Wayne To Be Posthumously honored

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,990 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Screen legend JOHN WAYNE is to be posthumously honored at the 25th Golden Boot Awards in August (07). The Academy Award-winning actor's son Patrick will collect the Founders Award on his father's behalf at the Beverly Hills, California ceremony. Wayne died in 1979.

Viggo Mortensen, Eva Marie Saint, Martin Kove, Lee Horsley and the late Gene Autry will also be honored at the 11 August event.

The Golden Boot Awards were established in 1982 to pay tribute to those who have furthered the tradition of the western genre on film and television.

-Contact Music

• They must be paying tribute to Viggo for the movie Hidalgo. I thought that was a good movie and I liked him as Aragorn in The Lord of the Rings movies.

The awards keep flying in, my gues is we will never see a year like this for the Duke again. So grab your collectibles now people!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I'm sure the seating is full already but the cheapest seat was $250. Clint got the award last year. John Wayne already got the award back in 1996 and his son Patrick got it in 1998. No one got it in 2004. Kind of a weird award. Just about anyone who ever played in a western can get it... even DeForest Kelley got it in 1999.

The honorees for this year are: Caruth C. Byrd, Lee Horsley, Shirley Jones, Martin Kove, Walt Larue and more to be announced. Maybe their giving Duke some centennial award or who knows. It a fundraiser for the Motion Picture & Television Fund Foundation.

I've been getting anything I can with Duke's name on it. My bookcase is full, I have a full barrister (glass door bookcase) and our walls are getting full of photos, metal signs and all sorts of things.

• I agree with their choices of honorees (and not that I have anyhting against him) but, what has Martin Kove really done? I mean, the only Western I have ever seen him in (which BTW, was today as a matter of fact) was an episode of Gunsmoke. I can see that Lee Horsley should be honored. I think he was on two Western series if im not sadly mistaken?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..