Any baseball fans out there?

There are 131 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 25,066 times. The latest Post () was by Paula.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• 8 days off was too many for the Rockies. They came down off there "high" and never got there momentum back.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• (bump)Well, we came within one game of winning the college world series, dog gone it all!!!! Oh well, can't wait for college football to roll around.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I'm with you on this one, Jay. I have to root for the Rays. They are from my team's division. I am an Orioles fan, and I loved the Rays because they were the only thing keeping my Orioles out of last place these last ten years. :embaressed_smile:

I'm glad to see them finally having their magical year. And it's always a plus when someone OTHER than the Yanks or Sox win our division!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• As a Twins fan I like to see the "small market teams" make it once in awhile. And there are 2 ex-Twins on the Rays as well, Matt Garza-P and Jason Bartlett-SS.

-John Wayne

• Sorry but I must upset the apple cart and root for the Phils. Them winning keeps the murder rate down, seriously. If they lose, don't visit Philly until May. They booed the Pope, Santa, and Billy Graham.
    You should see the bandwagon jumpers here. If they get behind 2-1 or 3-1 in games hold on the force effect from all the bandwagon jumpers leaping off the same day will cause a small earthquake.

• Sorry but I must upset the apple cart and root for the Phils. Them winning keeps the murder rate down, seriously. If they lose, don't visit Philly until May. They booed the Pope, Santa, and Billy Graham.
    You should see the bandwagon jumpers here. If they get behind 2-1 or 3-1 in games hold on the force effect from all the bandwagon jumpers leaping off the same day will cause a small earthquake.

There is a Metallica song by the name of "Sad but True" that works for that situation. I think Detroit can get like that as well.

-John Wayne

• Finally after 28 years the Phillies won the championship. I remember the 1966 collapse, the great teams in the 70's that lost to the Reds, Dodgers, and Pirates, the 1980 win, the 1983 and 1993 loses and now the 2008 win.

• Congrats to the Philly's. Although I would have liked to of seen a team win that hadn't won before I think the better team won. The Rays had the pitching but the Philly's had the experience and leadership and a better lineup on the field from top to bottom.

-John Wayne

• I guess it must be time to dust off this thread, right?

I confess I don't spend much time watching professional baseball (though I do enjoy it, just don't have much opportunity).

But for us, Little League baseball has started. Our son is in the Majors division this year, and has had two games so far, both of which his team won. So far, so good!

What are y'all watching these days? Major League Baseball's opening day is April 6th.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• All I will say is Go Twins!!! Big baseball fan here, really looking forward to the season starting and to the new ballpark in Minneapolis that opens next year.

Oh and one more thing, the WBC is a joke. They should stop playing that tournament.

-John Wayne

• My Orioles are coming of 11 straight losing seasons. It's been hard to stay a fan, but a fan I am. So, yes, I am excited to smell the hotdogs, popcorn, cut grass and the sound of the ball off the bat. Plus the Orioles have actually made some serious moves to improve this off season and should start making a climb back to respectability. I can only hope.

Hey, arn't you going to miss that baggie out in right field when the Twins move to the new park? :wink_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hey, arn't you going to miss that baggie out in right field when the Twins move to the new park? :wink_smile:

Mark, the baggie might be missed for a few wins a year. But I would much rather be outside in the summer watching a ballgame then inside the dome on a warm summer night. But you already know that from Camden yards.

-John Wayne

• Haven't kept up with baseball too much since the Braves no longer own their division, but with all the pitching changes this year, this might be an interesting season. We'll see.

Stay thirsty my friends.