John Wayne's Tribute to America

There are 46 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 25,234 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Duke Lane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Yup, you gotta put it on your "to order" list for sure. I enjoyed the DVD very much. I did think the part where Duke rides through an old ghost town was a bit sad, but it was fun seeing all those stars from my youth together again. I don't think they could do something like that now. With current Stars and what they make today, there just ain't that much money to get them all together. :wink_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Yup, you gotta put it on your "to order" list for sure. I enjoyed the DVD very much. I did think the part where Duke rides through an old ghost town was a bit sad, but it was fun seeing all those stars from my youth together again. I don't think they could do something like that now. With current Stars and what they make today, there just ain't that much money to get them all together. :wink_smile:

Mark

If it was a tribute, political or charitable thing I doubt they would charge. Look what Jerry Lewis puts together every year and they don't get money for performing. As long as they get SAG's approval and the person donates their time. They have tons of actors on for that 21 hour event.

• Got mine for a cool Nine Ninety FOE (9.94) at the local Wal-Mart and thoroughly enjoyed it!!! Thanks to Hondo for turning me on to this.:hyper:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Sounds like we need to get this on our "to order" list, pronto!

Though it arrived almost two weeks ago, we just had opportunity this evening to watch it, and I must say we really enjoyed it. The skit with Bob Hope and Ann Margret entertaining the troops at Valley Forge was pretty humorous!

Some of the special features, advertising Anheuser/Busch, were pretty neat (almost made me want to head out for a cold beer).

And the other special, the clip from the old TV show What's My Line? was real fun to watch.

Definitely worth the money and the wait!

Chester :newyear:

• This is a great video. After watching this DVD, what is your opinion of this video? Out of 4 stars, how would you rate this show?

I will give it 3 and a half stars.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote