Guess The Quote - Part Two!

There are 90 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 36,097 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Okay guys. I guess I've kept you waiting long enough.

That quote came from Reunion in France.

Thanks for playing and let's get another quote from someone else.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Yeah, last night, the Mrs. was reading this thread and saw the answer, and coincidentally at the same time, our son was putting in the DVD to watch the same film! I hadn't read the thread yet, so when Duke shows up and starts saying it, I said, "Hey, that's the quote from the message board!" Naturally, the Mrs. says, "Where have you been? gt already told us the answer."

Anyway, it was pretty funny, and thanks gt, for the time line, we were wondering how much of the movie had passed before seeing JW's face. We knew it was more than 30 minutes, but didn't notice what time we started the movie, so couldn't tell for sure.

Now somebody has to come up with another quote . . . I'll be trying to think of a good one.

Chester :newyear:

• Okay guys. I guess I've kept you waiting long enough.

That quote came from Reunion in France.

Thanks for playing and let's get another quote from someone else.

Ha...it's no wonder I didn't know it. I saw that film once in the mid-80s, and after it was over, told myself never to watch it again. And guess what...I never have. I consider it to be one of the worst films John Wayne has ever appeared in, and that includes all his 1930's B western turkeys!

• Ooops. I guess I chould have waited a while longer, eh?:stunned:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• falc04, I am going to royally kick myself when somebody posts the answer to this, I know it, I can see the scene in my mind, but the movie just won't come. If I figure it out, I'll send the answer in a PM.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I watched Red River again today and did not hear the quote in it. Then I started thinking...maybe it was Rio Bravo when Duke stepped in when Dean Martin was drunk in the saloon and being mad fun of. Goodness....somebody here needs to figure this one out before I watch all of my movies over again...lol:stunned:

I was telling GT last night that it seems to me like I have heard that quote in more than one movie.

This is a great stumper for sure....

• I don't think it was Rio Bravo. I have seen this movie and don't recall it being in that movie. I'll take a jab :glare: and say, El Dorado.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I was telling GT last night that it seems to me like I have heard that quote in more than one movie.

This is a great stumper for sure....

I can't say for sure that this quote isn't in more than one movie, but I can tell you with a certainty that it is definitely in Tall in the Saddle.

Chester :newyear: