Any (American) football fans here?

There are 544 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 141,254 times. The latest Post () was by Rooster52.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Now my favorite sport is about to begin. But it looks like it may be a down year for my Falcons. But college or pro, I love football. Let's talk trash!!!!!!!!!:teeth_smile:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• My sympathies to your Falcons, gt12pak. Michael Vick's legal problems really messed it up for the team's hope for a productive year.

My team, on the other hand, is looking foward to another good year!

They went 13 and 3 last year, but lost to the Colts (who use to belong in Baltimore...but that's an argument for another time:glare: ) in the Playoffs. It's payback time.:wink_smile:

GO RAVENS!!!!!!

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Thought it was soccer too.

Funny how the big wave of excitement over American Football when it was first televised in 1980s by Channel 4 has waned.

The brother was fanatically about it and watched the matches and superbowl but he rarely mentions it now.

Mike

• when you said football i was thinking our season is just weeks away from finishing, we play rugby union, league, AFL & soccer. these are our major forms but there are some american football teams as well but not really followed.
    my team the north Queensland cowboys is just outside the top 8, the little blokes team is in the top 8, we only have about another 5 rounds to play then the finals hope my team makes the top 8 and gets to the finals.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I love football... the only real team sport...

I am a Houston Oilers fan, no I do not mean the Titans. Since they moved and renamed the team, I don't really have one that I follow. In the mid 70's I got to meet the Oilers players and go to some practices and games, what a joy that was for a 10 year old boy.

I can't seem to bring myself to be a Niner's or Raiders fan, even though they are the local teams.

I am a Bret Farve fan, but he is on his way out. I have yet to see a recent player that plays with his passion for the game.

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• I can't seem to bring myself to be a Niner's or Raiders fan, even though they are the local teams.

The only time I had any real interest in any sport was when the Forty Niners won the Super Bowl, under Bill Walsh's leadership back in the eighties. I realize I'm in a small minority of folks that have absolutely no interest in organized sports, although my wife has been trying to interest me in baseball, as she enjoys it quite a bit. There may be hope for me yet. :teeth_smile:

Chester :newyear:

• Hey, gt - my wife and I are big football fans - both college (being from Texas one has to be) and NFL. My favorites are Texas and Texas A&M on the collegiate side and the Cowboys (of course) who had their summer camp here at the Alamodome.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• I love football... the only real team sport...

I am a Houston Oilers fan, no I do not mean the Titans. Since they moved and renamed the team, I don't really have one that I follow.

I know that feeling, erthomp. When The Baltimore Colts left Baltimore for Indianapolis in the early 80's (The owner snuck off in the middle of a December night) I couldn't find it in myself to follow them anymore. It hurt the fans here for years. So I followed my wife's team (The Philadelphia Eagles) untill Baltimore got back into the league with The Ravens. Got to root for the home team! :thumbs_up:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Yeah, I agree. I knew you guys were gonna get better when you got McNair. The defense was already in place and the only thing ya'll lacked was the quarterback. That being said however, it's really tough being in the same conference as Indy, New England, San Diego, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh.....the last two being in the same division and playing them twice a year. Any team getting through the playoffs in the American league deserves a Super Bowl victory. Man is it stacked over there.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• my team just won this weeks game and have made it to forth on the ladder the little blokes team is sitting at 7th , my team are facing the dragons this week hope they win as the dragons have lost the last few games they have played.

go NQ Cowboys :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hey, gt - my wife and I are big football fans - both college (being from Texas one has to be) and NFL. My favorites are Texas and Texas A&M on the collegiate side and the Cowboys (of course) who had their summer camp here at the Alamodome.

Hi Jay, same here, I enjoy both college and pro. Georgia Bulldog fan here and to a lesser extent, I'm also a Georgia Tech fan as well. What I really like about the Bulldogs is that each year, we seem to be playing a team out of the SEC. Two years ago, we played Boise State, last year, I think it was Colorado, and this year, our first game will be against one of your rivals...Oklahoma State.

Some of my Georgia buddies don't wanna see this game take place, they think we'll get our butts kicked, but I welcome the challenge. I wanna see what my team is made of right out of the gate. That way, I know whether or not I can hold my head high, talk my trash, or just humbly bow out of any conversation about college football.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• This year, our first game will be against one of your rivals...Oklahoma State.
    Some of my Georgia buddies don't wanna see this game take place, they think we'll get our butts kicked, but I welcome the challenge. I wanna see what my team is made of right out of the gate. That way, I know whether or not I can hold my head high, talk my trash, or just humbly bow out of any conversation about college football.

You never can tell, gt - there are always upsets in any game. Your game against the Cowboys might just be one of them.

"Not hardly!!!"

• Jay, I felt the same way 2 years ago when we had to play Boise State. Everybody was bragging about that high powered offense that they had and I was like, oh heck, we ain't got no business playing those guys and look what happened. We annihilated them. Me personally, and I know others will disagree with me here, but IMO, the SEC is the toughest conference to be in. I mean, just look at the teams that are here. Florida (national champs) Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, South Carolina (with the ol' ball coach) and of course my Georgia Bulldogs. So now I no longer dread those games because I think we're as good as any other team out there and I can't wait for that game.

Stay thirsty my friends.