age of America's 19th century set the precedent. Jesus Christ (or Allah, or Buddha et al.) isn't the God in which we trust, but the Almighty Dollar; always has been, always will be.

I don't know anything about the makers of this production, but I'm surpised at how much of what I've seen so far jibes with what I've been going on about in this thread.

Thought provoking and fascinating for someone who hadn't previously been exposed to the corruption that lies within, but business as usual to those of us who've studied history...

I'm glad we can agree on something here!

"Day off?"
    "Off day."

• I never know how to take this woman.

I enjoy reading her columns most of the time, even though in some of them she has admitted being a Dummicrat and supporting Bambi. It's obvious she's a flaming liberal yet sometimes she shows hints of conservative thought. She's an enigma for sure.

Edited once, last by Stumpy ().